Realism And Nerfing Comments

FunkatronFunkatron Join Date: 2004-08-12 Member: 30551Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Enjoy</div> Hey,
I been playing this game for about 4 months now and by now I think I have a well enough understanding of the game to post some feedback. First off, like to say great job on the game so far. Without a doubt the best HL mod. In any case, I just have a few things I'd like to say.

<b><u>Nerfing Ideas</u></b>
<b>Onos</b>
1. Should not be able to fit into any vents.
2. Should not be able to climb ladders. It's pretty ridiculous.
This thing is already ridicously armored; can charge if it needs to run away; can eat marines every few seconds; can stun; and is powerful as hell. Does it really need to be able to fit in vents and climb ladders. Give it some weakness besides being a wide target. Show me a rhino that climb a ladder and I'll shutup.

<b>Jetpack and Shotgun</b>
1. Why isn't there any kickback? If you jumped up and fired a 12 gauge, you definately would go flying back, why not in this game?

<b>Seige</b>
1. It makes no sense to me. You build a turrets behind the walls of a hive and it manages to nuke everything in there? I heard seige is being scrapped all together. If that's true, that might be a bit unnecessary. Just make it so the hive can actually be "seen" by the turret. If that makes it a bit worthless, so be it.

<b>Fade</b>
I'm not a fan of co maps but it's a good way to get practice at using aliens. It any case, this guy is way too powerful in co. Regen and carapace make him way too deadly. Throw in focus, scent of fear, celerity and it get's a bit too ridiculous.

<b>Gernade Launcher</b>
Toning down this things damage or radius wouldn't hurt I think.

<b>Hive</b>
Think this thing should be able to defend itself to some degree. If a marine jetpacks and lands on it, I think it'd be cool if it just "ate" the marine, or kinda hurt him like spores does.

My 2 cents. Thanks for reading, peace.

Comments

• SariselSarisel .::&#39; ( O ) &#39;;:-. .-.:;&#39; ( O ) &#39;::. Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18557Members, Constellation
    Now that you've played NS (4 months), go and learn how to play it.
  • wallerwaller Join Date: 2004-04-28 Member: 28281Members
    edited August 2004
    The siege cannon has to see the hive...
    Isn't that the point of scanning?

<edit> ONOS WEAK!? ATM it's just one big skulk. it needs to be beefed not hit with the nerf stick again...</edits>
  • HibameHibame Join Date: 2003-11-16 Member: 22974Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just to be an **** half that can be answered by:

Nanites
  • AfrAfr Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16240Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Since you havent been around to play the old versions you would say that the onos is pretty balanced now.

And another thing

Gameplay > Realism
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    ...Nice to know you found out that NS isn't a realism mod.

AND IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TOO.
  • AesyrqweAesyrqwe Join Date: 2004-03-15 Member: 27357Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Sarisel+Aug 13 2004, 04:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sarisel @ Aug 13 2004, 04:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Now that you've played NS (4 months), go and learn how to play it.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Heh, my thoughts exactly..

I believe a squad of 3 lmgers with some good manuvering can take out an onos.. and exactly what vents are you talking about?

-Aes-
  • wallerwaller Join Date: 2004-04-28 Member: 28281Members
    I personally would rather fade then onos anyway.
    and i've also never been in a vent as onos, didn't think the mappers where dumb enough to make a vent big enough to fit the onos into.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    A) This belonged in the Ideas & Suggestions forum, not General Discussion.

B) Many of these have been brought up before. Use the search function before posting a new topic.

C) <span style='color:red'>*LOCKED.*</span>
This discussion has been closed.