I Hate Ebuyer.

SixsixoneSixsixone Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30104Members
Sigh:

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Sigh. Ordered my new hard drive off ebuyer. It said it would be delivered on Monday 11th October. I waited till wednesday for fairness. It still hasn't come.

I went onto the the ebuyer website, it said my order had been dispatched/invoiced. I went to track my order, clicked it.

It comes up with the citylink website.

''This Order Does not Exist''

Shocked

So I went to find out what to do. I went to contact us, And the only option is to leave an 'Enote' So I left one, posted at 8:59am and they still haven't even looked at it yet.

I then searched thier site for a phone number.
They don't have one!

I thought they must do, it said somewhere they had a call service. So I phoned up 118 118.

"Ebuyer Are Ex-Directory"

Argh...

So then I phoned up citylink, And told them the details, And they said that order does not exist.

For gods sake.
I'm glad my Mum is in her 3rd year of law.
If ebuyer does not sort this out, They can expect a can of whoop ****.

Anyone else had problems with them?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comments

• BobTheJanitorBobTheJanitor Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24228Members, NS1 Playtester
    I <u>always</u> check <a href='http://www.resellerratings.com' target='_blank'>resellerratings.com</a> before buying anything online. A search for ebuyer turns <a href='http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1463.html' target='_blank'>this</a> up. Not an extremely bad rating, but I usually won't do business with a company if they don't rank an 8.5 or higher. And note that their rating has been falling over the past few months as well, never a good sign.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    hmmm from what BTJ says I would try and get any records you can find of your purchase and then go after them with a vengance
  • CartiCarti Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18099Members, Constellation
    Never EVER EVER EVER EVER buy from them.

In England, 40% of their customers have written complaints about them either dispacting the wrong order or it has came broken or <b>2</b> months late.

I'm guessing you're American.. i've heard alot of good stuff from newegg.com.. try them.
  • BryBry Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12609Members
    yea ive ordered from them qutie a lot i think vie only had one broken item from them when they replaced fairly quickly.

Although my mate jsut ordered from them and the case which was supposed to be black is grey and his motherboard is was dead on arrival.

With ebuyer i think at the end of the day its down to luck.

(this is the uk store btw)
  • twoflowtwoflow Singing Drunk Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1950Members, Constellation
    I love them. They've always dispatched stuff to me on time, and one hard drive that died after a month or so was replaced within a few days. Cheap as chips, too. Top gents!
  • StarchyStarchy Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15727Members, Constellation
    I bought nearly everything from ebuyer for my new pc, no problems at all.
  • antichristantichrist Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16769Members
    gg <a href='http://microdirect.co.uk' target='_blank'>microdirect.co.uk</a>
  • CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    Ebuyer (UK) Ltd (37798395O)
    201 Woodbourn Road
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire S81 7QP
    UK
    Phone: 0870 4675012
    Fax: 0870 4675001

Give them a call or a fax or something.
  • SixsixoneSixsixone Join Date: 2004-07-25 Member: 30104Members
    Bah, how did you find the number?

BTW, I'm in the UK.
  • CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Sixsixone+Oct 15 2004, 02:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sixsixone @ Oct 15 2004, 02:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Bah, how did you find the number? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I whois'd their domain name.
  • antifreezeantifreeze The guy with the goods&#33; Join Date: 2003-05-12 Member: 16232Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Flint Paper+Oct 14 2004, 10:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Flint Paper @ Oct 14 2004, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I love them. They've always dispatched stuff to me on time, and one hard drive that died after a month or so was replaced within a few days. Cheap as chips, too. Top gents! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well sorta the same.

I bought a drive and it died after 3 days and the bios couldn't see the drive and it was my windows boot drive so i had no windows. Contacted ebuyer 5 days later they reply telling me it's my fault and install MaxBlast to see if it can fix the problem if not then tell them the error code.

WTH? I said in the eNote that the bios couldn't see the drive. So maxblast simply told me that i dont have any drives installed. What made me more angry is i told them that i really need a replacement so i can do my uni work and they reply on the day i was hoping to have the replacement by.

My language got a little colourful in my response to them, but they got my drift. Thing is, it wasn't the first time. I bought a motherboard off them and the chipset exploded, they blamed me for bad cooling and said i would have to pay a replacement charge or something. f**k that, send it back, taking none of there RMA Bull and refused the credit card payment.

The best i have found at the moment in the UK is <a href='http://www.aria.co.uk' target='_blank'>http://www.aria.co.uk</a>

Ordered a router off them at about 2pm on tuesday, it turned up at 10:30am on wednesday. That's standard handling too.