My Desktop Icons Are Borked

ElectricSheepElectricSheep Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15716Members
<div class="IPBDescription">They do not display correctly</div> Ever since I upgraded to SP 2 on windows XP all the icons in my startmenu and on my desktop do not appear correctly. They show a default exe window or default file icon. The funny thing is, If I right click and go to properties, the icon does show up there. Furthermore, if I make a new shortcut it does come up correctly. How do I fix this, short of remaking every shortcut in the starmenu and the desktop?

Comments

• DragonMechDragonMech Join Date: 2003-09-19 Member: 21023Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Try refreshing your desktop - just right click and it should be an option.
  • ElectricSheepElectricSheep Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15716Members
    edited October 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-Dragon_Mech+Oct 17 2004, 08:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dragon_Mech @ Oct 17 2004, 08:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Try refreshing your desktop - just right click and it should be an option. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No go, However, if I go into properties for an individual icon and go to change icon and select the icon that is already assigned to it it appears. But I don;t want to go through every file on my computer and do this now do I?

EDIT: I fixed it! I did it by changing the computers color settings to 16 bit, forcing it to change the icons, which made them appear, then changed it back to 32 bit!