Mass Ip

124»

Comments

• john_sheujohn_sheu Join Date: 2004-02-26 Member: 26917Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-SDJASON+Nov 10 2004, 03:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SDJASON @ Nov 10 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> id invite you to come on the NSarmslab Server, G4B2S server, or Texas(HK) server, these are the ones i most frequent... and if im on.... ask me to comm.. most people on will support my strat, as they have seen it work in the past.... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As a G4B2S regular, I doubt that. You must be one of the daytime players, then; log on during the late-night, when the regs and admins come out of hiding, and you'll see how that <i>doesn't</i> work.
  • KobayashiKobayashi Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17956Members
    edited November 2004
    I have 1 word.

Beacon.

have a nice day.

EDIT: oh and btw, obviously 3-4 ips are needed on G4B2S, it's a really large server. But Beacon is still > more ips (which max out at 3, 4 with a mod we're using) bcasue Beacon is faster tahn spawn times, anf your marines are grouped up again. Just beacon while your last rines are dying, make sure it's before they start chomping on the PG.
  • CEldinCEldin Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1323Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-SDJASON+Oct 31 2004, 09:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SDJASON @ Oct 31 2004, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Marines need to reload, and as a result, are quickly overwhelmed when trying to hold a situation... Several skulks can use timing, cover, and dodging to quickly deplete marines of thier ammo, when this happens, it is usuallt 1-3 bites, which happen in less than a second, and you have one less marine defending this location. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Quickly deplete marines of their ammo... that is probobly the funniest thing I have heard all week.

One marine has the potential to end 5 skulks if his bullets dont miss, good marines can end 2 skulks pretty easily, and very good marines can end 3.

This argument (as I didnt read the rest of your essay after this laughable tidbit) is simply not valid. Decent marines outlive decent skulks. At hive one AT MOST you should have 2 ip, so that you spawn much faster than skulks. Hive two I could maybe maybe see three. Anything more than that means your spending res not on giving weapons to later on help kill aliens (thus prolonging their lives) and not on keeping them alive with meds. If this is the case you are commanding poorly.
  • master_wongmaster_wong Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32649Members
    you are forgetting something...

as more of your troops dies, more resources aliens get.

althought you may lost double of troops as aliens and pwn the hive, the next hive will not be easy.
    you will expect a horde of onos/fade and lots and lots of WoL waiting for you from the kill they took in the first hive...
  • enigmaenigma Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31623Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->This is just like the SC chamber first discussion on Kharra board. It can work it you play it right.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

sc first IS viable, however dc first is much more reliable, esp on pubs
    past armor 1 however, dc > sc, no debating it
    hive lockdowns are a pain to take down with 1st hive sc, unless of course you have 1-2 gorges constantly healing

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Pease let SDJason speak...... It seems that there is a bible of strategies out (no offence to the book in question)<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

in fact, there pretty much is, as explained by spacejesus earlier

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You dissing this strategy is like saying seiges are for n00bs because the lerk can gas them. ok.......<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ok.. elaborate on your analogy? i see no connection between mass ips and sieges getting gassed by lerks
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My strat rarely fails....AND.... it only prolongs the game by 10 min<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

your strat rarely fails? play at night or on a better server, see how often your strat fails.

evidently, youre whole team of rines is being slaughtered consistently, giving the aliens more than enough rfk to onos/fade. dont debate it, 10 good fade/onos owns even the rine team constantly being beaconed every 5 seconds

also, 10 min is enough for another quick game

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ANd hell yes its a hell of a lot more fun... :-P<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

fun for rines, lame for aliens
    edited November 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Takes the public TOO long to realize a good strategy when it comes around. All they do is shoot the messenger.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

we're only shooting you because the strat DOES NOT WORK vs decent aliens

i HAVE tried ip spamming before, in fact i think i dropped more than 20 ips and several comm chairs at tanith ms when all hope was lost

marines spawn no more than <b><i><u>TWO</u></i></b> at a time, although more ips does increase the rate that they spawn at

i have seen little/no difference between 3 ips and 20

more than 3-4 ips would only be beneficial in the occassional telefrag
    <!--QuoteBegin-5kyh16h91+Nov 3 2004, 04:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (5kyh16h91 @ Nov 3 2004, 04:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> To be honest, it's still a safer investment to drop the ips. It doesn't take a genius to suicide rush and shoot, however you need good players that weld constantly and know when to retreat and such in order for your 3 heavies to stay alive. And as soon as an onos comes, those heavies are dead (this assuming the onos isn't an idiot and doesn't rush the marines, and hopefully the aliens have a lerk with umbra or a fade as well). <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It doesn't take a genius to suicide rush and shoot<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it also doesn't take a genius to rambo and die to a single skulk either

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And as soon as an onos comes, those heavies are dead (this assuming the onos isn't an idiot and doesn't rush the marines, and hopefully the aliens have a lerk with umbra or a fade as well).<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

if the onos that isn't an idiot that doesn't rush marines and hopefully the aliens have a lerk with umbra or a fade as well can kill 3 heavies, what makes you think they cant kill lmg rines?

gg
    just thought of this...

you aren't handing out any kind of weapons right?

no gls, shotties, hmgs?

and u don't care if the aliens have all the res nodes in the world?

how do u expect to kill the walls of lame that the gorges build?
    Quintuple-post? :o
  • SpaceJesusSpaceJesus Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29683Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-Stung256+Nov 10 2004, 08:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Stung256 @ Nov 10 2004, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> One marine has the potential to end 5 skulks if his bullets dont miss <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually he can drop 7 vanilla skulks.

90 damage to kill a skulk.

LMG = 10 damage per shot.
    9 bullets = 90 damage = 1 skulk kill.
    9 x 5 = 45 rounds = 5 skulk kills with 5 rounds left.

Pistol = 20 damage per shot.
    5 bullets = 100 damage = 1 skulk kill.
    2 x 5 = 10 rounds = 2 skulk kills with 0 rounds left.

Of course this is all based on the assumption that the marine has perfect aim never misses a shot and the skulk has no upgrades. But it's still 7 kills.
  • SLizerSLizer Join Date: 2003-11-07 Member: 22363Members, Constellation
    One ip for every 5mins of game would be good/effective/nice dont you agree?
  • SDJasonSDJason Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16841Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-apex`+Nov 11 2004, 12:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (apex` @ Nov 11 2004, 12:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> just thought of this...

you aren't handing out any kind of weapons right?

no gls, shotties, hmgs?

and u don't care if the aliens have all the res nodes in the world?

how do u expect to kill the walls of lame that the gorges build? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    ugh..... no one reads my posts

AFTER the ip's are up.. and the PG is up near the hive... every res i get goes into dropping HMG's GL's ect for the massively respawning marines to take into battle (or medspam)
    <b>SDJASON</b>: when's the latest you can play on any given night? Come on around midnight CST and we'll see how it goes.
  • SDJasonSDJason Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16841Members
    Was on midnight EST today...... got pwned both times i tried.....

However... many on at the time agreed.. marines couldnt shoot......

also i think that server lags a bit.... i dunno, im not gonna say it caused me to lose, but i consider myself a good ns player.. and i know if my crosshair is on a skulk.. he should die..... and something is wrong when he doesent.....

<b>Anyways... ill flat out admit that... it failed...horribly on the G4B2S server....</b>

But i know it works.....(most of the time)

And id invite you onto the NSARMSLAB classic server... just about anytime..... to see how it works..... when i can do it with marines who (purely imho) can shoot

~Jason