A Few Good G-men

2»

Comments

• CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-TychoCelchuuu+Jul 12 2005, 08:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TychoCelchuuu @ Jul 12 2005, 08:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CForrester+Jul 12 2005, 03:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CForrester @ Jul 12 2005, 03:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-TychoCelchuuu+Jul 12 2005, 09:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (TychoCelchuuu @ Jul 12 2005, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Pretty good. It's obviously amazing for being Machinima, but the rigidity of people outside their faces and their arms kind of breaks the illusion. Just use 3dsmax, man. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's much easier to do it in Source. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you insist. I've never tried Source animating, but aside from the faces I can't imagine it being anywhere near intuitive. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's quite easy, actually. I've been messing around with it. You can use the pre-made sequences like walking or running, and you can create your own gestures. Much easier than animating everything in 3dsMax, then rendering it and adding in the audio afterwards.

If the Source engine could handle higher quality artwork, I would be claiming that it's going to be the next big hit in the CG movie industry.