Windows on a Mac

CEldinCEldin Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1323Members
I just got a mac and I was wondering if there was a FREE way to get windows to work. I want to play some NS!!

Comments

• alzarocalzaroc Join Date: 2003-07-26 Member: 18451Members, Constellation
    Try <a href="http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/" target="_blank">Crossover</a>. Works perfectly here!
  • im_lostim_lost TWG Rule Guru Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15861Members
    edited November 2006
    <!--quoteo(post=1574064:date=Nov 6 2006, 01:03 PM:name=alzaroc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(alzaroc @ Nov 6 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]1574064[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Try <a href="http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/" target="_blank">Crossover</a>. Works perfectly here!
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Apparently you missed the word "<b><u><i>FREE</i></u></b>". Unless the 60 day beta can really be used for more than 60 days.
  • bowdownbowdown Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58111Members
    i have a mac all you need to do is download boot camp from apples web site which is free install it it creates a second partition on your harddrive then you just need a copy of windows xp and you install it. runns totally native since now apple has moved over to intel and you can choose to boot up to os x or windows. works like a charm i have both install and i have had zero problems but follow the instruction boot camp gives you perfectly because if you dont you could risk losing all your data
  • CEldinCEldin Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1323Members
    And where could one acquire a copy of windows "legally"? PM me? Or how much is it?
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    You can buy Windows from your nearest software store. It's no different for Mac than it is PC.
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    Ive got a Macbook Pro running OSX and Windows XP in dual boot. Using the latest Boot Camp and an XP Service Pack 2 disc (vital that its service pack 2). Almost everything runs flawlessly, and in some cases runs better than my windows machine.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->*PHASED*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> to Off-Topic.