Multiple Endings To Deus Ex. Your Choice?

2»

Comments

• TequilaTequila Join Date: 2003-08-13 Member: 19660Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-esuna+Jun 7 2004, 02:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (esuna @ Jun 7 2004, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Pulse+Jun 6 2004, 06:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Pulse @ Jun 6 2004, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ...at Daikatana i... <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I am offended by this word. Please censor yourself. Admins PLEASE add this word to the swear filter, it's too obscene! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I hear a child in Sweden had his retina implode upon seeing an advert for Direkatana. Please, listen to Esuna, save lives: filter the damn word!
  • StarchyStarchy Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15727Members, Constellation
    edited June 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-Nemesis Zero+Jun 6 2004, 12:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Nemesis Zero @ Jun 6 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Spector is going to take big influence in DX3.
    Also, Spector is known to be highly interested in non-violent gameplay. So here's to hoping.

<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Spector was sacked though, along with most of the ion storm people....they are now only making ps2 games...
  • RellixRellix Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13572Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-Starchy+Jun 7 2004, 04:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Starchy @ Jun 7 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Nemesis Zero+Jun 6 2004, 12:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Nemesis Zero @ Jun 6 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Spector is going to take big influence in DX3.
    Also, Spector is known to be highly interested in non-violent gameplay. So here's to hoping.

Spector was sacked though, along with most of the ion storm people....they are now only making ps2 games... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    When did this happen, I dont remember reading about it?
  • AegeriAegeri Join Date: 2003-02-13 Member: 13486Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Starchy+Jun 7 2004, 11:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Starchy @ Jun 7 2004, 11:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Nemesis Zero+Jun 6 2004, 12:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Nemesis Zero @ Jun 6 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Spector is going to take big influence in DX3.

Spector was sacked though, along with most of the ion storm people....they are now only making ps2 games... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't believe he was sacked. But from what I've read from Spector, I wouldn't be surprised to see Deus Ex 3 is more dumbed down and actionified (because Eidos will force him too I think). Thief 3 has turned out to be a good game, but I'd put money on it being because of former looking glass people working on it and the dramatic failure of Deus Ex than Spectors involvement.

Deus Ex ending I chose was merge with AI, because it seemed the most logical in a way. In Deus Ex Invisible Port, I just slaughtered everyone, which I believe led me to the omar ending (don't really remember now). It's kind of funny how hardly anybody has to survive in IW to actually finish the game. Utterly no consequence for doing that either btw, so much for 'emergent' gameplay.

One day, like what will happen with Fallout far in the future, some of the old fans of the game will do a true sequel. One day...
  • Ugly_JimUgly_Jim Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10235Members
    edited June 2004
    It was on shacknews or something, I heard it too. A lot of Ion Storm people were fired/laid off, and Warren resigned. I heard they were starting their own company, but they won't have rights to the Thief or Deus Ex franchise. :-[

edit: <a href='http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/32037' target='_blank'>http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/32037</a>
  • aaarrrghaaarrrgh Join Date: 2003-10-20 Member: 21812Members
    <i>"I'd rather rule in hell than serve in heaven."</i>

anyone who remembers the game will know what ending I picked.
  • AegeriAegeri Join Date: 2003-02-13 Member: 13486Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Ugly_Jim+Jun 7 2004, 05:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ugly_Jim @ Jun 7 2004, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It was on shacknews or something, I heard it too. A lot of Ion Storm people were fired/laid off, and Warren resigned. I heard they were starting their own company, but they won't have rights to the Thief or Deus Ex franchise. :-[

edit: <a href='http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/32037' target='_blank'>http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/32037</a> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ahhh I see, that makes a lot of sense then (that he resigned, because I definitely knew he hadn't been fired).

I'm not surprised to see it going PS2 development only however.

Oh well, there are always mods, and IMO, the future of PC gaming should be in mods.

Now to learn how to mod UT2k4 so people can once again enjoy turn based strategy games without the heavy dose of suck.
  • Seph_KimaraSeph_Kimara Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19359Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-aaarrrgh+Jun 7 2004, 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (aaarrrgh @ Jun 7 2004, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <i>"I'd rather rule in hell than serve in heaven."</i>

anyone who remembers the game will know what ending I picked. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    *thinks*

Illuminati?
  • PulsePulse To create, to create and escape. Join Date: 2002-08-29 Member: 1248Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rellix+Jun 7 2004, 12:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Rellix @ Jun 7 2004, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->SS2 is way better than Deus Ex.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pardon me while I laugh in your face. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Sorry, what were we talking about again?