Have You Ever...

lilboy98lilboy98 Join Date: 2009-05-15 Member: 67414Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Fun things you've done in NS1</div>Devoured a Marine, then find a nice little hole to jump into to kill yourself, then have that marine spawn back out into his death?

Comments

• JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    hahaha now you've given me a new goal.
  • homicidehomicide Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22451Members
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not realy as the games are allways to tight to waste the res when I'm onos.
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    Because of course everyone can Evolve to Onos / Devour / Die / Respawn / Evolve to Onos / Devour / Die / Respawn / (repeat)
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    edited August 2009
    i've had a friend devour me while i was in HA, he quickly went back to the hive, and then typed :kill

so basically i got a free stealth ride into the hive, and POP! out comes a HA, and set up a PG and it was GG alien team :)

damn those double agents!

but i think the funniest thing i ever did was put a PG into that pipe in the cieling on sewer hive - I yelled PHASE! and most of the team phased into a empty pipe which there was no exit from, i then recycled the PG and they were all stuck - the funniest part was that the skulks could still bite through the bottom grating of the pipe, so the marines had to keep jumping so they would not get bitten.

ahh fun times :)

the freedom that ns gave the player, allowed you to do some pretty silly things - all of which made the game 100x more fun than was intended :)
  • Sumo-SoldierSumo-Soldier Join Date: 2009-07-24 Member: 68249Members
    helped a marine who was a friend hide high up on some cylinders at the end of the round. i did this by letting him jump on my head as i walked up the wall. yes..i was a spy.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    I liked the days of being able to clip outside of the map.
  • NeXuZNeXuZ Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19594Members
    I remember when i played a game where we marin where buiding our base in readyroom/hidden rooms where the alien should not get to us..

Or place the spwan so that the marines would fall in to a pit and cant get out or glitch so they fal out side the map.
  • EddieEddie Join Date: 2004-10-22 Member: 32412Members, Constellation
    ...zapped a hive to death with electrified turret factories :)
  • StreptoStrepto Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33571Members
    Gone Onos together with your friend, both with adrenaline, and then just stood and chain stunned a marine until a skulk parasited him to death?
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    a superfun thing i like doing, on ns_fahkikko (in an even game) is fixing 8 mc on roof, getting adre, and BAM you have an almost continuous parasite machinegun!
    extremely effective vs jetpackers when 2-3 skulks are doing it :D
    also, while talking about that map, killing team gorges and onos crossing middle ^^ so many laughs
  • Dead-InsideDead-Inside Join Date: 2004-09-22 Member: 31862Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1725598:date=Aug 30 2009, 11:09 PM:name=weezl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (weezl @ Aug 30 2009, 11:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1725598"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->a superfun thing i like doing, on ns_fahkikko (in an even game) is fixing 8 mc on roof, getting adre, and BAM you have an almost continuous parasite machinegun!
    extremely effective vs jetpackers when 2-3 skulks are doing it :D
    also, while talking about that map, killing team gorges and onos crossing middle ^^ so many laughs<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now THAT sounds sick fun.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1725553:date=Aug 30 2009, 05:32 AM:name=Daworm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daworm @ Aug 30 2009, 05:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1725553"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Because of course everyone can Evolve to Onos / Devour / Die / Respawn / Evolve to Onos / Devour / Die / Respawn / (repeat)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes that is normal for siege maps and CO actually.
    Its normal for ###### NS maps
  • SuperRoachSuperRoach Join Date: 2007-02-06 Member: 59897Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1725545:date=Aug 30 2009, 08:30 AM:name=lilboy98)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lilboy98 @ Aug 30 2009, 08:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1725545"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Devoured a Marine, then find a nice little hole to jump into to kill yourself, then have that marine spawn back out into his death?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For years, I have dreamed of swallowing a marine and, just as I'm about to be killed, jump into a vast chasm only to redeem as half the marine team watches their teammate die.

Sadly, it'll probably never happen, what with NS2 coming out so soon.

One could cheat, if you built an MC on the edge of a hole/chasm, then have an onos devour someone and use the MC while jumping out over the abyss, but it's not the same by a mile.
  • goblingoblin Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31412Members
    with 2 hives and with skulk.

go to the marine start, leap to the other side of the room, in the air you upgrade focus or celerity and them kill a marine that spawn in the IP :)
  • OpprobriousOpprobrious Join Date: 2008-11-17 Member: 65483Members
    edited August 2009
    *There is no need to be such a troll to make your point* --Comprox
  • OpprobriousOpprobrious Join Date: 2008-11-17 Member: 65483Members
    edited August 2009
    It's hilarious how badly this forum is moderated.

I describe a quality commander experience and it's deleted.

I didn't insult anyone.

Continue talking about your OC forts and jumping into trigger_hurts.
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    I find that hard to believe.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1725697:date=Aug 31 2009, 05:45 PM:name=Opprobrious)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opprobrious @ Aug 31 2009, 05:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1725697"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's hilarious how badly this forum is moderated.

I describe a quality commander experience and it's deleted.

I didn't insult anyone.

Continue talking about your OC forts and jumping into trigger_hurts.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Trolling moderators is probably the worst idea I've seen on these forums. Even worse than the suggestions in the NSPaint threads.
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    I've really enjoyed this topic and gotten some nice ideas.

Loving the redemption+onos+chasm and mass MC+parasite

Best story I have is being part of a successful gorge rush.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    what about in combat - going alien with cloak

then evolving into a cloaked onos in a vent - gets the jetpackers everytime :)

CHOMP!
  • lilboy98lilboy98 Join Date: 2009-05-15 Member: 67414Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1725863:date=Sep 1 2009, 06:40 PM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Sep 1 2009, 06:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1725863"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what about in combat - going alien with cloak

CHOMP!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hahaha. That reminds me of a time when I morphed into an Onos with an exit that was impossible for me to go out. I ended up just killing myself out of loneliness.
  • AlienamiAlienami Join Date: 2009-08-06 Member: 68370Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1725863:date=Sep 1 2009, 09:40 PM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Sep 1 2009, 09:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1725863"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what about in combat - going alien with cloak

CHOMP!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In CO, skulk, invis, focus, cloak, silence... hang at the top of a doorway at head height and 2-shot some marine before he figures out what is going on. (They never think to aim up it seems lol) That's my favorite way to kill marines as skulk.
  • lilboy98lilboy98 Join Date: 2009-05-15 Member: 67414Members
    Snuck in a phase gate into the hive by paying attention to motion tracking and hiding in the sides behind walls? I've successfully done this many times. =D
  • MelisandeMelisande Join Date: 2009-08-21 Member: 68564Members, Constellation
    ... been in on the same joke with several other players about a non-existent secret room of any particular ready room, thus confusing players into thinking that we are going into a "secret room" that they can't enter. Finally after some time we give up and tell the poor fellows to type "gg_secretroom" into console ...
    I feel bad for the ones that fall for it multiple times and don't even notice players using their F4 to move out of view.
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    destroyed an entire marine team as a gorge shooting down a long hallway, only as they come up to kill you they are greeted by 3 oc's and 2 mcs?
  • -XiziX--XiziX- Join Date: 2009-08-30 Member: 68653Members
    My friend and I had a good tactic that worked quite a few times.

On a CO map, I would save the points and basically go straight lerk with Celerity/Adrenaline/Carapace. Then, my friend would go skulk with the similar abilities and then put points into Xenocide. Once we finally maxed out with those, we would wait till all the marines either camped in their base or spawned. Once they did, I would pick up my friend and I would fly him straight into the room and stay just over their heads while he would hit Xenocide and kill everyone in the room.

Yes, it was cheap, hence why we didn't do it often. But it always gave me a good laugh.

Other than that, I remember welding an Onos on a CO map, but that was just pure luck. :<
    skulks can leap + xeno...