When are the devs going to dev again?

2»

Comments

• DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1811902:date=Nov 30 2010, 12:31 AM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Nov 30 2010, 12:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811902"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->UWE is just using Jesus (praise be his him) to slack off, take your (hard earned) money, and not produce a video game!

I mean, a 30 day break!?!?!?!?!?

That's re######ulous.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They're not taking a 30-day break... >.> They've already started doing work again. Do you even look at the Development Progress?
  • yourbonesakinyourbonesakin Join Date: 2005-08-06 Member: 57682Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811886:date=Nov 29 2010, 11:30 PM:name=DJ Splendid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DJ Splendid @ Nov 29 2010, 11:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811886"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Our species is still utterly swamped by sub-intelligent religious primitives propogating lies and deceit of themselves and others, often for selfish profit. I see no distinction between religious teachings and practices, and the schitzophrenic motivations of the potentially lethally psychotic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Considering the crusades (religious genocide) and modern day extremist fundamentalism, I see no boundary between blind faith and homocidal xenophobia.

Meaning war.

It's sad.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1812019:date=Nov 30 2010, 06:39 PM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Nov 30 2010, 06:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812019"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They're not taking a 30-day break... >.> They've already started doing work again. Do you even look at the Development Progress?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm fairly certain there was a large amount of sarcasm in Steve's post there :P
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1812041:date=Nov 30 2010, 03:09 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 30 2010, 03:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812041"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm fairly certain there was a large amount of sarcasm in Steve's post there :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

the lack of a sense of humor in this thread is astonishing :poke:

srsly, are people always like this here?
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1812039:date=Nov 30 2010, 02:57 PM:name=yourbonesakin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yourbonesakin @ Nov 30 2010, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812039"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Considering the crusades (religious genocide) and modern day extremist fundamentalism, I see no boundary between blind faith and homocidal xenophobia.

Meaning war.

It's sad.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The crusades were political garbage started by guys who happened to find themselves in power in a country with no separation between church and state. Nowhere in Christianity's teachings/doctrine does it say I should be going out and killing everyone who's different. You're making a big generalization based on the mistakes of a couple guys in power.

You might as well say that because of WWII Germany that you see no boundary between being patriotically German (modern-day) and genocide. History is history, and in the case of extremist fundamentalists, minorities are minorities.

gg
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1812093:date=Nov 30 2010, 11:53 PM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Nov 30 2010, 11:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812093"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The crusades were political garbage started by guys who happened to find themselves in power in a country with no separation between church and state. Nowhere in Christianity's teachings/doctrine does it say I should be going out and killing everyone who's different. You're making a big generalization based on the mistakes of a couple guys in power.

You might as well say that because of WWII Germany that you see no boundary between being patriotically German (modern-day) and genocide. History is history, and in the case of extremist fundamentalists, minorities are minorities.

gg<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    well, haven't you heard? - it's all about how you <i><b>interpret </b></i> the holy text.
    what it <b><i>actually</i></b> says is just meaningless rubbish...
  • yourbonesakinyourbonesakin Join Date: 2005-08-06 Member: 57682Members
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1812093:date=Nov 30 2010, 06:53 PM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Nov 30 2010, 06:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812093"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The crusades were political garbage started by guys who happened to find themselves in power in a country with no separation between church and state. Nowhere in Christianity's teachings/doctrine does it say I should be going out and killing everyone who's different. You're making a big generalization based on the mistakes of a couple guys in power.

gg<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No. The biggest religious group of the European Continent decided to war with other places (mostly the middle east) multiple times because of religious differences. And roused their armies with religious motivation. Priests sponsored the crusades. Popes <i>called for crusades</i>. Continental religious pilgrimages to crusade cathedrals for final religious rites before suiting up for war happened. Multiple times!

The crusades were <i>primarily</i> religiously motivated, sponsored by religious figures at every level and at the highest level. The european soldiers fighting them were fighting them for primarily religious reasons. There's also the looting. But the looting was just as, if not more, justified by their religion. So it's even worse!

As for the Christian bible not calling out for the death of aliens... You obviously have never actually read the bible.

Deut. 6-9:
    "6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 <b>But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.</b>"

I've found my counter example. So you're wrong. The bible encourages homicidal xenophobia. Even if the person with different religious views is your direct blood relative!

If you're going to be a Christian, read the ###### book.
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1812122:date=Nov 30 2010, 07:38 PM:name=yourbonesakin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yourbonesakin @ Nov 30 2010, 07:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812122"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No. The biggest religious group of the European Continent decided to war with other places (mostly the middle east) multiple times because of religious differences. And roused their armies with religious motivation. Priests sponsored the crusades. Popes <i>called for crusades</i>. Continental religious pilgrimages to crusade cathedrals for final religious rites before suiting up for war happened. Multiple times!

The crusades were <i>primarily</i> religiously motivated, sponsored by religious figures at every level and at the highest level. The european soldiers fighting them were fighting them for primarily religious reasons. There's also the looting. But the looting was just as, if not more, justified by their religion. So it's even worse!

As for the Christian bible not calling out for the death of aliens... You obviously have never actually read the bible.

Deut. 6-9:
    "6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 9 <b>But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.</b>"

I've found my counter example. So you're wrong. The bible encourages homicidal xenophobia. Even if the person with different religious views is your direct blood relative!

If you're going to be a Christian, read the ###### book.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Try taking things in context. Read the WHOLE book, not just the parts you think will help you the best and go "OH SNAP I WIN."
    This part of Deuteronomy is giving laws to a Theocracy. That's right - to the nation of Israel as ruled by its prophets at the time of writing (Moses, specifically, I believe). It did not have a king or any major ruling body right now. He's giving the laws to the people how they're supposed to behave. It's a historical account of the Jewish/Hebrew nation.
    If you bothered to understand the difference between Old Testamend Judaism and modern Christianity, you'd understand why we don't butcher anyone and everyone who disagrees.

Think about it - a Theocracy, or a state ruled by religion. Someone who tries to take you out of that could be labeled a traitor - treason is a capital offense in many countries today. The passage specifically mentions the offender as one who "entices thee secretly" and places them in a place of trust. It gives examples like friends or family members - these people all understand the law of the country, and are acting in secret to avoid punishment. They're NOT random people who are visiting the country, trading, or minding their own business somewhere else in the world.

I'm NOT defending theocracies, or any form of any government. I'm not saying prophets should be in charge of laws. However, countries' laws DO have the power to take life from the people in their borders, and this was how Israel was run at the time, as well as many other great nations.

Disagree with the country's ancient policies all you want. Understand that the 3000+ year-old laws of a country aren't automatically Christian law/teaching.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    I officially hate you all
    <!--quoteo(post=1812129:date=Nov 30 2010, 08:12 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Nov 30 2010, 08:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I officially hate you all<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:(
    <3
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    Not in a million years would I have thought we'd see a religious debate on the NS2 forums...

btw, bunny hopping is only for pros and n00bs are just angry!
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    edited November 2010
    More so funny is a religious debate which started with whining about a non-religious American holiday.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1812128:date=Nov 30 2010, 04:00 PM:name=Deadzone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deadzone @ Nov 30 2010, 04:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812128"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you bothered to understand the difference between Old Testamend Judaism and modern Christianity, you'd understand why we don't butcher anyone and everyone who disagrees.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

Just sayin' if you're a devote Christian, so to speak, you can't ignore stuff and pick-and-choose. Who are you to judge? (One of the many reasons why I'm an atheist).

Down with shellfish!

"But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you. They shall be an abomination to you; you shall not eat their flesh, but you shall regard their carcasses as an abomination." (Leviticus 11:10-11)
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1812149:date=Nov 30 2010, 09:55 PM:name=tk-421)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tk-421 @ Nov 30 2010, 09:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812149"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

Just sayin' if you're a devote Christian, so to speak, you can't ignore stuff and pick-and-choose. Who are you to judge? (One of the many reasons why I'm an atheist).

Down with shellfish!

"But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you. They shall be an abomination to you; you shall not eat their flesh, but you shall regard their carcasses as an abomination." (Leviticus 11:10-11)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    shrimp have fins right...right!?...RIGHT!????
    <!--quoteo(post=1812133:date=Nov 30 2010, 08:22 PM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ Nov 30 2010, 08:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1812133"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not in a million years would I have thought we'd see a religious debate on the NS2 forums...

btw, bunny hopping is only for pros and n00bs are just angry!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*shrug* I'd rather be talking about NS2 on the NS2 forums, but at the same time, I'm not gonna have misinformed lies about my faith get tossed around with no contest.

tk-421, I'll have some time to respond later, need to head out for now. You've got good selections, and I'll get back to you, assuming this thread hasn't become a flamefest and/or locked. :P
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
This discussion has been closed.