Time to think about shipping the game

Comments

• zexzex Join Date: 2009-10-07 Member: 68978Members
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1881567:date=Oct 24 2011, 09:02 AM:name=Cygone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cygone @ Oct 24 2011, 09:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881567"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It is the definition, I know this because I Googled it, and several sites gave near enough a word-for-word answer the same as the above. Your talking about a 'Closed Beta' not an 'Open Beta'.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, I'm talking about a "Beta." The whole open beta thing is a marketing gimmick for games - I'm just letting you know what "Beta" means in software development in general.

edit - "I know this because I Googled it" haha
  • CygoneCygone Join Date: 2011-05-29 Member: 101528Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881568:date=Oct 24 2011, 10:06 AM:name=zex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zex @ Oct 24 2011, 10:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881568"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No, I'm talking about a "Beta." The whole open beta thing is a marketing gimmick for games - I'm just letting you know what "Beta" means in software development in general.

edit - "I know this because I Googled it" haha<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really, your going to complain about the use of Google? If more people used it there would be alot less stupid questions being asked.

Anyway I'm not going to argue with Idiots, they drag me down to their level and beat me with experiance.
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1881569:date=Oct 24 2011, 09:15 AM:name=Cygone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cygone @ Oct 24 2011, 09:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881569"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyway I'm not going to argue with Idiots, they drag me down to their level and beat me with experiance.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So I'm an "Idiot" because your condescendingly phrased, questionably spelled assertions make no logical sense and are based on nothing except copypasting random websites "word for word" from google? I love this forum.
  • RichardRahlRichardRahl Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104594Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881556:date=Oct 24 2011, 04:14 AM:name=Cygone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cygone @ Oct 24 2011, 04:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881556"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If UWE did go bankrupt, I couldn't care less about my $35. I can tell you this; if I look at my Steam games profile I have played about 5x more NS2 than literally every other game on my database, so to me that is good value for money. I can also tell you that most of them cost more than $35, I have about 50 games on their, the only 2 games that I have played more than NS2 are, DOW2/Chaos/Retri at about 1500hours, and CSS at about 6000hours

For all those in this thread b1tching and moaning, have a look at your Steam Games list, how many games have you played more than NS2? I bet for a lot of you, the answer is relativly few.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My steam list

CS:S - 260 hours
    Cod: BO - 222 hours
    Rift - 174 hours
    NS2 - 93 hours

then theres sc2, WoW, minecraft, HoN, EVE which I know i've played more than NS2, but theres a reason for this. As it stands right now NS2 isn't anywhere near fun.
  • CygoneCygone Join Date: 2011-05-29 Member: 101528Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881573:date=Oct 24 2011, 10:36 AM:name=RichardRahl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RichardRahl @ Oct 24 2011, 10:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881573"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My steam list

CS:S - 260 hours
    Cod: BO - 222 hours
    Rift - 174 hours
    NS2 - 93 hours

then theres sc2, WoW, minecraft, HoN, EVE which I know i've played more than NS2, but theres a reason for this. As it stands right now NS2 isn't anywhere near fun.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How many games do you own on Steam tho?

Rift - C+P or WoW
    HoN - C+P of Dota
    SC2 - C+P of SC
    CoD: BO - C+P of Quake

Nothing really original in that list, I would give WoW as being original, I also played that more than NS2, more than anything in fact, at about 21000hrs.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    No one cares about original. It's about your product being played.

I think due to the state of the game it is unfair to actually categorise playtime to the other games, once full release comes and you get in to the swing of things then you could do something like that.

In nature too your MP and in particular MMO games <b>will</b> get more playtime because of the way they are structured and designed.

To give you an idea of a timescale on a finished game I have which is literally drop in and play, but is completely different to most games, is Football Manager 2011. Of which I have over 400 hours worth in an 11 month period. I have TF2 over a period of since before release topping up 900 hours and unfortunately HL/NS doesn't track properly, although in the last 2 weeks that is at 50 hours.
    <!--quoteo(post=1881576:date=Oct 24 2011, 05:50 AM:name=Cygone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cygone @ Oct 24 2011, 05:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881576"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How many games do you own on Steam tho?

Rift - C+P or WoW
    HoN - C+P of Dota
    SC2 - C+P of SC
    CoD: BO - C+P of Quake

Nothing really original in that list, I would give WoW as being original, I also played that more than NS2, more than anything in fact, at about 21000hrs.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

122 games, most of which I havn't touched.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1881567:date=Oct 24 2011, 10:02 AM:name=Cygone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cygone @ Oct 24 2011, 10:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881567"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It is the definition, I know this because I Googled it, and several sites gave near enough a word-for-word answer the same as the above. Your talking about a 'Closed Beta' not an 'Open Beta'.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It is closed. You have to pay to get in..

I would suggest to close this thread. UWE mentioned that they have a internal deadline so the game will come out then and Cory did clearly say they have enough money.
    Also WE shouldn't talk about what UWE should and what not because: Keep your breath to cool your porridge.
  • MOOtantMOOtant Join Date: 2010-06-25 Member: 72158Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881560:date=Oct 24 2011, 10:45 AM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Oct 24 2011, 10:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881560"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yea I ment in terms of movement-mechanics, but certainly not the lack of bunnyhopping specifically. Bunnyhopping is just one way to enrich the game's movement-gameplay, but if UWE can find alternatives that measure up, power to them. Right now it's no good at all, I think most people would agree with that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Enrich? Muahahahahahhahaa. That's the reason why TF2 is totally different from TFC. TF devs were so disgusted with bunnyhopping, nade throwing, nailgun shooting, jumping like an idiot medics that they completely redid them (BTW FF also worked, just a lot less popular, no marketing budget and mediocre assets).

Like I always said, if NS2 gets any hint of bunnyhopping then I'll tell every single friend to never get that game out of care for their mental health. But there is place for skill-based movement, sure. Though I have no idea why people call Quake movement code bug as if it was humanity's greatest achievement. I heard that human mind makes people explain and adapt even most absurd situations to look as if they even had a purpose.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Yea okay this is going down the wrong alley again, but for the record, I'm talking about the aliens when I mention bunnyhopping (or any kind of advanced movement-mechanic). I never cared for bunnyhopping on the marine-side pre-2.0, slick\smooth movement sure, but not full-speed bunnyhopping.
  • nUfl0wnUfl0w Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42412Members
    edited October 2011
    Ok I think we all are getting a little too excited....

ModEdit: How about you do not evade the swear filter, and don't use such language.
    <!--quoteo(post=1881591:date=Oct 24 2011, 07:51 AM:name=MOOtant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MOOtant @ Oct 24 2011, 07:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881591"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Enrich? Muahahahahahhahaa. That's the reason why TF2 is totally different from TFC. TF devs were so disgusted with bunnyhopping, nade throwing, nailgun shooting, jumping like an idiot medics that they completely redid them (BTW FF also worked, just a lot less popular, no marketing budget and mediocre assets).

Like I always said, if NS2 gets any hint of bunnyhopping then I'll tell every single friend to never get that game out of care for their mental health. But there is place for skill-based movement, sure. Though I have no idea why people call Quake movement code bug as if it was humanity's greatest achievement. I heard that human mind makes people explain and adapt even most absurd situations to look as if they even had a purpose.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll add to that, I'll ask for a refund because bunny hopping =/= skill. Saying "you're bad because you can't bunnyhop so i'm more skilled than you." is always the sentence that comes out of a code exploiters mouth whenever bhopping is brought up.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1881536:date=Oct 24 2011, 05:56 AM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Oct 24 2011, 05:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881536"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm assuming NS2's movement is the biggest thorn in a lot of people's sides right now, as it doesn't even come close to what NS1 had to offer in terms of flexibility\learning-curve. And I would be a proponent in stealing as much of NS1 as possible in that regard, but right now that kinda isn't wise. NS1 movement was pretty contigent on having a solid FPS (100+) and extremely slick and efficient netcode, that was something NS1 got for free with Gldsource, and is what's just taking forever with NS2 (replace netcode with Lua). The question that when the game runs smoother it'll get a serious movement-buff across the board, is what people are mostly looking assurance for right now (in fear of dumbed-down gameplay, a fear that is warranted).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I find it rather difficult currently to separate bad movement design from bad movement execution, if they fix the lag and FPS issues and it still feels wrong, they can adjust the movment then. Until then I think it's fine. Or at least, it's probably not going to improve whatever you do to it. Fast and laggy is probably worse than slow and laggy honestly.
    <!--quoteo(post=1881523:date=Oct 24 2011, 03:49 AM:name=ironhorse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ironhorse @ Oct 24 2011, 03:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881523"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->did we play the same game?
    you must not read gaming news or visit any rage forums.
    besides the countless glitches its known for theres the obvious textures.
    heres over 500 posts dedicated to it:
    <a href="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2154243&page=36" target="_blank">http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...243&page=36</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No I don't read gaming news.

I know everyone was saying before hand it would be 'what borderlands should have been' although that implies borderlands was something it shouldn't have been, when honestly, borderlands to me was diablo if it was an FPS, and I find that fairly novel.

Rage was not really like borderlands, and I didn't really see that much to suggest it would be like borderlands before I bought it. I bought it because I like all of ids other FPS games, and figured they'd make a pretty good shooter. And it is a pretty good shooter, the guns all work nicely, some of them are pretty cool, the enemies are quite varied and fun to fight, the driving works very well and you can easily control the cars, and the environment design is also very nice.

About the only thing I would say I didn't like was maybe the graphics, and I say maybe because I didn't dislike them really, I was just surprised that like the texture quality wasn't insanely high. But then that was based off of my experience playing doom 3 for the first time when it came out and being amazed at how it had fully dynamic shadowing and really nice textures for its time. The game certainly doesn't look bad, like I said the art design is quite lovely, and arbitrarily high resolution textures don't really do anything for me anyway.

The engine looked a lot like the UT3 engine, although it has a far more aggressive optimisation system in it from the looks of it, which is nice. I would expect that in the future, maybe once the next console generation comes out, they'll start throwing some higher res textures into it, and it'll really start to shine.

Otherwise like I said, I bought it expecting a well made FPS, and I got a well made FPS, solid shooting, stellar Id level design, interesting enemies, and it even had some cool driving sections tacked on and a bit of an RPG mechanic. Reminded me a lot of half life 2 actually, a refreshing change in a lot of ways. Although I would have liked a bit more of it, it felt a little rushed towards the end.
    <!--quoteo(post=1881606:date=Oct 24 2011, 02:22 PM:name=RichardRahl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RichardRahl @ Oct 24 2011, 02:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881606"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll add to that, I'll ask for a refund because bunny hopping =/= skill. Saying "you're bad because you can't bunnyhop so i'm more skilled than you." is always the sentence that comes out of a code exploiters mouth whenever bhopping is brought up.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What?

There's several ways in which bunnyhopping adds to how deep the skill level can be taken. You need to be able to aim along with it or you can't do anything. Aim and bunnyhopping go hand in hand.
  • CEldinCEldin Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1323Members
    The only people who can't appreciate the benefits of a movement system like BHopping are those who never bothered learning this easy skill. It's like a little kid who always refuses to try ice cream or something. If you failed to ever try doing it then how the hell can you have an opinion? It's the ignorance that annoys me - it's not a hard skill to execute or learn and people WHO HAVE TRIED IT understand what it adds to the game while those WHO CAN NOT DO IT shout about how awful it is.

Only people from one side of this argument have their heads placed firmly in the sand.

Anyway, my .02c on this issue. As an answer to the topic of this thread - I trust the dev team to make a pretty good product by the time they release. Now would be too soon, so even if they were to consider listening to "RELE@S3 N0WZ0RS" I'd suggest they refuse the suggestion :p.
    If it's easy to do what's the point in having it? Why not just make it automatic when you press the 'go forwards' key?
    <!--quoteo(post=1881658:date=Oct 24 2011, 06:23 PM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Oct 24 2011, 06:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881658"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If it's easy to do what's the point in having it? Why not just make it automatic when you press the 'go forwards' key?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If driving a car is so easy, why don't you just make everyone a race car driver?
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1881661:date=Oct 24 2011, 06:28 PM:name=konata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (konata @ Oct 24 2011, 06:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If driving a car is so easy, why don't you just make everyone a race car driver?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Poor analogy, the correct one would be 'why not automate it if you can?'

Which we actually do with things like automatic gearboxes, power steering, braking assist, computerised engine regulation, starter motors, satellite navigation, a vast number of things actually compared to say, driving a traction engine.

It follows logically that if everyone can learn to bunnyhop and should, but it causes problems getting everyone to do so, it's much more sensible to simply put in a 'bunnyhop key' which when pressed, simulates bunnyhopping behaviour with computerised precision.

Bunnyhopping can and has been automated for some time, so it's certainly not a technical limitation.

Unless of course you have some other reason for not wanting it to be available to everyone with ease?
  • SeaStormSeaStorm Join Date: 2011-05-15 Member: 98808Members
    this is not EA -_-

Games will hopefully not be released before finished!
  • MOOtantMOOtant Join Date: 2010-06-25 Member: 72158Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881667:date=Oct 24 2011, 07:36 PM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Oct 24 2011, 07:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881667"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Poor analogy, the correct one would be 'why not automate it if you can?'

Which we actually do with things like automatic gearboxes, power steering, braking assist, computerised engine regulation, starter motors, satellite navigation, a vast number of things actually compared to say, driving a traction engine.

It follows logically that if everyone can learn to bunnyhop and should, but it causes problems getting everyone to do so, it's much more sensible to simply put in a 'bunnyhop key' which when pressed, simulates bunnyhopping behaviour with computerised precision.

Bunnyhopping can and has been automated for some time, so it's certainly not a technical limitation.

Unless of course you have some other reason for not wanting it to be available to everyone with ease?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There are cars that can drive themselves except in 5% cases. Some states in US are allowing them, I've heard about few German ones that are already on the market (though quite costly atm).
    Stupid, slowly changing law is the problem just as 100 years ago there was rule demanding that every car has person running in front of it with a bell.

BH ######s love to point out how it requires skill. Going back to car analogy - early cars required starting engine manually with a crank. It required skill and physical strength. So why did people get rid of that idiocy? Because it added nothing useful to car driving experience. (it was also dangerous)

BH is a bug. It's a bug from Q1. It requires skill but is just useless. Now if people are talking about skill-based movement let's take it to extreme. There was a mod called Smashball. All of its movement was skill-based. What happened to it? It died because learning to move efficiently (not to mention fighting/shooting) took hours a lot more than average new player feels like devoting to new unknown game before getting any fun out it. That's exactly my stance with respect to lerk movement, I prefer fade in NS2 to dying as lerk because someone made 1 to 1 mapping between animation and movement code.

If anyone were to design new "BH" right then he'd have to:
    1. make it expected
    2. make it gradual
    3. have it give feedback

BH advocates know about BH already, use script to do it (or spent ######load of time mastering that boring activity). What is the result? Instead of skill-based advantage over others they have game's quirk studying-based advantage. They want to pwn the noobs that don't have any clue about these things.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881683:date=Oct 24 2011, 02:55 PM:name=MOOtant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MOOtant @ Oct 24 2011, 02:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881683"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->BH advocates know about BH already, use script to do it (or spent ######load of time mastering that boring activity). What is the result? Instead of skill-based advantage over others they have game's quirk studying-based advantage.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Very accurate assessment. I believe a game's skill sets should be as intuitive as possible, and focus as closely as possible to the game core dynamic(s). For example in some games, you can cut a reload animation short as if it fully completed, this timing is a skill, and people absolutely love it, but does that mean it really needs to be in NS2? Some say yes.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Time to think about letting this thread die.. OP is clearly still learning to think
    If you guys want to talk about car racing vs bhopping then wouldnt a new thread be better?
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1881686:date=Oct 24 2011, 08:21 PM:name=elodea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elodea @ Oct 24 2011, 08:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881686"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you guys want to talk about car racing vs bhopping then wouldnt a new thread be better?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think it would be best to just start deleting bhop posts. For example right now I'm having hard time not getting involved because there's constant false arguments (or at least some really, really, seriously really weird claims) going on and I'd hate to see people getting mislead.
    <!--quoteo(post=1881667:date=Oct 24 2011, 06:36 PM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Oct 24 2011, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881667"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Poor analogy, the correct one would be 'why not automate it if you can?'

Unless of course you have some other reason for not wanting it to be available to everyone with ease?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You didn't get it at all, which is a shame as I hoped but did not expect you to.
  • Apollonius999Apollonius999 Join Date: 2009-09-09 Member: 68725Members
    edited October 2011
    Thank you for pre-ordering Natural Selection 2! Your support has made a huge
    difference for our company and has allowed us to stay independent.

As we get close to the Natural Selection 2 alpha release, we are now
    distributing all of the updates to the tools and engine through Steam. So you
    will need to activate your copy of NS2 on Steam through the following steps:

Dated 5/7/10 soon to become beta within months opening up to everyone. Servers with memory leaks and client side unplayable.

<!--quoteo(post=1878200:date=Oct 5 2011, 10:13 PM:name=Wilson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wilson @ Oct 5 2011, 10:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1878200"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It runs okay-ish if you have a beast of a cpu. When I play on servers with less than 10 people it normally runs quite smooth, more than that and my fps starts dropping and things become choppy. There are also certain areas of the maps where I get really low fps regardless of the player numbers.

Playing on good quality servers is important as well. Best EU server is HBZ and best US is Inversion. Most of the other servers don't have the hardware capable of running NS2 atm and the tickrate drops in the mid game. If you play on servers with high ping you will also get lower FPS.

As well as these issues, there are also problems with the animations and hitreg sometimes seems funny. Skulks sometimes appear to be warping and going through the floor and all sorts of weird behaviour. It can definitely cause frustration.

With that said, when the game does run well it's a blast. If I were you I would wait until the next patch hits and then try and play on one of those servers I've suggested. Most people play the patch on day 1, join a really bad server, have a bad experience and then quit till the next patch.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

10/5/2011 servers better, client still unplayable even with tweaks and server only runs on a super machine without some sort of horrible hitch still beta phase

TO THE FUTURE!

12/12/12 Ns2 releases as the old ns1 counterpart v3.0. Pre-order money finally made worth something, hopefully a community still exists as the game will be most likely outdated and the equivalent of NS1 the past year or 2 with only a select niche crowd of followers who will never let NS die. The mayan calendar soon to end along with the world. Only a few weeks of NS2 enjoyment.

REACH FOR THE SKY BOYS! Just smile and wave :D
    edited October 2011
    As harsh as your post was I commend your honesty. Especially as the he or she you quoted did the old stretch the truth and not brutal honesty.

Being said you need corrected. NS2 v1.0 won't be NS1 on Spark. That's something the community will do though.

Besides we all know NS 3.x isn't perfect. I mean Veil is probably my second favourite map and that's just "F1, rush and win".
    edited October 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1881683:date=Oct 24 2011, 06:55 PM:name=MOOtant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MOOtant @ Oct 24 2011, 06:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881683"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If anyone were to design new "BH" right then he'd have to:
    1. make it expected
    2. make it gradual
    3. have it give feedback<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have a fairly clear and simple concept of how Bunny Hopping would work as a "feature" rather than a glitch/exploit. It is actually quite intuitive because it can represent swinging the arms while leaping to gain momentum. Discuss here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=115271&pid=1881708&st=0&#entry1881708" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...p;#entry1881708</a>
  • GertjanGertjan Join Date: 2011-08-30 Member: 119151Members
    I know nothing about game design etc but my thoughts are that NS2 is more Alpha instead of beta
    <!--quoteo(post=1881694:date=Oct 24 2011, 08:48 PM:name=konata)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (konata @ Oct 24 2011, 08:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881694"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You didn't get it at all, which is a shame as I hoped but did not expect you to.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Evidently, care to explain it?
This discussion has been closed.