Stomp

PowerfuryOAPowerfuryOA Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148314Members
I have heard that the developers (correct me if I am wrong) thought that devour was an annoying and not a "fun" ability.

Currently, Onos stomp is a game-breaking ability that I hope the developers are taking serious and quick action, preferably (almost mandatory for sake of game balance) in the next patch.

The range on the Onos stomp is far too long, disables marines *and* vital buildings such as infantry portals, and quite frankly, lasts far too long. There is also an issue where if a marine gets stomped on a ramp/slope he will glide down to the bottom.

Stomp needs serious rework on all fronts. At the very least, stomp range needs to be drastically shorter.

Stomp is *not* a fun and it's an extremely annoying ability. Yes, it's annoying even when I play Onos.

Thanks ya'll.

Comments

• RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think they know about it, a lot of people have complained before.
    I'm sure they have plans for it, just have to wait the next patch :P
  • Master BlasterMaster Blaster Join Date: 2012-03-17 Member: 148908Banned
    <!--quoteo(post=1938799:date=May 24 2012, 09:41 PM:name=PowerfuryOA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PowerfuryOA @ May 24 2012, 09:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938799"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have heard that the developers (correct me if I am wrong) thought that devour was an annoying and not a "fun" ability.

Currently, Onos stomp is a game-breaking ability that I hope the developers are taking serious and quick action, preferably (almost mandatory for sake of game balance) in the next patch.

The range on the Onos stomp is far too long, disables marines *and* vital buildings such as infantry portals, and quite frankly, lasts far too long. There is also an issue where if a marine gets stomped on a ramp/slope he will glide down to the bottom.

Stomp needs serious rework on all fronts. At the very least, stomp range needs to be drastically shorter.

Stomp is *not* a fun and it's an extremely annoying ability. Yes, it's annoying even when I play Onos.

Thanks ya'll.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Also 5 onos at the same time is not just game breaking its laughable.
  • JayarisJayaris Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149321Members
    I think they are making it easier to dodge, but really the energy cost needs doubling. Onos just standing there spamming stomp is annoying..
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited May 2012
    The problem with making it easier to dodge is that it'll be effectively useless against anyone who knows how to dodge it. There's a risk of having a really powerful and annoying skill being spammed without any reward. I don't know what the final implementation is going to look like but I would like to see a stomp that is not as powerful but hard to dodge rather than a skill that is powerful that's easy to dodge. I'm not sure how I would do that, however, because the restrictive movement for marines means that, at the moment, they can do very little besides hop up and down.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Make stomp affect buildings only or let it throw back and disorient marines without stunning them.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I wouldn't mind stomp, if I could just jump over it again.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1938846:date=May 25 2012, 07:59 AM:name=Bicsum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bicsum @ May 25 2012, 07:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938846"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't mind stomp, if I could just jump over it again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You can't jump over 2 onos stomping, anyway.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Join Date: 2011-08-28 Member: 118911Members
    Devs are fully aware of the the stomp currently. Really no need to continue pointing it out, it will be changed / fixed.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    ^ was about to post that :P
  • PowerfuryOAPowerfuryOA Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148314Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1938933:date=May 25 2012, 03:41 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ May 25 2012, 03:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938933"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->^ was about to post that :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Glad to hear it. I'm looking forward to the fixes.
  • internetexplorerinternetexplorer Join Date: 2011-10-13 Member: 127255Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1938930:date=May 25 2012, 04:35 PM:name=Wonderboy2402)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wonderboy2402 @ May 25 2012, 04:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938930"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Devs are fully aware of the the stomp currently. Really no need to continue pointing it out, it will be changed / fixed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

someone needs to make a list of all the things they're aware of so nobody ever has to post again

come on dude I know you have what it takes
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Stomp has been a game breaking problem for 8 or 9 patches now. It has never been fun or balanced in NS2 gameplay. It was only accepted at 3 hive onos because 3 hive onos was assumed to be a game ender, so stomp was accepted as incredibly powerful. Since the onos was untethered from hives (and allowed to come in most games at 8-10 minutes), it has been a game breaking lifeform.

What is different with the developers' awareness now?
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1939081:date=May 26 2012, 01:40 PM:name=GORGEous)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GORGEous @ May 26 2012, 01:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1939081"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Stomp has been a game breaking problem for 8 or 9 patches now. It has never been fun or balanced in NS2 gameplay. It was only accepted at 3 hive onos because 3 hive onos was assumed to be a game ender, so stomp was accepted as incredibly powerful. Since the onos was untethered from hives (and allowed to come in most games at 8-10 minutes), it has been a game breaking lifeform.

What is different with the developers' awareness now?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Considering how full the dev's plates are, it really depends on the priority of each issue.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    That seems like the boilerplate response that most players will just roll their eyes at to be perfectly honest.

It would seem that they have tended to trivial issues like clogs, pg/ip knockback, powernode repair delays, etc... which could of been much more conducive to enjoyable gameplay if it was spent adjusting the onos stomp to be reasonable. That is the impression many players have I think. Priorities are just not quite inline with making an enjoyable game.
  • hamham Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Members, Constellation
    <center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EvWkUuALGg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EvWkUuALGg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>