Commander UI sounds

MervikMervik Join Date: 2007-03-15 Member: 60364Members
edited October 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Bored of ui sounds being cheep or not at all.</div>Why did you bother with sounds for building being attacked, when half of the time it does't actualy play it.

There have been rounds when i found yust by guys asking "where are the upgrades?", that structures for alien upgrades were destroyed.
And other rounds where power node or observation in marine default base is being attacked, but again no sound playing.

And on other topic, few patches away, change to the map when you make it smaller so its harder to see what is attacked and where.

Comments

• SoulsafeSoulsafe Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157901Members
    I figured they increased the delay from when the game auto warns you about stuff, to encourage more area awareness. But you are right, most of the time when I am warned, I scroll over just in time to see the structure destroyed from one or two skulks.
  • PerestroikaPerestroika Join Date: 2011-07-24 Member: 111955Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I too have heard complaints from commanders that they lost structures without even knowing about it lately because of the sounds

definitely an issue
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I think the first step in improving commander audio on marines side would be to eliminate the automatic "soldier needs ammo/medpack" spam.

It might also be good to implement "structure degrading/decomposing" instead of "structure under attack" when they're not connected on alien side. Technically, the structures which aren't connected aren't necessarily "under attack" and may not even have marines near them, i.e. it's just noise.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited October 2012
    The comm UI has sounds? Damn I didnt even notice.

In seriousness, the powernode in your base going down needs at least as noticeable a prompt as the comm chair going down. Preferably more noticeable.
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    edited October 2012
    Would be nice if they could add UI popups that come up semi large on your screen for about 1 second then fade or slide away into the side of the screen where the other requests are shown.

Sounds confusing and maybe they don't want to handhold commanders this much, but if there isn't some sort of audio or visual cue then its kinda silly...

I've had rounds where I lost the powernode in base and had no idea... pretty embarassing to have that happen... there were no sounds played.