The Spawnsystem need to be Fixed

bakkotobakkoto Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175575Members
edited January 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Infantry portal vs Eggs</div>it´s realy frustrating how people (including me like 50% of the time) are loosing every single time cause of what we call "<b>Final Power Node Rush</b>" it´s simple : the alien-team have only to sacrifice one single Onos to destroy the power node (getting all fire focus and <b>Notice please thats you can´t Beacon an Exo to kill this Onos</b> ..also we all know that <b>Onos</b> >> <b>Exo</b> ) while the rest of the team are destroying all Infantry portals and wining the game.it doesn't matter if marines dominate and play well ,pushing ,putting pressure on aliens etc.. sometimes one skulk can ruin the whole Game by taking the power Node down.do you guys realy think that it´s possible for a marine to go all the way to the alien base and take all Eggs Down?! well even if it happens after 9 sec will pop a new skulk out.

<u>Old suggestion :</u>

So my suggestion is adding an new <b>Upgrade</b> to the game. its require <b>2 Command Station</b> and allow Infantry portal to spawn Marines <b>even when the Power Node is Down</b>.And like i always said If you love this game you should enjoy <b>both sides</b> = <b>Great Balance</b>

<u>New Edit :</u>

<b>Power packs</b> to power <b>only</b> Infantry Portals / Observatory (for a last Distress Beacon).

And like <b>Build 205</b> "to power only a single structure nearby" + only Infantry Portals / Observatory.

<b>Another alternative :</b>

New <b>Support Ability</b> "power boost" activated at the Command Station by the Marine Commander at the<b> cost of Res</b>.

==> provides <b>power</b> to the <b>selected structure</b> (Infantry Portals / Observatory) <b>for</b> 20 or 10 sec for 5 res.

So what are your suggestions guys?

thx for reading ^^ . Critics with valid arguments are welcome and sorry for my poor English.

Have a nice day guys.

Comments

• RobustPenguinRobustPenguin Join Date: 2012-08-17 Member: 155719Members
    At the same time the marines can acchieve the same spawn locking system with a 35 res grenade launcher. You can kill all the eggs in a hive in much less than 4 nades. Aliens already have enough trouble finishing a game, making it even harder for them is not the way to make things fun
  • bakkotobakkoto Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175575Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2049210:date=Dec 21 2012, 05:15 AM:name=RobustPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobustPenguin @ Dec 21 2012, 05:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049210"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At the same time the marines can acchieve the same spawn locking system with a 35 res grenade launcher. You can kill all the eggs in a hive in much less than 4 nades. Aliens already have enough trouble finishing a game, making it even harder for them is not the way to make things fun<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are we talking about the same Game?!Aliens having Troubles finishing the game?!Are you serious?!First of All i'm talking about the late-Game Phase.And if you can Really achieve this alone with your Grenade-launcher then you must be a super Hero and i wanna see this :)
    <!--quoteo(post=2049210:date=Dec 21 2012, 05:15 AM:name=RobustPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobustPenguin @ Dec 21 2012, 05:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049210"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At the same time the marines can acchieve the same spawn locking system with a 35 res grenade launcher. You can kill all the eggs in a hive in much less than 4 nades. Aliens already have enough trouble finishing a game, making it even harder for them is not the way to make things fun<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are we talking about the same Game?!Aliens having Troubles finishing the game?!Are you serious?!First of All i'm talking about the late-Game Phase.And if you can Really achieve this alone with your Grenade-launcher then you must be a super Hero and i wanna see this :)
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    They should simply bring power packs up, which can keep an individual structure powered even after the power went down. Make them expensive (~15 res) and limit it globally based on the number of command stations and to two per room, if you like.

From the title I would have assumed this topic to be more of a "aliens can more easily get egg-locked on high populated servers than marines"-thing.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049297:date=Dec 21 2012, 10:00 AM:name=CrushaK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CrushaK @ Dec 21 2012, 10:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049297"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They should simply bring power packs up, which can keep an individual structure powered even after the power went down. Make them expensive (~15 res) and limit it globally based on the number of command stations and to two per room, if you like.

From the title I would have assumed this topic to be more of a "aliens can more easily get egg-locked on high populated servers than marines"-thing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

agree with you dude.this is a nice suggestion by the way ^^ sounds like a great plan .
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2049241:date=Dec 21 2012, 07:48 AM:name=bakkoto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakkoto @ Dec 21 2012, 07:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049241"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are we talking about the same Game?!Aliens having Troubles finishing the game?!Are you serious?!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, he is. It's widely accepted that Aliens have a hard time against Marine turtles even when the game is clearly lost.

In fact, one Onos isn't a threat against power unless it's already damage and no ones in base.

Your counter Onos isn't the "Exo you can't beacon" it's your level 3 weapons, shotgun carrying jet packers.
  • SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
    The commander needs to pay attention. A skulk takes around 30 seconds to a minute to kill that power node.
    He can jump out and kill it. Or beacon. If he failed to protect, than aliens deserve to win.

I even have seen 2 oni fail to destroy the power. Just react in time. Early beacon. Too many just wait until the power already lost 50%.
    Same for Aliens. If you let marines kill yoru eggs and you do not react in time you will have a baaaad time =)
    <!--quoteo(post=2049359:date=Dec 21 2012, 11:41 AM:name=Omar - The Wire)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Omar - The Wire @ Dec 21 2012, 11:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049359"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, he is. It's widely accepted that Aliens have a hard time against Marine turtles even when the game is clearly lost.

In fact, one Onos isn't a threat against power unless it's already damage and no ones in base.

Your counter Onos isn't the "Exo you can't beacon" it's your level 3 weapons, shotgun carrying jet packers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

level 3 weapons, shotgun carrying jet packers?!

#1- what if i told you that Onos can kill you while you flying.
    #2- let´s do a simple calcule amigo :

<u><b>Onos:</b></u>
    <b>Health</b>: 1300
    <b>Armor</b>: 900
    <b>Damage</b> : Gore with (charge) 95x2 ==> 190+25% extra damage to players ==> <b>237 final damage</b>
    <b>Range</b> : 10

<u><b>Marine:</b></u>
    <b>Health</b>: 100
    <b>Armor</b>: 90
    <b>Damage with Shotgun</b>: 17+30% ==> <b>22 final damage</b> (Normal damage: Every armor point of the target will absorb 2 points of damage)
    <b>Range</b> : 30 (maximun) <b>10 for maximum damage </b>

thats mean Onos armor will <b>absorb</b> 1800 damage and if you wanna hit a onos you need 10 Range to get your damage output.
    thats mean Marines need 60 shot (if armor is constant) to kill Mr Onos which is not the case so armor will decrease by 11 every shot ==> they need<b> 22 shots</b> to get a onos down.

Conclusion : no matter what the people say Onos still Op as shiit and please go and watch the last tournament "NS2 Australian Open" 80% or even more Aliens win rate.

<!--quoteo(post=2049388:date=Dec 21 2012, 12:46 PM:name=Sehzade)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sehzade @ Dec 21 2012, 12:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The commander needs to pay attention. A skulk takes around 30 seconds to a minute to kill that power node.
    He can jump out and kill it. Or beacon. If he failed to protect, than aliens deserve to win.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

<!--quoteo(post=2049388:date=Dec 21 2012, 12:46 PM:name=Sehzade)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sehzade @ Dec 21 2012, 12:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I even have seen 2 oni fail to destroy the power. Just react in time. Early beacon. Too many just wait until the power already lost 50%.
    Same for Aliens. If you let marines kill yoru eggs and you do not react in time you will have a baaaad time =)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

they are realy bad and if 3 onos are in your base , there is not time to react.Game over
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Onos range of 10? I think it's something like 2 or 2.2.... Don't remember exactly. It's not 10.

And shotty vs onos?

Onos has 1300+900x2 effective hp, or 3100. Shotty does 170 @w0, ~221 @ w3 per shot. That's 19 shots @w0 and 15 shots @w3.

The shotgun damage no longer scales with range. The only thing range does is make the spread matter more.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it was better when commanders could spend t-res to drop battery packs to keep key structures (armory, arms lab, ip, pg's, obs) alive.
  • CsaeCsae Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172145Members
    Another thing for Comms to spend tres on... I'm always starving as marine comm :(

I do like the idea of being able to drop a battery and linking it to a single building, it makes the retarded insta win drifter gorge bile rushes not as ridiculous.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049456:date=Dec 21 2012, 01:32 PM:name=GORGEous)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GORGEous @ Dec 21 2012, 01:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Onos range of 10? I think it's something like 2 or 2.2.... Don't remember exactly. It's not 10.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Charge Range is more than 10 amigo.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049479:date=Dec 21 2012, 02:04 PM:name=Csae)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Csae @ Dec 21 2012, 02:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049479"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Another thing for Comms to spend tres on... I'm always starving as marine comm :(

I do like the idea of being able to drop a battery and linking it to a single building, it makes the retarded insta win drifter gorge bile rushes not as ridiculous.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

me too.
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2049555:date=Dec 21 2012, 07:02 PM:name=bakkoto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakkoto @ Dec 21 2012, 07:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049555"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Charge Range is more than 10 amigo.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What does that have to do with the onos attack? Charge is movement. You listed shotgun's range as 30, which is the attack range. The onos attack is gore, which has a ~2 range. By saying the onos has a range of 10, you imply that it has 1/3 the reach of a shotgun. That's a clear lie.

Is fade range, like, 50 because of blink/shadowstep? That would make skulk range approximately 32 given leap and wall jump. A lerk would probably have a range of infinity because he can flap forever.
  • CsaeCsae Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172145Members
    edited December 2012
    Keep in mind onos charge eats alot of energy and he needs the full 10range to get that 2x damage multiplier only once, which can be dodged. I think your complaint is based on misinterpretation of game mechanics. Without adren, or with a EMP/Flamethrower about, he will not be able to charge back out of the base, or keep up constant attacks. You CAN eat right through an onos energy reserves after he charges for too long and have him as your pet.

I do understand the point though, aliens rush power to end games, however the problem isn't with the onos but with the gorges and drifter combo, the comm receives far less warning and has a small window of reaction time to do anything about it, and even if you do get the beacon off, they might not kill the gorges in time and two skulks with xeno can take every single marine whos trying to rebuild power out instantly.

There is no such "OH SHI" moment for aliens other than ARCs, which any half decent Kahm would see coming and hope that his players listen and do something about it. A Kham does not have the same responsibilities as a marine Comm. Once there was a gorge biling our power (single, no drifter) with my entire team assaulting one of their bases, so i got out and a fade bumrushed me the moment i did by blinking into the base. Gorge proceeded to take out almost everything we owned and while they did finish off a hive, losing one hive for aliens is not as big a deal as losing main base, arms lab, proto, etc. Had a backup IP, but the res difference for rebuilding everything elsewhere is just too much. (15+15+15+20+15+40) no hive has that amount of res collected in one place, so even though a JP+GL might be able to do as much damage to upgrades as a gorge bile, its far more costly and can easily be countered via a whip. I have tried rushing upgrade clusters with a FL and it was nowhere near as fast or effective :(

I now keep a player at the 2nd TP to defend it and go comm beacon in emergencies, having him PG through to first TP means that i can get out and there will be two of us if needed, if a fade comes, he PGs back, and i run back into the chair, one or the other makes it and can beacon.

Possible things to do is have MACs around, or sentries, both open a larger window to react to a gorge, blocking doorways with robo facilities also seems an option...

My biggest pet peeve is that the chair does not always load me up, and it does not do it quickly. I sometimes have to jump up and down pressing E to get it to activate and it always closes so slowly.... A lil slot i could shoot out of would make soo much sense! Maybe its an upgrade to the CC, a little player controlled turret or something.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049564:date=Dec 21 2012, 04:20 PM:name=GORGEous)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GORGEous @ Dec 21 2012, 04:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049564"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What does that have to do with the onos attack? Charge is movement. You listed shotgun's range as 30, which is the attack range. The onos attack is gore, which has a ~2 range. By saying the onos has a range of 10, you imply that it has 1/3 the reach of a shotgun. That's a clear lie.

Is fade range, like, 50 because of blink/shadowstep? That would make skulk range approximately 32 given leap and wall jump. A lerk would probably have a range of infinity because he can flap forever.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are we fighting now or something like this ?!are you accusing me for lying?! well to judge something , first you need to be neutral and as i noted your name is "GORGEous" what leads me to believe that your are a alien fan boy and whenever someone post something in this Forum that´s not giving Advantage to Aliens or fit with it you start immediatly complaining and of course throwing counter arguments.

Like i said we need solutions and maybe new suggestions to make the game enjoyable for everyone.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049567:date=Dec 21 2012, 04:23 PM:name=Csae)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Csae @ Dec 21 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049567"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do understand the point though, aliens rush power to end games, however the problem isn't with the onos but with the gorges and drifter combo, the comm receives far less warning and has a small window of reaction time to do anything about it, and even if you do get the beacon off, they might not kill the gorges in time and two skulks with xeno can take every single marine whos trying to rebuild power out instantly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree +1

<!--quoteo(post=2049567:date=Dec 21 2012, 04:23 PM:name=Csae)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Csae @ Dec 21 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049567"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is no such "OH SHI" moment for aliens other than ARCs, which any half decent Kahm would see coming and hope that his players listen and do something about it. A Kham does not have the same responsibilities as a marine Comm. Once there was a gorge biling our power (single, no drifter) with my entire team assaulting one of their bases, so i got out and a fade bumrushed me the moment i did by blinking into the base. Gorge proceeded to take out almost everything we owned and while they did finish off a hive, losing one hive for aliens is not as big a deal as losing main base, arms lab, proto, etc. Had a backup IP, but the res difference for rebuilding everything elsewhere is just too much. (15+15+15+20+15+40) no hive has that amount of res collected in one place, so even though a JP+GL might be able to do as much damage to upgrades as a gorge bile, its far more costly and can easily be countered via a whip. I have tried rushing upgrade clusters with a FL and it was nowhere near as fast or effective :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i know this feeling bro haha :D

<!--quoteo(post=2049567:date=Dec 21 2012, 04:23 PM:name=Csae)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Csae @ Dec 21 2012, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049567"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I sometimes have to jump up and down pressing E to get it to activate and it always closes so slowly.... A lil slot i could shoot out of would make soo much sense! Maybe its an upgrade to the CC, a little player controlled turret or something.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I love the Idea of " little player controlled turret" sound´s like starcraft 2 CC Tower .
  • KazterKazter Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19481Members, Constellation
    Gorgeous is also an excellent competitive player of NS2 that has excellent advice and a deep understanding of the game.

You will find with continued play that Aliens are actually weaker in comparison to the Infantry Portal spawning system. If the Marines can contain Aliens to a single hive or even two hives, you can utilize this "weakness" of theirs by killing nothing but eggs in a hive location with ammo support from the Commander. This strategy is called "Egglocking". If anything the IP spawning system is a little powerful in NS2 when compared to NS1, because you can spawn as many Marines as you have IPs. This is countered by a slow/gradual "phase-in" time for the IP before a Marine is actually spawned giving a smart-Alien player a chance to hop back on the wall or get away to setup another ambush.

For comparison; When you spawned in NS1, it was instant. However, even in large games you generally never needed more than 2 IPs. The rate at which Marines spawned, was relative to the total amount of players on the team. Any more than 3 and it was generally a waste of resources as it did not increase the rate at which Marines would spawn in.

Lastly, you just purchased the game. All of the game mechanics are not going to click on the first day. This game has one of the steepest learning curves you will encounter in a modern game. The original Tribes is the only other game I can think of that is similar in this way. I am still learning new things about NS2 to this day. The reward you get from continued play is that you can always improve and will receive immense gratification when winning a hard game because of that last ditch effort.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049633:date=Dec 21 2012, 07:02 PM:name=Kazter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kazter @ Dec 21 2012, 07:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049633"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lastly, you just purchased the game. All of the game mechanics are not going to click on the first day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

firstly i play since Ns1.(NS2 beta too) and please just go and watch "wasabione" stream "Australian Open tournament" or you can watch the "Apocalypse Night Show Match" right now it´s like 100% aliens win ratio and it´s happning again , they loose 2 times cause of the Power node rush ..what do you think, these player are bad?! i don´t think so.
  • AzaralAzaral Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172408Members
    edited December 2012
    Power nodes are bad. They are too much of a linchpin and it probably leads to a lot of aliens wins that should not be.

Instead of being an on/off thing, maybe power nodes should instead provide a power amount. Marine buildings then consume power. If there is not enough power available then buildings cannot be built. It would also provide incentive to build all the power nodes and to destroy all the power nodes.

If power drops below the needed level, then buildings will begin to power off. The commander can assign a priority to buildings and buildings with the lowest priority will power down first. The commander can also power buildings on or off as he/she sees fit. Sentry batteries could also be made into just a generator and provide additional power.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049621:date=Dec 21 2012, 09:36 PM:name=bakkoto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakkoto @ Dec 21 2012, 09:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049621"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are we fighting now or something like this ?!are you accusing me for lying?! well to judge something , first you need to be neutral and as i noted your name is "GORGEous" what leads me to believe that your are a alien fan boy and whenever someone post something in this Forum that´s not giving Advantage to Aliens or fit with it you start immediatly complaining and of course throwing counter arguments.

Like i said we need solutions and maybe new suggestions to make the game enjoyable for everyone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm just fixing your numbers. I play both sides rather evenly.
  • AzaralAzaral Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172408Members
    And for spawning, aliens are the ones worse off, especially in larger games. Especially so in large games with close starts. I've seen a lot of games with marines egglocking the aliens early on and winning within the first couple minutes.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049645:date=Dec 21 2012, 07:27 PM:name=GORGEous)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GORGEous @ Dec 21 2012, 07:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049645"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm just fixing your numbers. I play both sides rather evenly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

well thank you
    <!--quoteo(post=2049644:date=Dec 21 2012, 07:23 PM:name=Azaral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azaral @ Dec 21 2012, 07:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049644"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it probably leads to a lot of aliens wins that should not be.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

<!--quoteo(post=2049644:date=Dec 21 2012, 07:23 PM:name=Azaral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azaral @ Dec 21 2012, 07:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049644"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Instead of being an on/off thing, maybe power nodes should instead provide a power amount. Marine buildings then consume power. If there is not enough power available then buildings cannot be built.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Too much advantages and maybe OP. If you give one team a Sword you have to give the other a sword too or maybe a similar Weapon in order to have a fair fight.

<!--quoteo(post=2049644:date=Dec 21 2012, 07:23 PM:name=Azaral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azaral @ Dec 21 2012, 07:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049644"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sentry batteries could also be made into just a generator and provide additional power.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
    I wasn't saying a solo marine. That's asinine. For the cost of an exo you can put 5 JPs in the field. LMG or Shotguns, by the time you have a Proto you should be on your way to W3.

Your team, with multiple JPers and W3 will make mince-meat of an Onos.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049679:date=Dec 21 2012, 11:04 PM:name=Omar - The Wire)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Omar - The Wire @ Dec 21 2012, 11:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049679"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your team, with multiple JPers and W3 will make mince-meat of an Onos.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

well one Onos was never the Problem and even with 3 Marines (JPers and W3 + shotguns) you need lik 20 shots to kill him and it´s take too long (6 shot for every one) .Please don´t forget taht Onos bring always hi Family and Friends to the party with :D and of course the big Nightmare ==> Multiple Onos with 2 gorges.You will never see the Sunlight again ^^

<b>3</b> Jpers with shotguns require an investment of 3 *(10 +20) ==> <b>90 pers Res</b> and it´s hard , sometimes impossible to kill a solo Onos (<b>75 pers Res</b>) if the rooms are to tight. All rooms are tight in NS2 :(

<b>3</b> skulks ( <b>0 pers Res</b> "gratos" ) will rape a solo Dual Minigun Exosuit ( <b>75 pers Res</b>) .We all did this and we were proud of it .

Lastly my experience finds that Onos will always join first the battlefield compared to Exo. <b>Why</b>? quite simple. skulks depend of <b>Upgrades (wich cost 0 Pers Res)</b> so he can safe Res to get a (Onos or Fade .etc). Marine need to spent <b>Pers Res</b> to get Weapons , gadgets etc .So it´s really hard to safe <b>pers Res</b> if you are constantly Dying .
    <!--quoteo(post=2049808:date=Dec 22 2012, 07:26 AM:name=bakkoto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakkoto @ Dec 22 2012, 07:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049808"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>3</b> Jpers with shotguns require an investment of 3 *(10 +20) ==> <b>90 pers Res</b> and it´s hard , sometimes impossible to kill a solo Onos (<b>75 pers Res</b>) if the rooms are to tight. All rooms are tight in NS2 :(

<b>3</b> skulks ( <b>0 pers Res</b> "gratos" ) will rape a solo Dual Minigun Exosuit ( <b>75 pers Res</b>) .We all did this and we were proud of it .

Lastly my experience finds that Onos will always join first the battlefield compared to Exo.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

.... What exactly are you debating here? All I said was that as it currently stands, your counter to an Onos isn't an Exo, it's jetpacks and weapons upgrades.
  • KazelKazel Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175939Members
    edited December 2012
    There seems to be a lot of complaining about power nodes being an <a href="http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Artosis_Pylon" target="_blank">Artosis Pylon</a>, and up to a point I agree. As noted above aliens have enough trouble with marine turtles as is and I don't think eliminating the one weak spot in the marine's armor is going to make things better. Marines have enough counters to pretty much anything the aliens can throw at the main base power. Even with multiple Onos simple focus fire with lvl3 weapons will down them before the power goes out or simply force them to run.

I haven't seen the matches you are talking about, but the ones I have seen the marines dominate. Aliens seem to win pub games, but a good marine commander and a decent set of marines that listen to orders almost always guarantees a win.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049869:date=Dec 22 2012, 11:53 AM:name=Omar - The Wire)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Omar - The Wire @ Dec 22 2012, 11:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049869"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your counter to an Onos isn't an Exo, it's jetpacks and weapons upgrades.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Please read again what I wrote.
    <!--quoteo(post=2049913:date=Dec 22 2012, 01:58 PM:name=Kazel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kazel @ Dec 22 2012, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049913"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I haven't seen the matches you are talking about, but the ones I have seen the marines dominate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Go and rewatch again please.

<!--quoteo(post=2049913:date=Dec 22 2012, 01:58 PM:name=Kazel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kazel @ Dec 22 2012, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2049913"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But good marine commander and a decent set of marines that listen to orders almost always guarantees a win.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've already heard enough of that.Dude you think Marines are the only ones who can get a good commander and a decent set of marines??! how about Alien-team ? are they sleeping?!! For the love of god, i´m talking about late game phase / both Teams are good / Onos everywhere and how it´s bad and frustrated to lose because of operation "<b>destroy the power node for the win</b>".

Please read the <b>whole topic</b> again to understand.