Natural Selection 2 Build 244: 'Electric'

Comments

• DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    What I really want to see is a chain which links groups or marines together to stop them being split up. Enforced teamwork, yo.
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    I'm wondering if UWE will incorporate Google Nose into Build 244. I wanna smell an Onos!
  • RionRion Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7752Members
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    so the question is will you devs release the stun weapon for "real" so the mvm mod can use it :P
  • Smug_LobsterSmug_Lobster Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67903Members
    so you spend the time to make a design for a stun gun that won't be used but you can't make some boobplate armor and finally add female marines to the game?
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    The gardening system would bring more variety to competitive matches, the rest is just meh ;-)
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    so you spend the time to make a design for a stun gun that won't be used but you can't make some boobplate armor and finally add female marines to the game?

I demand that boobplate armor should be available to men as well, for fairness. And more ammo storage.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    problem with boobplate armor in many games is that it is a armor weakness which does more harm then good.
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    "Changed our own interpretation of “frames” which resulted in a 1000% increase in frames per second."

Ughhhh
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    problem with boobplate armor in many games is that it is a armor weakness which does more harm then good.

Many armor manufacturers neglect overall integrity in favor of a strong mammary support infastructure in order to cut costs. It's only a matter of time before industry standards on safety protocols catch up to them.
  • militaerkidmilitaerkid Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58249Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    no update....no boobs....many gorgies dying today, thanks UWE :c
  • sjusju Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184042Members
  • AstroEngiSciAstroEngiSci Join Date: 2013-03-23 Member: 184268Members
    ...I call April Fools.
  • statikgstatikg Join Date: 2012-09-19 Member: 159978Members
    funny stuff! next year make it more troll, its less fun if its super obvious
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    And the 6 minute lemon tree continues to be an issue...
  • ExoskelettExoskelett Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175509Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    Alright UWE what is that new weapon going to be? dont think that is a joke cuz looks like a lot A LOT of work geting this picture :) new pistol? alternative pistol - shortened shotgun?
  • V_e_N_o_MV_e_N_o_M Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44076Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I love secrets that are also mysteries!!! And we got TWO!!! Suck that christmas!!!
  • irEricirEric Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172615Members
    this would of been hilarious as an actual temporary build
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    irEric wrote: »
    this would of been hilarious as an actual temporary build
    Why not?
    UWE should totally make this a 1 day legit patch.
    Tonight, for april fools, between noon and 10pm pst.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Bee rush OP.
    I'd so push that button.. Marine armor wouldn't stand a chance
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    man for a second i realy thought the taser was back. never saw it, but heard it was in an early beta build and didnt go so well.
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    2% more yellow. soo much win
  • GreenFlameGreenFlame Join Date: 2011-03-17 Member: 86860Members
    It made me smile at first, but I've seen the concept art long ago and have been hoping it makes it into the game. After seeing the screenshot I want the stun gun in the Game even more, can't think of the joke now, please bring the thing into the game, it would be Amazing!

Especially when the model(and who knows, maybe coding) is done! Crispy Skulks spiced with the Spark's new visual effects! And some really uncommon and fresh compared to other guns(which I like too) mechanics!
    Now it can't be left as a joke, it may be too much to ask, but please make the dreams come true(at least as a mod(e))! =D
  • -XiziX--XiziX- Join Date: 2009-08-30 Member: 68653Members
    edited April 2013
    This: "When a Marine using a Jetpack touches the ground, many explosion"

Yes. It's not how you think it be, but it do.

But when I read "Bees now properly defend the Hive" I screamed internally. I can't handle bees, I just can't.

..... Seriously though? Those stun guns are something I really want right now. Why does this have to be an April Fools concept? ;n;
  • A_PajanderA_Pajander Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11695Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think the real joke is Skulk movement.

You know if you wanted a real April Fool's joke you should have just made a post about releasing the Female marines models. We all know how funny you guys think it is to leave the FEEEMALES out.

Wait, why aren't you banned?

What's the point of that jail thing if the dude can just keep shitting up every thread?
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    edited April 2013
    There's a picture of a stun gun in a map already.

One free onos egg awarded to the first person to post a screenshot.
  • GorginatorGorginator Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72241Members
    edited April 2013
    -XiziX- wrote: »
    ..... Seriously though? Those stun guns are something I really want right now. Why does this have to be an April Fools concept? ;n;

Actually the stun gun is the tazer (link from wiki) from NS2 during the early days.

I actually liked it because it had "three" modes of fire (not one, not two, but 'three") but everyone complained and now we have no tazer. (Seriously, the Tazer concept and gameplay abilities seemed really fun.)

I wouldn't mind if they reintroduced all the fun stuff (tazer, secondary mode for pistol with laser sight, Gorges being able to contribute to tech research via chambers like in NS1, etc).

• Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    I would like to see the taser as a weapon of its own with its own perks too. That Low area damage sparking around would be great against babblers. Perfect also for powering sneaky structures in unpowered zones or saving the situation when power goes down.
  • LústLúst Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178186Members
    Increased all damage by 33%
    Increased all health by 33%

Lost it.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    'Greater than 255 abov sea level...'

I wonder if any budding young flight sim game creators have encountered this bug?