[BUG] Glitch on Refinery

Kro55f1r3Kro55f1r3 Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184674Members
edited April 2013 in Technical Support
At chasm you can find a small area where (with a skulk) you can pass through and go on the top/outside of the map

*image snip* I've quoted your post with image in the internal map thread -Kouji San

Hope you can repair this bug / glitch ^^

Comments

• MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    i done that by accident then fell off the map all together
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    edited April 2013
    Might want to edit that out so others aren't using it as an exploit.

Edit: Thanks Kouji_San!

Edit again: Edit: Nice, a playtester (regnareb) who thinks my post is spam...
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    When you are on it, you could redesign chasm. Get rid of the many pipes so one can actually see that there is a chasm in chasm. And maybe add a vent to turbine, so you have aliens walking on the other side of the chasm.
  • PlethoracidPlethoracid Join Date: 2013-04-12 Member: 184774Members
    edited April 2013
    MiniH0wie wrote: »

I actually just created my account so I could come report this exact spot, but I'm curious as to how this could be exploited? I can't really see how one could use it to one's advantage without a similar spot somewhere else on the map to exit from. Or is it just being a hiding/ambush spot that's not supposed to be there enough to call it exploitable?
    Edit: the moment I hit post I realised you could also pretty easily scout the whole map in complete safety. Duh, lol.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    edited April 2013
    MiniH0wie wrote: »

I actually just created my account so I could come report this exact spot, but I'm curious as to how this could be exploited? I can't really see how one could use it to one's advantage without a similar spot somewhere else on the map to exit from. Or is it just being a hiding/ambush spot that's not supposed to be there enough to call it exploitable?
    Edit: the moment I hit post I realised you could also pretty easily scout the whole map in complete safety. Duh, lol.

You can also attack people or buildings as a lerk, cause a lot of the times the spikes will pass right through the walls from the outside. Same probably goes for Bilebomb as well.
    Also someone just posted that a skulk was able to bite the Command chair from the outside of the map.

Edit: Nice, a playtester (regnareb) who thinks my post is abuse...
  • Kro55f1r3Kro55f1r3 Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184674Members
    I already test this exploit on Turbine , and that's really efficience when you are a gorge and you have bile bomb , this pass through the wall.
    Hope you fix it because the Build 245 didn't it
  • ShazbroShazbro Join Date: 2013-03-16 Member: 184007Members
    Yeah, I had accidentally run into this issue skulking around there. Twice, in fact. I was a little disoriented by some of the new design, and had alienvision on... I just sat there after I 'suicided' and went 'what the hell there's no lava there...'
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's op to use as lerk :P
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    Unfortunately a lot of people seems to use this.
    Skulks are able to bite power nodes from outside the map.