NS2 is #15 of PCGamer's "The 25 greatest shooter of all time"

13»

Comments

• sjusju Join Date: 2013-03-17 Member: 184042Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a competitive gamers review website, where you review games unbiassedly from a competitive pc players stand point, being as critical as possible in all the games flaws and issues.

Unbiased means from no specific perspective, not from YOUR favorite perspective. People like you who think they are God's gift to gaming is why comp players get so much unreasonable flak.

Being critical is a great skill. However to be critical you need to use your own views, opinions, experiences and knowledge. Being this critical not only does not sell reviews, the masses do not want to read this. If anything, you would consider such a review a whinge-fest or 'just hating'.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    Lol. Indeed. As I much as I love the NS community, I wouldn't place NS1 or 2 in the top 25 shooters of ALL TIME. Maybe in recent history. Either way, NS1 should be mentioned before NS2 by a long shot. It was tons more successful, fluid, and the gameplay was much more innovative than what NS2 offers.
    What? NS1 is definitely top 5-10 all time. NS2 is skirting around the edges of 25 (lack of player base is the real killer imo)
  • kespeckespec Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172279Members
    no metro, me don't like
  • WhiteWeaselWhiteWeasel Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173197Members
    No Goldeneye or Perfect dark? THEY LEFT OUT MY CHILDHOOD!
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    Gavaal wrote: »
    Agree, also, how can you rate Doom in there but not Doom 2?

Yeah, especially when Doom 2 is the superior game. And no Blood unsurprisingly.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Robotix wrote: »
    I don't understand what that means. There's like 10 big esports games, in total. That's not much to review. Or do you mean competitive gamers, who participate in tournaments or whatnot, reviewing games that have no competitive aspect? That makes as much sense as replacing meatballs in a spaghetti with apples.

10 big esports games? More like 4...

fighting games count
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited June 2013
    NOLF made 25.?! Easily the best Sp shooter ever. And Wolfenstein was a terrible game! Those are FACTS everyone knows, how could the guys at PCGamer miss that?! And Jedi Knight (1 AND 2!) not on the list? Didn't happen!
    wolfenstein for being the first, doom for doing it better, quake for going 3d, halflife for introducing story, ut for mods, goldeneye for going console, tf for introducing classes, rtcw/w:et for introducing class progression, halo for mainstream success, lfd for making coop fun. off the top of my head these are some of the games that introduced big paradigm shifts. I'mlisting the first in series and includesome of the major mods. I'm not sure I'd include ns at all on a lost of top 25 fps of all time. just because it was incredibly obscure.
  • RobotixRobotix Join Date: 2013-02-20 Member: 183222Members
    amoral wrote: »
    I don't understand what that means. There's like 10 big esports games, in total. That's not much to review. Or do you mean competitive gamers, who participate in tournaments or whatnot, reviewing games that have no competitive aspect? That makes as much sense as replacing meatballs in a spaghetti with apples.

fighting games count

That's why I said 4 and not 3.

fighting games count

cs, sc2,console fps, mvc3, sf4, mobas, tekken, tf2,whatever anime fighter is most popular currently. off the top of my head. hell q3 still has a scene I think.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Two things: First, it's good that NS2 gets publicity from something like this,

Second: Even though people's opinions differ, that list is ridiculously bad. Borderlands 2 shouldn't be there at all, Battlefield 3 should not be there at all, where is half life 1 Why is planetside 2 so high up(or there at all). Why is Left 4 Dead 2 there at all, there are so many games on that list that simply shouldn't be there. This is the top 25 shooters(shooters) of all time. Why is Red Orchestra... ok I'll stop with the why is x game even on the list at all.

Finally(yeah I know), while most of the games I say "why is it even on there" are good and enjoyable games. I have this strange dislike of Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 would have to be the most boring game I've ever almost put 60 hours into. It's an item comparison game, with a mediocre shooter thrown in there.

My number one SHOOTER (deus ex is good, but as a shooter it isn't the best) would be Half Life 1. Playing the Black Mesa source remake, reminded me what shooters are supposed to be.
  • RobotixRobotix Join Date: 2013-02-20 Member: 183222Members

fighting games count

fighting games count

cs, sc2,console fps, mvc3, sf4, mobas, tekken, tf2,whatever anime fighter is most popular currently. off the top of my head. hell q3 still has a scene I think.

This is about big esports scenes. Although, the term "big" is quite subjective.

fighting games count

fighting games count

This is about big esports scenes. Although, the term "big" is quite subjective.

most of those have tournaments with pots bigger than 10g, which I consider sizable.
  • Metal ManMetal Man Join Date: 2011-11-13 Member: 132717Members
    this list gave me diarrhea