Invisible UWE Official Servers (Australia)

RationalgazeRationalgaze Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165694Members
Hey all.

So i have this issue where i can see a few Aussie servers (Monash etc) but for some reason absolutely none of the UWE Official Servers seem to show up in the server browser.
I've tried everything: port forwarding, firewall settings, verifying game cache, re installing the game, changing steam settings in regards to max pings, making sure all server browser filters are totally empty...
I have never been kicked or banned, my vac status is in good standing.
Im totally out of ideas.
Has anybody else experienced this and/or fixed it?

Comments

• Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I haven't seen UWE servers in AUS for a while now. I actually play on the US servers more now (ping is not great 270-300), but they seem to be more organise for strategy. I even commed for an epic win in a game. If you do find out what happen to the UWE servers, please post it on the forums.
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    edited July 2013
    Official UWE servers no longer exist anywhere, they stopped them for some reason (enough community servers imo)
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Tharos wrote: »
    Official UWE servers no longer exist anywhere, they stopped them for some reason (enough community servers imo)

or maybe... ORGANIZED PLAY SYSTEM WILL USE THESE SERVERS!!!

I'm onto them.. just a few hours left b4 the announcement!
    :bz
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    There are more than enough AU public servers without them anyway.
  • RationalgazeRationalgaze Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165694Members
    Hmm I see,

Thanks for the info all.
    I've been away from ns2 for a while and I guess I missed the memo regarding turning off the official servers,

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Hmm I see,

Thanks for the info all.
    I've been away from ns2 for a while and I guess I missed the memo regarding turning off the official servers,

I don't think there was any announcement on it, afaik some of the official US servers are still up (haven't checked recently though)
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    My guess is the contract for the servers expired. My dream is that the servers are down to be used in future matchmaking... doubt it though
  • unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    I would be willing to put a server up in Sydney, but i wouldnt mind a few $ being donated toward it. I dont mean to sound callous, but I'm not made of money, just enjoy the game
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not at all unter_hosen, with the costs in Australia for dedicated hardware I don't blame you. It's even worse over in the West, hardly any competition here, and considering the hardware demands NS2 servers need, costly $$.