Bugs in build 250

MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited June 2013 in Technical Support
Didn't see a thread for collecting smaller bugs in build 250, so I thought I'd start one.

Here's what I've found so far:

- Alien commander: Echo ability shows ECHO_HARVESTER placeholder
- Alien commander: Drifter description still states that it cloaks when not moving
- Alien commander: Whip still shows the grenade knockback ability
- Fade: At one time, SS was researched, but wasn't visible in the evolve menu; other upgrades (including vortex, stomp, ...) were visible. After a while, it was there again.

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Maybe the structure died? I'm not 100% sure but I think if all your shades die the ability goes away until the commander places another shade

Or maybe it stays researched until you lose the biomass level for it (aka a hive) Never actually had the structure with the ability on it die to test it out
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    thanks @mrfangs ! update the list if you find more :)
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ezekel wrote: »
    Maybe the structure died? I'm not 100% sure but I think if all your shades die the ability goes away until the commander places another shade
    Possible, but then the bug would be that the ability wasn't greyed out on the biomass bar as well :) Unfortunately, I can't say for sure if SS was actually usable... but I think it was.
    Or maybe it stays researched until you lose the biomass level for it
    No, that wasn't the cause, we had plenty of biomass. In fact, I only noticed this because I was wondering why the commander had researched every other ability *except* Shadow Step (from the icons in the evolve menu).
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    Some issues with the front page changelog:
    - no mention of LMG spread
    - no mention of Drifters not being cloaked anymore
    - outdated: "Add bio mass: every structure grants bio mass"
    - "Regeneration works now in combat (5% of max health every 2 seconds)" -> add scaling info (though I suppose that's at max level ;) )
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Some issues I encountered in 250:

- bile bomb sound on spawning as a marine
    - fade gets stuck really easily on objects, especially on clogs
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some issues I encountered in 250:

- fade got stuck in arcs various of times (maybe happens with other lifeforms too, but for me only happened with fades so far)
    - alien structures now block drifters and lifeforms (whips can work as a wall, and you'll get problem to enter a room for example)
    - drifter, macs, arcs moves stupidly and gets stuck or delayed at some places (especially east wing seem like a buggy room)
    - also, drifters not responding. And this happens to often. I have a drifter selected but it wont move or use it's ability (enzyme etc)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    one i found whilst attempting to make a video:
    Drifter halucinations have a marine running sound (whilst muving). tested this on a listen server. not sure about the other ones
    Halucinated fades blink then disapear instantly after appearing. unable to find them again.
  • Hive Queen MelHive Queen Mel Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175317Members
    A bug I've noticed is when spectating a game on some maps, it disconnects you from the server you're on and complains about corrupt files. It doesn't do it on Veil or Summit at this point. Tram it does
    edited June 2013
    I got a screenshot of the missing Shadow Step icon: 85a89d679941a36c1d82dd89846bca.jpg

After evolving, I could use it normally, but it still wasn't visible in the evolve menu: 9068140843662d95c43becdfea4dcb.jpg
    Different bug, although similar: Regen/Cara icons were missing from the evolve menu:
    c4c2a2601101eaa7983169769d6c61.jpg

They were back after closing and opening the evolve menu again.

I verified my local game files, Steam reports no errors.
    I once received a "research finished" notice after a round had ended, and I quickly joined the same team (Aliens) again. The new round hadn't started yet.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    That evolve menu bug is very common. Just press B quickly after spawning. Happens every time.

There's another one where it's possible for the UI to show you evolving both upgrades.
    I mean: Click cara, cara goes to upgrade slot. Click regen, regen goes to upgrade slot ontop of cara. Cara doesn't go back to default spot.
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @IronHorse
    Another bug is that the weapon quick switch is broken for the Lerk. When I try to quick switch from e.g spores to spikes the spikes just show up for a really short time and spores are switching back. So this feature is totally broken for Lerk. :|
  • Leech0rLeech0r Join Date: 2013-05-19 Member: 185290Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Fade evolve description says can evolve blink as an upgrade - should say shadowstep now.

Evolving to onos on top of the res node in repair on ns2_tram made me stuck in the ground - not sure whether this was a one-off.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Husar wrote: »
    @IronHorse
    Another bug is that the weapon quick switch is broken for the Lerk. When I try to quick switch from e.g spores to spikes the spikes just show up for a really short time and spores are switching back. So this feature is totally broken for Lerk. :|
    Believe me I've noticed, (and reported it) weeks prior to 250.
    Sewlek is on it though
    Thanks everyone for the reports!
  • TrustMeImADentistTrustMeImADentist Join Date: 2013-04-27 Member: 185014Members
    Heres a 250 bug.

In the main NS website, the flash scrolling thing at the top, with the 5 lil' buttons, still has a gorgeous post. THIS IS BT ERA BABY. TAKE IT DAAAAOOUUUWWWWNNNN!
  • LORFCASTERLORFCASTER Join Date: 2010-06-13 Member: 72049Members
    edited July 2013
    When using gorge babbler attack-here pouch / pod ( Gorge weapon slot 4 ) and you hit a marine structure directly the babblers will freeze. I will update the post when i confirm how to unfreeze them.

They.
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Don't know if already reported but today playing a pcw had a bugged spur that was unkillable, similar to the classic invincible crag bug. Each time the spur were going to die it's HP got instantly recovered to like 40%. Happened like 4 times with the same spur.

This crag/shell/spur... bug has been around for many builds, time to get fixed? :)
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    MalGanis2 wrote: »
    Don't know if already reported but today playing a pcw had a bugged spur that was unkillable, similar to the classic invincible crag bug. Each time the spur were going to die it's HP got instantly recovered to like 40%. Happened like 4 times with the same spur.

This crag/shell/spur... bug has been around for many builds, time to get fixed? :)

as far as i know, they cant fix it because they cant reproduce the bug

• TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    LORFCASTER wrote: »
    When using gorge babbler attack-here pouch / pod ( Gorge weapon slot 4 ) and you hit a marine structure directly the babblers will freeze. I will update the post when i confirm how to unfreeze them.

They.
    That happened to me when I was in cafeteria, in the hallway to central access, I send a gorge babbler ball on the extractor (the ball hit the extractor over the fences) then the babbler freezed at the bottom of the fences.

An other bug that was in ns2 before I think : when you take a jetpack your armour is fully restored.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2013
    The fact that the marine spawn "animation" where they fill up with blue only gets about 3/5 complete before the marine pops out annoys me. It can be hard to know exactly when they'll spawn. Why was this over looked, it used to work til they filled all the way up D:

Also, commander dropped exos can't be killed, by ANYTHING.