Ammo drop pickups not registering

terrible spammerterrible spammer Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179927Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Since build 255 ammo packs started being buggy. Sometimes my clips remain empty even when I pick up an ammo pack (it's not a case of someone other picking it up, it also happens when I'm alone). One time the comm dropped multiple ammo packs and I "ate" them all to no effect. I can't reproduce this bug reliably, but it does tend to persist during the game, even across respawns.
I can still resupply at the armory. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Can't say I've seen this, modded server?
  • WiseguyWiseguy Join Date: 2005-07-24 Member: 56645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    If you run over them with your pistol out it doesn't give you LMG ammo - it's ammo for the gun you have in hand at the time (Im pretty certain?). Not sure if that's what you're getting at though.
  • terrible spammerterrible spammer Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179927Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Wiseguy wrote: »
    If you run over them with your pistol out it doesn't give you LMG ammo - it's ammo for the gun you have in hand at the time (Im pretty certain?). Not sure if that's what you're getting at though.

I'm pretty sure picking ammo when holding a pistol gives you LMG ammo.
    No mods were active that I know of. I should pay more attention next time.

EDIT: Just checked, you are right, I need to hold the LMG in hand to get ammo. I've been playing for a hundred hours and did not notice this? :< Was it always this way?

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Lmao, yes it was. You only get the ammo for the gun you're holding, which is why I always ask the comm not to drop it right on me, so I can get the ammo for the gun I want.