Female marine...

TiesTorNTiesTorN Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171952Members
Ok, I don't know if this has been discussed before or not. I haven't been playing the game for a while and realized there is a female model now that I can choose.

Anyway... What I wonder is... Are you guys sure this is a female model? I wouldn't think it was unless I heard the voice... It's almost exactly the same as male model except the voice and maybe that tiny little face inside that helmet.

Idea is nice, but what's the point if it's gonna be like this? Now don't get me wrong as I'm certainly not asking for a stupid sexy model like in movies or other games which is way too unrealistic. I'm just saying wouldn't it be nice if she looked more like a "she", instead of he?

Comments

• RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd prefer her without the helmet tbh, Vasquez style. TSF green and deluxe helmets look awful anyway.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Having played far too much of this game, I can easily tell the difference. From a distance at that
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it's quite progressive that UWE's female is the way she is. Slightly different frame and animations, but still a Marine. She's wearing the same equipment as everyone else, so why would she look different?
  • EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like it myself, can certainly tell a female marine from a male one when munching their butts. I remember when the female marine was discussed here maybe a month or so before the patch, where someone posted a picture of a woman in army clothes and normal clothes to show that women actually don't look so feminine while being soldiers.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Body of the model definitely looks more female than male. Really not sure what you're talking about.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    She needs boobs. And a bikini.

/irony (in case someone doesn't get it :D )
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    She needs boobs. And a bikini

/irony (in case someone doesn't get it :D )
    You could compliment that with Amd's tressFX with her hair.

Also joking.
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Body of the model definitely looks more female than male. Really not sure what you're talking about.

Also has the physigonomy of a female... you know women walk differently then men sometimes due to their hip shape...

Model looks very female to me

• DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like it myself, can certainly tell a female marine from a male one when munching their butts. I remember when the female marine was discussed here maybe a month or so before the patch, where someone posted a picture of a woman in army clothes and normal clothes to show that women actually don't look so feminine while being soldiers.

Yes, I'll quote my post in response again to this silly request:
    Daxx wrote: »
    sju wrote: »
    Okay because I asked for you to make the woman, look more like a woman and give her gender specific features. You're changing my posts? Explain without being rude please.

A woman, looking like a woman:

wJJ6I1Q.jpg

Same woman, combat armor:

wntnNYL.jpg

Having her tits out is not a requirement to look female.
  • TiesTorNTiesTorN Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171952Members
    edited September 2013
    This is a game, not the real world so... female model can definitely use some boobs :D and maybe some hair... dunno.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    TiesTorN wrote: »
    This is a game, not the real world so... female model can definitely use some boobs :D and maybe some hair... dunno.

Roight!
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Daxx wrote: »
    Yes, I'll quote my post in response again to this silly request:

Come onnnn, Daxx... show her REAL combat uniform:
    1121113-kimberly.jpg
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members

She has boobs, it's just the TSF doesn't design armor with visible cup sizes because it's completely impractical. She also has hair but probably doesn't want it hanging in her face when she shoots.
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not to mention creating an armor plate with a concave shape instead of convex would greatly increase the chances of it being punctured.
    You guys absolutely have no imagination... And no eye for a nice modeling...

I found this on another place where somebody else thought like me and tried to create his own model by altering the original... Maybe a bit extreme but you'll get the idea;

mTe508T.jpg

could be smth like this
    Draptor wrote: »
    Not to mention creating an armor plate with a concave shape instead of convex would greatly increase the chances of it being punctured.
    Again... This is a game. Nobody cares about how effective that armor would be in real life.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Now don't get me wrong as I'm certainly not asking for a stupid sexy model like in movies or other games which is way too unrealistic. I'm just saying wouldn't it be nice if she looked more like a "she", instead of he?

Oh how you lied to pull us in, and then you post that horrid wine glass image again

(the only thing I can agree with in that silly image is the hair in the front, that ponytail is silly)
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Again... This is a game. Nobody cares about how effective that armor would be in real life.

if you don't care about real life.... then what's it matter what she looks like? she's a space marine. period.
    edited September 2013
    zimzum wrote: »
    if you don't care about real life.... then what's it matter what she looks like?
    cuz it's too real. period.
    Nazo wrote: »
    Oh how you lied to pull us in, and then you post that horrid wine glass image again
    It's still acceptable... :D her whole body still has armor. by sexy I meant a model like in Kouji_san's video lol...
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Doesn't look like a female? HAVE YOU SEEN THAT ASS?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    It's still acceptable... :D her whole body still has armor. by sexy I meant a model like in Kouji_san's video lol...

Not really, when she dosent have any muscles and can be bitten in half by one skulk bite

• SiminiSimini Join Date: 2012-09-28 Member: 160916Members
    The marines are just clones created and sent to die, right? If so it makes no sense for female marines to be included since women are weaker than men and take longer to react.
  • EmooEmoo Ibasa Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11198Members
    Simini wrote: »
    The marines are just clones created and sent to die, right? If so it makes no sense for female marines to be included since women are weaker than men and take longer to react.

[Citation needed]
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Emoo wrote: »

[Citation needed]
    From wikipedia-
    Typically, males are physically stronger than females. The difference is due to females having less total muscle mass than males, and also having lower muscle mass in comparison to total body mass. While individual muscle fibers have similar strength, males have more fibers due to their greater total muscle mass. The greater muscle mass of males is in turn due to a greater capacity for muscular hypertrophy as a result of men's higher levels of testosterone. Males remain stronger than females, when adjusting for differences in total body mass. This is due to the higher male muscle-mass to body-mass ratio
    Source-
    http://jp.physoc.org/content/338/1/37.abstract

And

Clones fight harder when there are potential mates around. Human instinct and all that.

Also since women actually populated venus, the feminist activists gained alot more power and influence in interstellar military circles.
  • Al_BoboAl_Bobo Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183957Members
    Actually, marine women's nervous system is greatly enhanced so that they can use their muscles more effectively. Their muscle fibers get a much stronger nerve signals than men's so they are on par with men in terms of strength. The reason why men's nervous system wasn't enhanced to get even greater strength is because men are more sexually aroused by visual cues than women. If their nerves were as well functioning as women's, they would get a sensory overload when staring female marines butts. In fact, it's estimated that their libido would have increased over 163%, making tactical thinking impossible. Especially when wielding shotguns. Shotguns increase their user's testosterone level approximately 21,7%. Per shot.
    This is also the reason why all marine women have A -cups. Though, if the old generals had had their way, today's female marines would need much more armor material to cover their frontal weight. And reinforced spines.
    Unfortunately, women's hip sizes couldn't be reduced for two reasons. Reason one was the influence of the From Kitchen -political party. This all-female party viewed hip reduction as an meta-sexual assault against womens' liberties and lobbied strongly against it. They, being one of the most important financial backers of the military, won.
    Reason two is the space babies. Since intergalactic bro -code strictly forbids any kind of tampering of the most important part of the male anatomy (unless it's enhancement), the clone males weren't turned into eunuch soldiers with nothing to lose. Because of this, there is sometimes uncontrolled multiplying of clones. Also known as "turning gorge". When it was discovered that the cutting of vagus -nerve might lead into depression, cesarean section operations were prohibited from military personnel. After that, large hips were needed to avoid unnecessary casualties when fortifying ranks.
  • EmooEmoo Ibasa Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11198Members
    Emoo wrote: »

[Citation needed]
    From wikipedia-
    Typically, males are physically stronger than females. The difference is due to females having less total muscle mass than males, and also having lower muscle mass in comparison to total body mass. While individual muscle fibers have similar strength, males have more fibers due to their greater total muscle mass. The greater muscle mass of males is in turn due to a greater capacity for muscular hypertrophy as a result of men's higher levels of testosterone. Males remain stronger than females, when adjusting for differences in total body mass. This is due to the higher male muscle-mass to body-mass ratio
    Source-
    http://jp.physoc.org/content/338/1/37.abstract

And

Clones fight harder when there are potential mates around. Human instinct and all that.

Also since women actually populated venus, the feminist activists gained alot more power and influence in interstellar military circles.

That A only covers the first part (strength not reaction time), and B says that muscle mass is tied to testosterone (typically more abundant in males) so whats stopping the TSF pumping everyone, females included, full of testosterone?
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    edited October 2013
    You guys absolutely have no imagination... And no eye for a nice modeling...

I found this on another place where somebody else thought like me and tried to create his own model by altering the original... Maybe a bit extreme but you'll get the idea;

mTe508T.jpg

could be smth like this
    Draptor wrote: »

This is a good picture.

Now we just need to go about adding boob contours to female exos and we're good.
This discussion has been closed.