Question for applying textures/attributes best practices

MrRadicalEdMrRadicalEd Turrent Master Join Date: 2004-08-13 Member: 30601Members
Seeing some recent tutorials reignited my interest in Spark again.

Is there a way to copy a texture+attributes and apply them to faces? If not, what are the best practices to apply... say a specific trim texture to a bunch of faces? I find myself having to reset scale and a few things over and over again- quite a chore. I'm just looking for the best streamlined approach.

Also, is there a way to apply textures without the texture automatically fitting the face(changing scale)?

Comments

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    edited October 2013
    Select the face with the texture you want in the texture tool. Hold alt and click on the face you'd like to copy the texture + attributes to. Voila!

As far as I know, not really.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    DarkSeraph wrote: »
    Select the face with the texture you want in the texture tool. Hold alt and click on the face you'd like to copy the texture + attributes to. Voila!

As far as I know, not really.

Just be careful as this copies ALL the attributes over -- even rotation, which, if you're doing curved trim, is a very bad thing.