Player Badges Beta Release

13»

Comments

• HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    hycks wrote: »
    i think Huze doesn't give a piece of **** about it ....

Close. I'm really busy, and spending time on the mod is pretty low priority for me. It may be a few weeks before I get around to working on it again.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Sorry to hear that. But good to know that you still wish to work on, it its realy a great mod.
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    Players dont see badges of other players when thay joined before others
    Fixed this.
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    I still can asign any other badges from my own mod (flags mod). I tryed caps, no caps, single group added etc. It does not work and i dont know why. Would you check it out?
    This is my fault, sorry. I was parsing all badge names lower cased, so any badge with upper case letters was unassignable. This is fixed.
    hycks wrote: »
    need to use the old badge version ! and need icone list with their pictures !
    You can use the console command "allbadges" to see all the badges available on the server. Pictures will come at a future point.

I'll try to come up with a reasonable way to force badges for a future version.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Is the player required to manually select their badge b/c I noticed that mine did not display until I pressed esc and clicked the badge to show up.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Is the player required to manually select their badge b/c I noticed that mine did not display until I pressed esc and clicked the badge to show up.

Personally i think this is a bug, but i can confirm this is happening.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013

I fixed it with this little change: https://github.com/jhughes/ns2badge/pull/2 (Allready included into my mix-up mod, if you want to test it)
    edited November 2013
    Now fixed it as it should be fixed: https://github.com/BrightPaul/ns2badge/commit/d1d435331149fde25c88b91fc18e7700852f9f88

It is just one line, which does the following: If a (by the client saved) badge doesn't exist in loaded badges at the
    current server then reset client badge setting. Badges weren't activated before if the client had saved a bagde that didn't exists at the current server.
    The release last night messed up all the badges. The names in your config now relate to a random badge file. Example skull is now nyacat and heart is now ghost.

Also is it possible to assign multiple badges to the same group?
    edited November 2013
    The release last night messed up all the badges. The names in your config now relate to a random badge file. Example skull is now nyacat and heart is now ghost.

Also is it possible to assign multiple badges to the same group?

1. What config are you talking about?

2. Yes that's possible just use "badges": ["badgename1","badgename2"] instead of "badge": "badgename"
    IE: "badge": "skull" currently displays nyncat and "badge": "heart" will display a ghost.

The badges assigned to users no longer correlate to the badges your intending to give them.
    @ZEROibis, this behavior happens when there are a different number of badges on the server and the client. This could happen if you mess with your files locally or on the server. I'm not sure how a new release would have messed it up. If you didn't muck with your files can you run the 'allbadges' console command and paste the output here?
    The badges command line gets cleaned out by shine so I will need to get that mod to fix that before I test multiple badges at once.
    edited November 2013
    The badges command line gets cleaned out by shine so I will need to get that mod to fix that before I test multiple badges at once.

There is bug known with the shine badge plugin which is already fixed (in the dev build). Still the command "badges" should work fine
    Yea I have not changed anything in the badges mod I just assign the badges in the admin config files. Here is the output:
    none, admin, admin_group, clawmarks, clover, crown, ensl_admin, ensl_blue, ensl_red, ensl_staff, ghost, heart, huze, marine, mod, moderator_group, nyancat, pumpkin, skull, star, troll, unicorn, wc2013_gold, wc2013_shadow, wc2013_silver, wc2013_supporter, wrench, wrench_red
    Ah it's getting screwed up by the UWE badges. clawmarks, marine, wc2013, and wrench exist on the client, but not the server because they're not part of any mod. The mismatch causes the inconsistency. I'll apply a bandaid fix for that right now and then fix it correctly later.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    The mod is still buggy.
    Badges disappear from time to time.

GhoulofGSG9 "hotfix" didnt help here btw.
    Must be cause the "i send you my badge @ connect" mechanism.
    dePARA wrote: »
    The mod is still buggy.
    Badges disappear from time to time.

GhoulofGSG9 "hotfix" didnt help here btw.
    Must be cause the "i send you my badge @ connect" mechanism.

I think Huze is total aware of this be a little patient ;)
    There is a problem where as you can only select from the first 8 badges assigned to you and not all of them.
    There is a problem where as you can only select from the first 8 badges assigned to you and not all of them.

Yeah, I know about this. I left it at 8 because that seems like plenty. Realistically how many badges seems like enough? Are you just assigning all of them to some people?
    Yes and they should be able to select from all of them, regardless of that be 8 or 800million.
    Yes and they should be able to select from all of them, regardless of that be 8 or 800million.

So either we need a "next" button in the main menu or people have to use the "badge" command. Can't image how it would look to have over 40 badges in the main menu.
    Yeah, you can still use the console command if there's too many to select. I won't add pagination for badges until I rework badge selection, but I can increase the number selectable.
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Someone probably asked this already but is there a way to make this mod work with the country flag pack so it actually shows the countries of the players in the server? Doing so automatically without manually assigning the flags to some groups etc.

Think I've seen a few servers doing that, just never really figured out how they pulled it off.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I don't see why flags are necessary...
    edited December 2013
    Amad wrote: »
    Someone probably asked this already but is there a way to make this mod work with the country flag pack so it actually shows the countries of the players in the server? Doing so automatically without manually assigning the flags to some groups etc.

Think I've seen a few servers doing that, just never really figured out how they pulled it off.

It's a plugin which is part of the [shine] ns2stats plugin package https://github.com/BrightPaul/NS2Stats.com/wiki/NS2Stats-Badges

BTW UN flag (the "blue" one) is used as temp flag for rookies and to ns2stats unknown players. Most get their flags after playing a few rounds on ns2stats enabled servers. Also the Plugin assign all player a "empty" badge so they are able to hide their flag. Esc and rightclick next to the flag beside your profile picture to do so.
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

It's a plugin which is part of the [shine] ns2stats plugin package https://github.com/BrightPaul/NS2Stats.com/wiki/NS2Stats-Badges

BTW UN flag (the "blue" one) is used as temp flag for rookies and to ns2stats unknown players. Most get their flags after playing a few rounds on ns2stats enabled servers. Also the Plugin assign all player a "empty" badge so they are able to hide their flag. Esc and rightclick next to the flag beside your profile picture to do so.

Sweet, thank you. Already got shine in my server so that wasn't hard to set up. Much appreciated.
  • CapybaraCapybara Join Date: 2013-12-08 Member: 189914Members

Sweet, thank you. Already got shine in my server so that wasn't hard to set up. Much appreciated.

Thank you for the info!