Hive Stats are messed up - known bug?

SzeiSzei NorCal Join Date: 2013-12-05 Member: 189803Members, Reinforced - Shadow
So I just linked my profile to Hive so I could check out badges. However, I noticed that the stats it shows are completely wrong. The game time shows about half as long as I've played and the kills and deaths are just way off. Supposedly I have 75 kills and 77 deaths. Yet, in two games alone I had 80 kills and 12 deaths. The kills in these 2 games already exceed my supposed total o.O

Comments

• GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Not every server records stats to Hive. You can find the list of servers that do record here.
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    and as for the hours played. the hive system was introduced a couple of updates ago, so it would be counting time from there, someone correct me if I'm wrong
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @twig it's also as golden said, not all servers are logged (as they are modified).
    Hive stats and 'skill' should really be hidden. Having them visible really only promotes stats wh0ring and rookie farming.
  • TwigTwig Australia Join Date: 2013-11-09 Member: 189225Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    Hive stats and 'skill' should really be hidden. Having them visible really only promotes stats wh0ring and rookie farming.

Couln't agree more
  • scorpacscorpac Join Date: 2009-07-18 Member: 68180Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That system is messed up. I played several rounds today, and not a single one got counted. Some rounds happened on the 8bit and UWE official servers, which are "white"-listed. That system is bugged and it sucks that it doesnt count my whole playtime which you can see on steam. Hive says i have played 9 houres. Steam says 365.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    The server has to have submitted 50 games before they are counted. Perhaps that particular server had not yet?
  • HivelordHivelord Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What is even the point of the hive? We already have ns2stats, which IMO is a far superior system than the hive probably ever will be.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    Hivelord wrote: »
    What is even the point of the hive? We already have ns2stats, which IMO is a far superior system than the hive probably ever will be.

The main issue of ns2stats: it tracks too less rounds/servers (atm ~50%, which is for us at ns2stats a hugh step from past a few moth). So also we had high hopes into hive to do things we can't do as community project.

Ns2stats can't do some things because of lack of money, devs, time and because it's not official.