Multi-monitor issue | mouse stops snapping to ns2

Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Has been happeing since a bunch of builds, so dunno when this was introduced;

Mouse stops snapping to ns2 randomly when using multimontor and fullscreen-windowed mode, i.e. it goes to the other screen, thus switching you to desktop midgame.

Comments

• turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2013
    yep, happens all the time. i was told to disable several other useful programs I had running, that's about when I stopped playing the game.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Had this as well, was forced to unplug my other monitor(s) when playing the game.

I've forwarded this to people that could probably solve this, if they didn't know about it already.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Used to happen to me, doesn't anymore. Used to solve it by alt tabbing out of the game then clicking on it IN THE TASK BAR. NOT alt tabbing back in.
  • KauhsaKauhsa Join Date: 2014-01-02 Member: 191451Members
    I'm having this issue as well whenever cursor is shown - in real fullscreen mode though. It's not necessarily a good feature in fullscreen (I would understand it on windowed, at least on menus and like), since if you manage to grab focus of other any window, the game minimizes. Game also seems to sometimes hang itself when this happens, but it's an another issue I guess.

It's a problem when commanding because now I can't scroll the map to the right (where my another monitor is) using mouse. If this is intended, could it at least be an option?
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    I have the same, have to fiddle with alt+tab (switch window) and ctrl+shift+esc (taskmanager) to get proper focus.
    Just alt tabbing leaves me with NS2 showing on primary monitor but not in focus, once I click it switches.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Yup, same here, I was wondering if I was the only one. Thanks for the answer : D

It's ok if it happens in the main menu, actually it is even a big plus, but when you are shooting/biting it's quite irritating...
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Multi-monitor here, tip for you chaps on Windows 7 or 8:

Hold the Windows key (that flag between CTRL and ALT) then press P. Win+P will give you a quick popup in which you can enable/disable multiple monitors.

For my graphics card (current and previous) the HDMI output is the "Computer" in that thing, and the monitor via DVI is projector. That means I select Projector Only to just have my monitor on for NS2 and then flip back to Extended for both monitor and TV.

I use fullscreen windowed anyway so I can't get this focusing problem.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    It still doesn't solve the problem, but help to facilitate the 'switch' for some.

Btw even in fullscreen windowed it does it for me (actually I never tried when it worked before, so I can't be sure on that).
  • Firestorm27Firestorm27 Join Date: 2013-11-06 Member: 189036Members
    I've the same issue with my laptop. My mouse goes over tmy right screen.
    Fullscreen mod is like Fullscreen windowed.
    I've tried several methods with alt-tab/click in task bar. Nothing work.
    And I don't want to install a 3rd party program/tool...

My actual solution : Shortcut Windows-P and disable second onitor...
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2014
    bump; UWE, fix your game plz.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's fixable by simply pressing ESC and opening up the game menu once, for me at least.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's fixable by simply pressing ESC and opening up the game menu once, for me at least.

Well, that's only temporary, it is only helpful when you actually notice your arrow is going out of the screen; in combat you're still pretty much fucked, who doesn't love going fade, just to get switched to desk as you're facing 3 marines or trying to blink over a insta-death pit, and then wait another 10 minutes until you can fade again, all because the game is broken.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I doubt this will get fixed given the lack of engine developers available now.
    I suggest using AdamBeam's workaround listed above.
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can't say I've even had this issue for a long time. A few days ago I switched to true fullscreen mode from using windowed fullscreen mode, and still don't get this issue any more. Even when commanding.