Female Survivor and character customisation

Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
Yay! Someones going to create a new Discussion about a couple of belated and previously discussed topics for the hell of it!

But seriously, that male breathing is getting on my nerves, and i'm a male! Plus I DO NOT HAVE BROWN POINTY HAIR!!!!!

Comments

• ThryanThryan Italy Join Date: 2015-10-17 Member: 208543Members
    If this game is going to be first person only character customization would be useless
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Thryan wrote: »
    If this game is going to be first person only character customization would be useless

Not in multiplayer

Look at halo
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    Yay! Someones going to create a new Discussion about a couple of belated and previously discussed topics for the hell of it!

But seriously, that male breathing is getting on my nerves, and i'm a male! Plus I DO NOT HAVE BROWN POINTY HAIR!!!!!

come on you just want to see your boob's when you looking down we got it.
    Chris1217 wrote: »

NO!

I'm for gender equality

Also I'm not perverted
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members

NO!

I'm for gender equality

Also I'm not perverted

i was just kidding.

NO!

I'm for gender equality

Also I'm not perverted

i was just kidding.

I understand
  • ThryanThryan Italy Join Date: 2015-10-17 Member: 208543Members

Not in multiplayer

Enderguy might have a Point on this one, if there's going to be multiplayer one day then they should implement character customization, but we shouldn't worry about that For now because as the devs Said they are going to implement it only when the rest of the game is completed

Not in multiplayer

Enderguy might have a Point on this one, if there's going to be multiplayer one day then they should implement character customization, but we shouldn't worry about that For now because as the devs Said they are going to implement it only when the rest of the game is completed

Correct. I still think gender selection should be a pre-completion update (It was in the concept art)
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I have to agree. In addition to the female survivor, there really should be other customization options too. If, for instance, I don't want my person to have that ridiculously flashy hairstyle (and color), then I could just change it.
    The_Shark wrote: »
    I have to agree. In addition to the female survivor, there really should be other customization options too. If, for instance, I don't want my person to have that ridiculously flashy hairstyle (and color), then I could just change it.

Correct. Have you seen the guy in concept art? Looks like a mountain range.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members

They have a female model and will be added to the game so that there is gender choice. As for more customization of your character it has been asked and discussed and I believe the devs have even discussed it but if it does happen. It won't be till a future goal for the game. So you will have to just deal with the choice of two genders to choose from eventually.

They have a female model and will be added to the game so that there is gender choice. As for more customization of your character it has been asked and discussed and I believe the devs have even discussed it but if it does happen. It won't be till a future goal for the game. So you will have to just deal with the choice of two genders to choose from eventually.

Brilliant! Thanks 4 the info.
  • ElavionElavion Poland Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207844Members
    I disagree. If they give us character customization they won't do something else, and since we can't even see ourselves it's mostly pointless. I'd much rather have a new (even simple) fish than female character and/or customization options.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I would like to see a 3rd person view added in. Then we can worry about character customizing. The customizing options could be hair color/style, skin color, gender, suit color, and a few other options. (This would also let use take a screen shot of our selves so we can then use that as our avatar here if we wanted.)
  • ed155ed155 tr Join Date: 2015-11-11 Member: 209171Members
    customizing at start will be good, gender or maybe some bonuses or disadvantages also this game requare 3rd person view and more skind and suits...
  • Ellen_8Ellen_8 Italy Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205309Members
    It's been a while since I started playing Subnautica and as a female gamer I would love to see at least the gender selection at the beginning.
    If the devs decide to add a 3rd person view (which would be amazing and necessary for co-op -- Please add co-op :blush: --) I would ask for a simple character customization, on the contrary, if they prefer to leave the game a singleplayer experience I would be happy with just a gender selection: since I never see my face in game, playing as female would be enough for immersion.
  • AurianeAuriane Germany Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205082Members
    I have to agree with Ellen_8. I´m a female gamer too an i would love a gender selection. Without 3rd person view it´s enough.
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    Well, just a bit of a troll here I guess...

This takes place in the far future where 'the thought of eating something that was alive' is nauseating to the character. If Nutrition has been scientifically abstracted (taking all of the joy out of it) perhaps so has Reproduction... and then there is no need for gender at all. A few tweaks in the test tube prior to implanting into the artificial womb and you have a nice homogeneously bland workforce that excels at all the important things that genetics can influence and has no reason to treat anyone awkwardly.

Yay for Equality! (Diversity be damned.) B)>:)
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    Elavion wrote: »
    I disagree. If they give us character customization they won't do something else, and since we can't even see ourselves it's mostly pointless. I'd much rather have a new (even simple) fish than female character and/or customization options.
    Ellen_8 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I started playing Subnautica and as a female gamer I would love to see at least the gender selection at the beginning.
    If the devs decide to add a 3rd person view (which would be amazing and necessary for co-op -- Please add co-op :blush: --) I would ask for a simple character customization, on the contrary, if they prefer to leave the game a singleplayer experience I would be happy with just a gender selection: since I never see my face in game, playing as female would be enough for immersion.

Maybe as a half solution ask the question at the beginning and then drop the answer into NULL. I mean if it won't effect gameplay at all, and you can't see yourself, and (as the devs have said) Multiplayer if off the to-do list... then isn't Placebo effect enough for Immersion?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm gender equality, that's all about human/civil right isn't it. What does it have to do with genders in a game? I think the term you're looking for is "more options" or "game diversity" ;)
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Maybe as a half solution ask the question at the beginning and then drop the answer into NULL. I mean if it won't effect gameplay at all, and you can't see yourself, and (as the devs have said) Multiplayer if off the to-do list... then isn't Placebo effect enough for Immersion?

Shadows. If your character is caught in light, they cast a pretty distinctly masculine profile, simply from studying the shoulder-to-waist ratio. Looking down reveals a compact but still male chest.

Little things that can break the immersion.
    ...so make the player model more androgynous and just keep swimming.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    Isn't there already a trello card about making a female character? I'm stuck on my phone at the moment so it's super hard to check but I swore I saw one the other day when I was browsing around the dev roadmap.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    mndfreeze wrote: »
    Isn't there already a trello card about making a female character? I'm stuck on my phone at the moment so it's super hard to check but I swore I saw one the other day when I was browsing around the dev roadmap.

Yeah, the female model is pretty much done. I mean, if they weren't working on it for a while and they were taking time away from designing the Lost River to build a Female Model, then MAYBE some of the people saying "Why does it matter?" would have a point.

But they HAVE the model, so why not just give people the option to pick between them? There's pretty much no reason not to let people pick their PC's sex.
  • RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
    It would be cool to be able to select a character to play if they don't want to make a character creation screen. I'd like to be a female survivor in this oceanic world.