[Bug] I don't die when i run out of air [Ver. 26277 Dec-2015] EDIT: FIXED :D <3 Thanks devs <3

AndyTrunksAndyTrunks Denmark Join Date: 2015-12-17 Member: 210039Members
edited December 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Ver. 26277 Dec-2015

Description: I made a video that shows the bug in works, and in the simplest of terms: I can't drown, my breath meter runs out but the death/drowning fade out never triggers. I can still die from other issues, so far i've tested the Gas bubbles from the fart-manatee's, and Leviathan/radiation, but i can't drown.

Reproduction Steps: As shown in the video, all i've done is start a new game, (in any game mode, just used survival as my example) wait for it to load, go underwater and.. wait.

Video:

The video is about 8 minutes long, and there are some "Boring" bits, so if you wish to skip just follow the timestamps in the video description.

I love your game, please continue your awesome work :smiley:

PS: Sorry for video stutters, i have a potato PC :c

PPS: https://steamcommunity.com/app/264710/discussions/0/494632338493992400/ A steam discussion showing more info, the issue seems to only be with the stable build.

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    That was an interesting video to watch :smile:
  • AndyTrunksAndyTrunks Denmark Join Date: 2015-12-17 Member: 210039Members
    Thanks ^_^ I hope this is something they will patch relatively quickly. I like the sense of "urgency" that comes with the not-drowning. Means you need to be more aware and plan :)
  • ElavionElavion Poland Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207844Members
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, same issue here. Would be awesome if we got a quick fix before weekend.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're aware of this issue, due to the holidays we're not certain when a fix will go out but it is a priority.
    Happens in Freedom Mode too.
    I just dumped all my air tanks outside my base to take advantage of this bug and collect more resources. Didn't realise until now how much the tanks slow you down. I had 6 on and when I dumped them all I zoomed along >.<
    yeah your speed just shoot up xD
    Myrm wrote: »
    I just dumped all my air tanks outside my base to take advantage of this bug and collect more resources. Didn't realise until now how much the tanks slow you down. I had 6 on and when I dumped them all I zoomed along >.<

Why would you carry 6 tanks with you? oo0O.O0oo
    If you are doing some deep sea stuff without Seamoth (why?) just grab a builder, 8 titanium and 1 glass and make a basic seabase to refill oxygen.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    edited December 2015
    Elavion wrote: »
    If you are doing some deep sea stuff without Seamoth (why?) just grab a builder, 8 titanium and 1 glass and make a basic seabase to refill oxygen.
    My basic bases cost 4 titanium ... no need to make a room that takes 3 times as long to build if you're short on air.
    Myrm wrote: »
    Also 6 tanks? I have one ... in some cases a backup one (for diving the wreck for example). How many free slots do you have in your inventory dude?
    My basic bases cost 4 titanium ... no need to make a room that takes 3 times as long to build if you're short on air.

Correct. I just always rush Moth so I didn't even know you can build corridors without foundations :P
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    Elavion wrote: »

Correct. I just always rush Moth so I didn't even know you can build corridors without foundations :P

oh noes! but bases look so much better without foundations!

*ahem* ok, no more offtopic here...
    I created six tanks for exploring purposes when I started a new game. Wanted to build a Cyclops had to go looking for lithium for the plasteel ingots. Lithium is normally fairly deep and I wanted to find at least five without having to resurface. Once I get the workbench and can make extended life tanks I normally carry round three and have spares. Sometimes I like to explore deep areas by swimming and not take the lazy option of driving everywhere, and so six tanks lets me do just that. :smiley:
    I was lucky with Lithium and managed to build my first base right in the cave mouth leading into the Mushroom Jelly caves. xD