Fade Challenge Mode

2»

Comments

• BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    @F0rdPrefect
    when I load your map, all damage is set to 0 or something like that.
    I can't deal damage to marines and they can't deal any damage to me or the hive

@Nordic
    your video is not working for some reason, checking your channel I think that you ment to post this link:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=SWJjPdfyMv4
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Blrg wrote: »
    @F0rdPrefect
    when I load your map, all damage is set to 0 or something like that.
    I can't deal damage to marines and they can't deal any damage to me or the hive

@Nordic
    your video is not working for some reason, checking your channel I think that you ment to post this link:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=SWJjPdfyMv4

Yes, I've encountered something similar today. I have no idea what's up with that. Unfortunately beige is asleep right now - hopefully I can fix it tonight, when he's back.

But hey, at least it's great for searching for holes, right?
    *sigh*
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Ixian wrote: »
    When you guys play it, are you dodging the way you would in a normal match/against humans?
    I fade normally in matches and there's definitely a difference in how you have to treat these bots. Dodging and weaving like you would normally juke a person's aim has basically no effect except to allow them to do more damage to you (esp with the shotgunners). It seems like the better way to handle them is to just straight up kill them as fast as possible. Missing 0 swipes is the goal here. It might be that my groove was off without Metab and celerity but I couldn't get past lv 10 for the three tries I did (will adjust my strategies and keep going).

TL/DR: If your jukes make you miss a swipe, they'll cost you more than they gain you.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    @Blrg, the processing failed for some reason after I linked that so I just started uploading another while I slept. You linked that video.

@Calego @Ixian, I am a bad fade. I get through as far as I do by killing each marine as quick as possible and as soon they come past the force field if I can. If marines are allowed to ball up, that is when I die. In the video I linked in my previous post, the same one blrg linked, you can see I don't have any issues dodging shotguns. You can see how I dodged one at 3:10 in my video.

Why I am bad as fade in ns2, is because I try to play fade the same as that video. It just does not work.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    I like how they sometimes ask for meds but they never receive any :D
    Their commander reminds me at Zapp Brannigan

https://youtube.com/v/6MNYyBaTUPc&start=90&end=102&autoplay=1&version=3
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited March 2016
    Thanks to beige it works now!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636208746

I still have to clean up the minimap (among others there's a few location entities I haven't found yet) and the map itself, and work on the balancing of the waves. I think it's quite hard, and I couldn't get past wave seven, and I'm pretty sure some of the later ones are not doable :D
    But then again, I suck...
    But hey, at least it's playable now. Expect another update tomorrow.

All feedback appreciated.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The crossroads map is much harder even though it has a crag. I can only get to level 9. What makes it so much harder is that the marines can ball up much quicker. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but it does present more of a challenge.
    Nordic wrote: »
    The crossroads map is much harder even though it has a crag. I can only get to level 9. What makes it so much harder is that the marines can ball up much quicker. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but it does present more of a challenge.

I tried to make it harder than beige's. I might have to add some cover in the central area, though.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    ns2_ch_crossroads seems much more fun (until wave 9 where game breaks) but less hard for me. Crag presence allow fade to regenerate his HP fully 5-8 times in a wave without worry about hive HP which could be destroyed by following waves.

Also I had a little bug: marine was stucked under the floor in Glass Hallway
    New version! You can find it here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636991572
    ...until I can figure out how to update the old version instead of creating a new mod.

@CRaZyCAT_Rus The glass hallway issue should be fixed in the new version.
    Can you please specify what happens in Wave 9?
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited March 2016

First, exo appear and everything ok. Then, bots start nonstop spawning in Summit Reception I have huge lags until someone kill me and game reset.

Update. Same thing on new version.
    edited March 2016

First, exo appear and everything ok. Then, bots start nonstop spawning in Summit Reception I have huge lags until someone kill me and game reset.

Update. Same thing on new version.

Thanks, I'll look into it tonight.

edit: It would be cool if you could upload a video of the issue. (Not strictly necessary, though.) Also, does this appear before the dual exos, after the dual exos or in the wave with the dual exos?
  • HobbesonHobbeson New York Join Date: 2015-12-04 Member: 209723Members
    This sounds great. Can we do the same thing for lerks?
    Fixed Wave 9! (It's interesting what kind of effects simple typing errors can have sometimes.) Update should be live on the workshop. Launchpad apparently go it's **** together, so it's updating now instead of pushing a new mod. Refer to the new link for the mod, the old one is outdated.

->

Hobbeson wrote: »

Turn on cheats with, "Cheats 1" in console. Then type lerk. Then play as lerk.
  • HobbesonHobbeson New York Join Date: 2015-12-04 Member: 209723Members

Doh
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Substitue lerk for onos, gorge, skulk etc.. Hardcore practice.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter

Ooo fun. Will try this tonight.
    edited April 2016
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Why mod deleted?

The fade challenge mod is no more! It has grown up to become part of the main game. To access it, go to the training menu. :)
    Why mod deleted?

Although the crossroads mod might still work. I have no idea, though.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Why mod deleted?

Although the crossroads mod might still work. I have no idea, though.

Hmm not sure.