HELP PLZ

GrimmflyerGrimmflyer Sweden Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218277Members
Hi i was trying to start up my game and it said "missing current manifest" and "can't reach servers" and i unistalled it cuz in thaught it would fix it but now i can't play Subnautica at all. What do i do?

Comments

• Captain_CartertronCaptain_Cartertron Texas Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216605Members
    What kind of pc are you using?
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    This discussion should be in the bug forums.
  • GrimmflyerGrimmflyer Sweden Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218277Members
    What kind of pc are you using?

a ailenware x51
  • Captain_CartertronCaptain_Cartertron Texas Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216605Members
    edited June 2016
    Well theres your problem! Alien ware has to be the worst kind of computer. I cant help you. If you want to get a better computer that can handle Subnautica, I recommend an HP with intel CORE i5. I used to use a mac before it decided to spontaneously combust. I now have this HP with a terabyte in memory. It also has a 520 intel hd graphics card!
  • weasel47weasel47 Pennsylvania Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217060Members
    edited June 2016
    Well theres your problem! Alien ware has to be the worst kind of computer. I cant help you. If you want to get a better computer that can handle Subnautica, I recommend an HP with intel CORE i5. I used to use a mac before it decided to spontaneously combust. I now have this HP with a terabyte in memory. It also has a 520 intel hd graphics card!

This is probably not relevant to the OP's issue. The OP may very well have a better processor and video card than yours, and I'm sorry to break it to you, but you don't have a terabyte of memory. You have a terabyte of hard drive space.
    Oh, your right. I am very sorry for making that mistake XD.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I'm running the game on an Alienware X51 and it does just fine.

Have you completely uninstalled the game, then done a fresh reinstall? From the error messages you list, it sounds like you have a corrupted installation and that you were not connected to the internet when you first tried to start up the game.
    thing is i have played the game Before and it worked perfectly and now it won't work at all so that is my consern, and i have unistalled it and reinstalled it and now i can't install the game at all,
    weasel47 wrote: »

This is probably not relevant to the OP's issue. The OP may very well have a better processor and video card than yours, and I'm sorry to break it to you, but you don't have a terabyte of memory. You have a terabyte of hard drive space.

thing is i have played the game Before and it worked perfectly and now it won't work at all so that is my consern, and i have unistalled it and reinstalled it and now i can't install the game at all.
    scubamatt wrote: »
    I'm running the game on an Alienware X51 and it does just fine.

Have you completely uninstalled the game, then done a fresh reinstall? From the error messages you list, it sounds like you have a corrupted installation and that you were not connected to the internet when you first tried to start up the game.

i have uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it but it just won't install again at all. and how do i do a complete uninstallement and a fresh reinstallement?
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    edited June 2016
    Does everything else run fine? Other games, other software you use? Which Windows Version do you use? Windows XP, Windows 7,8 or 10? With older windows versions you could aswell reinstall the whole operating system once a year to avoid running into unexplainable errors sooner or later. The later version of windows tend to cause lesser problems if you run them over years without reinstalling them. It is however incredible hard to find your error with the little ammount of information you posted. Maybe it helps to delete the steam folder where Subnautica is installed and redownload it via Steam. That should normally work if everything else is running ok and your drivers and Steam are up to date.

EDIT: The game folder should be inside your steam folder somewhere here iirc: steam/steamapps/common/"NameOfTheGame"
    Does everything else run fine? Other games, other software you use? Which Windows Version do you use? Windows XP, Windows 7,8 or 10? With older windows versions you could aswell reinstall the whole operating system once a year to avoid running into unexplainable errors sooner or later. The later version of windows tend to cause lesser problems if you run them over years without reinstalling them. It is however incredible hard to find your error with the little ammount of information you posted. Maybe it helps to delete the steam folder where Subnautica is installed and redownload it via Steam. That should normally work if everything else is running ok and your drivers and Steam are up to date.

EDIT: The game folder should be inside your steam folder somewhere here iirc: steam/steamapps/common/"NameOfTheGame"

i run windows 10 and almost all my 27 games say missing content manifest
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Are all of these problem games installed via Steam? Maybe the issue is with your Steam client? Have you tried verifying the integrity of the local Steam files?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
    Klinn wrote: »
    Are all of these problem games installed via Steam? Maybe the issue is with your Steam client? Have you tried verifying the integrity of the local Steam files?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

i can't do that on subnautica but the other games i have checked some of them and they were fine but it is mostly all the games that need to update and i can't play them for some reason and it is so enoying, and now my favorite game needs to update and i'm afraid to launch/update it,
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Steam client itself? Just in case it's corrupted in some way.