Floating junk, ocean surface inside habitat. Old bugs

Recon777Recon777 Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Members
Not sure if the devs are aware of these two very old bugs or not (likely, one would think) but the game still spawns random junk that floats in the air above the water relatively close to the escape pod site. These items cannot be removed, so they just hang there in the air forever looking really trashy.

Another one my kid noticed was that if you build multipurpose rooms stacked in a tower formation, the one that breaks the surface of the ocean will render the ocean's surface INSIDE the room.

Also, the player still "takes a breath" when surfacing in subs. Kind of silly and ought to be easy to fix.

Noticed that when viewing one's base from within the Cyclops, that you can SEE the items you've constructed with the habitat builder through the walls, even though they should be hidden. You can see them from a VERY long distance away as well.

Noticed when docking the Seamoth inside the Cyclops that during this procedure, you can also see the wall lockers that you've placed inside the lower hallway of the Cyclops.

Comments

• CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
    The floating junk will temporarily disappear if you save, quit, and reload. It's a temporary fix, because it'll reappear in a different location eventually, but it'll help if the floating junk is floating very low, and potentially in your base. That happened to me once.
  • Recon777Recon777 Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215505Members
    Crawmak wrote: »
    The floating junk will temporarily disappear if you save, quit, and reload. It's a temporary fix, because it'll reappear in a different location eventually, but it'll help if the floating junk is floating very low, and potentially in your base. That happened to me once.

I had a seaglide fragment show up as part of that junk. Was able to scan it repeatedly, completing the requirement. This really ought to be fixed. It's been this way for ages.
  • CrawmakCrawmak USA Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219814Members
    Recon777 wrote: »

I had a seaglide fragment show up as part of that junk. Was able to scan it repeatedly, completing the requirement. This really ought to be fixed. It's been this way for ages.

Wow. I wonder if you could've kept scanning it for infinite titanium?
  • njc121njc121 Arizona Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220005Members
    You can also see the ocean's surface inside the Cyclops when looking in from the outside.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members

that would be awesome!! but it needs to be fixed.
  • arcasorarcasor Italy Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218577Members
    edited July 2016

The same happened to me a few weeks ago; the fragment eventually disappeared after the fifth or sixth scanning cycle