Egg Help

SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
So, I've been combing the jellyshroom caves for a little while now, and for the life of me cannot find even a HINT of crabsnake eggs. Can anybody assist? Also as a side note, where might I find the mountains?

Comments

• Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    edited July 2016
    The eggs are usually found inside the big jellyshrooms. However, weird things are happening with the crab snakes at the moment, they are super buggy for some reason. Many people have reported them having no animations or just flying through objects. So the eggs might be buggy as well.

edit:
    I forgot to include where the mountains are.

Best way to find them is go to the front of the Aurora, turn 90 degrees left and keep going until you see the mountain island. The mountain biome is around it.
  • SoichSoich USA Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206623Members
    I do have to ask, are crabsnake eggs just rare in general?
    edited July 2016
    I am not sure if they are intended to be rare or not. I think they are having problems with the crab snakes in general because sometimes they are not there at all and sometimes they are. I think eggs are the same way right now. Just gotta get lucky right now I guess. I found one no problem, but that was a while ago.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Here's a map I've found invaluable. Stick it in your screenshots folder so it's on your PDA and you can put it in a picture frame by your base exits for a quick look before you leave.

Credit goes to someone on some other thread. Cheers whoever you are.

map.jpg
    One last thing, stalker teeth, is it possible for me to stab stalkers i raise and get teeth, or is there an effiecnt and somewhat quick way to obtain them>
    Soich wrote: »
    One last thing, stalker teeth, is it possible for me to stab stalkers i raise and get teeth, or is there an effiecnt and somewhat quick way to obtain them>

You can't kill stalkers to get teeth. Stalkers attack pieces of scrap (or your seamoth) and have a chance to drop teeth.

The best way I have found is to set up a tooth farm. Find 3 or 4 stalker eggs and hatch them in your alien containment. Once they are pretty big pick them up and place them back in the world in a pretty safe location (once fully grown they will attack you). Then drop a few pieces of scrap. Sit back and watch the teeth fall.
    Hmm, how do I know when they drop a tooth?
    Hmm, how do I know when they drop a tooth?

You will know. You can see it fall and there will be a puff of blood by the stalkers mouth. They are pretty easy to spot on the ground too if you place them in a clear sandy area in the safe shallows.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I have yet to find a crabsnake egg. :( I've literally mapped out the jellyshroom caves and searched every single shroom, inside and out.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Here's a map I've found invaluable. Stick it in your screenshots folder so it's on your PDA and you can put it in a picture frame by your base exits for a quick look before you leave.

Credit goes to someone on some other thread. Cheers whoever you are.

map.jpg

I believe this map will need to update for two reasons:

1. Some of the hostile creatures are listed to be in zones that they aren't (Reaper in Mush forest?!?)
    2. New Biomes(Obviously)
    3. We might need a "Cave System" map for places like the ILZ, LZ, LR, EF and JC.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Yep, you're quite right. It's obviously an older map and out of date already, but it still helps a great deal as long as you know it's not 100% accurate any more.
    I've also faced a new problem: scrap metal. For the love of god I cannot find jack squat of that stuff in decent amounts.
    Also, I do have to ask a more important question: If I don't find a cyclops power effiecency module the first time im in the Aurora, does that mean I won't ever find one?
    Also, I do have to ask a more important question: If I don't find a cyclops power effiecency module the first time im in the Aurora, does that mean I won't ever find one?

Correct.

No. If you don't pick it up, it will still be there. It is in the reactor room on a platform.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I've also faced a new problem: scrap metal. For the love of god I cannot find jack squat of that stuff in decent amounts.

@Soich I usually find tons of scrap in the crash zone, on the northwest side of the ship and the southwest (behind the engines). You can build scanner rooms and scan for it if need be.
    Sorry, yeah it will still be there.

But there's no other way to get it. You must get it from the Aurora, at any time.
    Then how come when I look in the two upgrade stations in the gen room, it aint there
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Then how come when I look in the two upgrade stations in the gen room, it aint there
    How old is the save game you're running?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @Soich if you don't know, that's probably a bad sign. I see that you've been on-board the Subnautica train for... exactly a year? A lot has surely changed since you got the game, and though I doubt the save you're on is a year old, starting fresh might not be a bad plan. I suggest starting a new game and cheating your ballz off to get to the aurora (warp, spawn a seamoth straight away, whatever) so you can go see if it's there in the new game. I'm guessing it will be, but if it's NOT, then obviously that's a bug you should report.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    @Sidchicken is right, your save is probably outdated and not suitable anymore since one too many updates may have corrupted it slightly. To the Crabsnake egg problem, there is a new thread which showcases some new eggs that we will see ingame. So my guess is that in the "stable" version we can't find any Crabsnake eggs since there are none at the moment. But I may be wrong with this, since I never found one but neither did I search for them before so maybe they just add a new "design" for those eggs.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    edited August 2016
    1. Some of the hostile creatures are listed to be in zones that they aren't (Reaper in Mush forest?!?)
    I thought that too initially, but the Mountain island has a similar color to the Mushroom forest, which the Reaper does hang around.

I actually encountered a reaper in the mushroom forest once. Scared the crap out of me, because I wasn't expecting him there. It was night, and I had heard a few roars, so I thought "I'll just dive down in the mushrooms for a bit, it'll be safe down there."

WRONG.

And thanks to pop-in he was nice and close when I finally saw him.