feeling left in the dark!

derk85derk85 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221575Members
can someone tell me why I haven't received any subnautica updates on my xbox one!?!?!?!? I keep hearing about all the new things being added to the game, but I have yet see even ONE notification on my console about update-downloads or anything involving subnautica updates!!!! someone please help fix this issue, thanks

Comments

• EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Because the people talking about updates on a daily basis are playing on the experimental branch, on the PC.
    If you only play Stable or on the Xbox, you'll only get updates when the updates are ready, when they're stable, which is not as often.

Be patient, you're going to receive the updates as soon as they're confirmed to be working properly and get released in a proper update patch.
  • derk85derk85 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221575Members
    so, what your saying is, the subnautica updates for Xbox One, haven't been released yet and when they are sent to consoles, the console with give me notifications about it??
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    derk85 wrote: »
    so, what your saying is, the subnautica updates for Xbox One, haven't been released yet and when they are sent to consoles, the console with give me notifications about it??

Dunno about notifications, but the Xbox version gets updated a lot less. The devs usually make an announcement about it beforehand, so look for those.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members

Exactly.

I'm not sure about how often the Xbox gets it's updates, but the reason people are talking about updates so much is because on the PC we have the experimental branch, which lets us play every small update in the game before it's stable or released in an official patch. Experimental is like play testing the updates before they get properly released.

I'm sure the Xbox will get updated at about the same time as the Stable PC branch though, so any day now.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    edited August 2016
    Now that they've merged the xbox and pc branches both will be updated at the same time. The new xbox update is coming out today.

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/prawn-update/
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    crane476 wrote: »
    Now that they've merged the xbox and pc branches both will be updated at the same time. The new xbox update is coming out today.

While theoretically it is true that the Xbox and PC versions can be released at the same time, we unfortunately have to deal with the certification process for Xbox, which can cause delays. And, unfortunately, the big PRAWN Suit update coming out Tuesday morning on PC has been delayed on Xbox because it failed certification. It was a small issue, has since been fixed, and a new version has been submitted, scheduled for certification on Friday. So, if that one passes, it looks like it will go out on Xbox next Tuesday, 1 week after the PC version.
  • ElMonstroElMonstro Germany Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221570Members
    And, unfortunately, the big PRAWN Suit update coming out Tuesday morning on PC has been delayed on Xbox because it failed certification. It was a small issue, has since been fixed, and a new version has been submitted, scheduled for certification on Friday. So, if that one passes, it looks like it will go out on Xbox next Tuesday, 1 week after the PC version.

Uh... So Microsoft makes it extrahard to even release patches by a certificationprocess?
  • CorBlimeyCorBlimey Big Blue Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221300Members
    edited August 2016
    ElMonstro wrote: »
    And, unfortunately, the big PRAWN Suit update coming out Tuesday morning on PC has been delayed on Xbox because it failed certification. It was a small issue, has since been fixed, and a new version has been submitted, scheduled for certification on Friday. So, if that one passes, it looks like it will go out on Xbox next Tuesday, 1 week after the PC version.

Uh... So Microsoft makes it extrahard to even release patches by a certificationprocess?

yes primarily because buggy software is a reputational and legal risk to Microsoft and Xbox brand (and indirectly to other game developers who share the platform)
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    crane476 wrote: »

While theoretically it is true that the Xbox and PC versions can be released at the same time, we unfortunately have to deal with the certification process for Xbox, which can cause delays. And, unfortunately, the big PRAWN Suit update coming out Tuesday morning on PC has been delayed on Xbox because it failed certification. It was a small issue, has since been fixed, and a new version has been submitted, scheduled for certification on Friday. So, if that one passes, it looks like it will go out on Xbox next Tuesday, 1 week after the PC version.

Ahh, I forgot about that pesky Microsoft certification process.
  • derk85derk85 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221575Members
    Thank you for the info and being nice about!!!!!

Exactly.

I'm not sure about how often the Xbox gets it's updates, but the reason people are talking about updates so much is because on the PC we have the experimental branch, which lets us play every small update in the game before it's stable or released in an official patch. Experimental is like play testing the updates before they get properly released.

I'm sure the Xbox will get updated at about the same time as the Stable PC branch though, so any day now.

Thank you for the info and being nice about!!!!!

You're very welcome, happy hunting.