[Building] Double-wide Moon Pool Room

FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
edited October 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
You know how when you place multi-purpose rooms on top of each other, they kind of meld and make a double tall, and even merges and makes double-tall containment tanks inside too.

Well.......... I was wanting, wishing, for if you aim right with a second moon pool room to the side of another, it would 'merge' the two, and make a double-wide style moon pool room. Basically it would remove the wall between them, and make a simple scaffold gang plank between the two docking pools. So it ends up a visually larger bay with two docks!

And then, well... expand from there to allow three side by side, four, five!

Possible issues with this is that anything placed on the 'common wall' of the existing moon room, would kind of get deleted (like it does now with the auto-connecting-corridors.

Comments

• AweFilafilOsophyAweFilafilOsophy Join Date: 2016-10-05 Member: 222877Members
    you can place them side-by-side, which puts a small corridor between them. What would be cool is if they completely merged, so you had this loooong room with 4-5 moonpools side-by-side.
  • Hammy2211Hammy2211 Join Date: 2016-10-18 Member: 223218Members
    That's exactly what he was suggesting, and I agree. Although, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure why you'd want more than 2 Moonpools in a single base. Aside from aesthetic reasons, it's not like there are more than two types of vehicles that are Moonpool-compatible. Unless you're using up resources to make more vehicles for some reason, it'd make more sense to use Moonpool resources to build new ones at other bases.

But that's just my opinion. Make a base entirely out of Moonpools if you want. I don't control your life. :P
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Hammy2211 wrote: »
    That's exactly what he was suggesting, and I agree. Although, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure why you'd want more than 2 Moonpools in a single base. Aside from aesthetic reasons, it's not like there are more than two types of vehicles that are Moonpool-compatible. Unless you're using up resources to make more vehicles for some reason, it'd make more sense to use Moonpool resources to build new ones at other bases.

But that's just my opinion. Make a base entirely out of Moonpools if you want. I don't control your life. :P

I can imagine that when teleporters are added it could in some cases be interesting to have a third spare lot if you decide to visit by vehicle while already having a PRAWN and Seamoth parked as preparation for the scenario that you'd travel by teleporter. Depending on the eventual amount of resources available, I think I'd do that.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    Yeah, just a double-wide would be great to have. But if the code allows... allow someone to go nuts and make a huge bay of many more if they so desire. I might only ever reach 3 wide in any given base though... unless I'm wanting to waste resources and realestate lol!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Frigidman wrote: »
    Yeah, just a double-wide would be great to have. But if the code allows... allow someone to go nuts and make a huge bay of many more if they so desire. I might only ever reach 3 wide in any given base though... unless I'm wanting to waste resources and realestate lol!

Then once it's... I dunno, 5 wide? Allow a Cyclops to dock in there. Or actually, 2 wide would probably fit the conning tower with the rest underneath, if you have enough distance from the seabed. (Kind of how the PRAWN sticks out when you dock it.)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Then once it's... I dunno, 5 wide? Allow a Cyclops to dock in there. Or actually, 2 wide would probably fit the conning tower with the rest underneath, if you have enough distance from the seabed. (Kind of how the PRAWN sticks out when you dock it.)

Oh... OH.... now theres a wicked idea hah! Although we would need a secondary exit point on the cyclops for that. A bridge level door 'hatch' you can use.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited October 2016
    When trying to make a Reinforcement plank beneath my Moonpools so I could have an easier way for my Exosuit to dock in my base, I found out by accident you can place Reinforcements up inside the bottom of the Moonpool, and seal it off so you now have... an INDOOR SWIMMING POOL!!

...As cool as it sounds, you only get about 3 feet of water, and you can't actually swim in it (you just walk around in knee-high water). What's more frustrating is once installed it can't be removed on its own; you have to de-construct the Moonpool before you can take out the Reinforcements. :frowning:

Could we maybe have a swimming pool or sauna in a future update? I mean, while we do have the Alien Containment and an entire ocean to swim in, it's the little luxuries in life that count. o:)
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    As cool as this idea is, I don't see it being of much use other than aesthetic.

Considering every base I've built so far has two next to each other with hallways... I beg to differ. When My seamoth is docked... I need a second to dock my prawn. And vice versa. To get out, and juggle docking, is just asinine.

• TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members

Considering every base I've built so far has two next to each other with hallways... I beg to differ. When My seamoth is docked... I need a second to dock my prawn. And vice versa. To get out, and juggle docking, is just asinine.

The distance and time will be equal.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members

True as that may be, why would that stop it? It would definitely make them look better, and who doesn't want that?