new sub (hear me out on this one)

alfred2020alfred2020 Join Date: 2016-12-07 Member: 224682Members
a new sub not much larger than the cyclops with room for both a prawn and seamoth. possibly built in reactor with power cells used as back up emergency power. this could be used as a true mobile base with food and water production possible on board.

possibly small drones launched from torpedo tubes
sonar
anchor

requires endgame materials possibly ion crystals

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I mean the Cyclops is enough for what we need in the current game.
    You can farm Marblemelons and Potatoes from regular Plant Pots, and breed Bladderfish in an Aquarium for water.

Scanner Room style Camera Drones would be a cool upgrade for the current Cyclops, giving that small screen to the left of the helm some use.

But right now a giant mobile base Sub isn't really necessary.

If the game was more like Minecraft and had infinite, randomly generated landscape, then it would probably be a lot more useful ove rthe current Cyclops, but as it stands there's just no real need for it.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I thought you couldn't breed fish in the small aquarium?
  • alfred2020alfred2020 Join Date: 2016-12-07 Member: 224682Members
    yes but for example you cant have a water filter on the cyclops
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    Rather than a new sub, how about the ability to craft a boat/ship/research vessel. Something you could dock the cyclops and seamoth to. (The prawn could stay docked in the cyclops). Nothing really big, say the length of the cyclops with a moonpool-like hangar for the seamoth. Maybe have it be automated so it will slowly drive around mapping the ocean floor and notating points of interest. You could also upload all your 'signals' to it and pull up their locations via menu, allowing you to turn them on/off as needed, thereby reducing screen clutter. Just a thought.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited December 2016
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't breed fish in the small aquarium?

Pretty sure you can. I'll have to check.
    alfred2020 wrote: »
    yes but for example you cant have a water filter on the cyclops

Water doesn't expire. You can easily produce bulk quantities of water by breeding bladderfish in an Alien containment, by farming coral and salt for bleach, or by having a few water filters running.

I always have several lockers full of bottled water by the time I get the Cyclops
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited December 2016
    stevenwojo wrote: »
    Rather than a new sub, how about the ability to craft a boat/ship/research vessel. Something you could dock the cyclops and seamoth to. (The prawn could stay docked in the cyclops). Nothing really big, say the length of the cyclops with a moonpool-like hangar for the seamoth. Maybe have it be automated so it will slowly drive around mapping the ocean floor and notating points of interest. You could also upload all your 'signals' to it and pull up their locations via menu, allowing you to turn them on/off as needed, thereby reducing screen clutter. Just a thought.

As a partially separate idea, ignoring the cyclops and seamoth docking, how about exploration drones? These would be small flying drones that essentially would locate pre-made landmarks, like the coral arch or the giant mushroom tree. You'd craft one, send it out, and it would find a landmark (and subsequently detonate or something, so it was one use). Then the signal would be available to you. I think this could appeal to more exploration-focused players, though I'm not confident on the quality of this idea.

EDIT: This sorta connects to your sub b/c it would serve a similar mapping/exploring purpose.
    stevenwojo wrote: »

As a partially separate idea, ignoring the cyclops and seamoth docking, how about exploration drones? These would be small flying drones that essentially would locate pre-made landmarks, like the coral arch or the giant mushroom tree. You'd craft one, send it out, and it would find a landmark (and subsequently detonate or something, so it was one use). Then the signal would be available to you. I think this could appeal to more exploration-focused players, though I'm not confident on the quality of this idea.

EDIT: This sorta connects to your sub b/c it would serve a similar mapping/exploring purpose.

I mean, them being single use, "find a thing and then die" doesn't really make sense. Just a huge waste of resources to find something I would find on my own through regular exploring.

Now if we had a few Camera Drones that we could launch from the Cyclops, that would be the tits.