[Crash] [Video] RE: mountain island crash

halloween168halloween168 vancouver BC Join Date: 2016-12-25 Member: 225469Members
edited December 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
So i decided to hop on and take a 1.5 min video of traveling there which includes getting into the seamoth and swimming towards the island, it shows the massive lag/sutters/crash splat:

Comments

• IntriloIntrilo Join Date: 2016-12-25 Member: 225465Members
    I had the exact same problem, but i removed the saved cache maps and now it works like a charm
  • halloween168halloween168 vancouver BC Join Date: 2016-12-25 Member: 225469Members
    Intrilo wrote: »
    I had the exact same problem, but i removed the saved cache maps and now it works like a charm

I think i'll have to try that, i really would like to progress more into the game.
  • IntriloIntrilo Join Date: 2016-12-25 Member: 225465Members

I think i'll have to try that, i really would like to progress more into the game.

This is what helped me (taken from another thread)it resets everything in the world to how it was etc but u keep ur progress etc
    ----
    It seems to me, the persistent state of the world get glitched over time and what helped me so far, is to clear the world state.
    It resets the flora, fauna, resources and so on, however you keep all your items, base, ships.

To do so, backup your savegame folder and then delete "CellsCache" and "CompiledOctreesCache" folders in your savegame slot folder.
    It entirley removes the stutter and crashes from my game until the world state get corrupted or whatever.
  • halloween168halloween168 vancouver BC Join Date: 2016-12-25 Member: 225469Members

This is what helped me (taken from another thread)it resets everything in the world to how it was etc but u keep ur progress etc
    ----
    It seems to me, the persistent state of the world get glitched over time and what helped me so far, is to clear the world state.
    It resets the flora, fauna, resources and so on, however you keep all your items, base, ships.

To do so, backup your savegame folder and then delete "CellsCache" and "CompiledOctreesCache" folders in your savegame slot folder.
    It entirley removes the stutter and crashes from my game until the world state get corrupted or whatever.

I went ahead and did it and no crash anymore! a little sad that i lost one of my cyclops blueprint scans though (scanned before saving then crashed) then it wasn't there anymore. was just 2 of the same parts. /rant anyways thanks for the help