Story improvement/ new ship idea *UPDATED*

EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
The reasoning behind having a new ship would be to add something to the Dunes Biome. It would fit lore wise with the following PDA’S that could be found all over the Red Falcon.

The potential loot inside the RF are as follows: *Loot subject to change*

Diamond/Thermal blade knife
Modification station fragments
Power cells/batteries
Big filtered water/Nutrient blocks

Combat suit fragments
Energy Repeater fragment - could become an upgrade to the Stasis Rifle. Like 2 shots per second (no build up), each causing a 15% slow for 5 sec (effect stacks) with a drain of 3% per shot.
OxKWaQp.jpg

Auxiliary Arm Module fragments
Tactical Arm Augmentation
wLdd8kx.jpg

There would also be a sheild module. A common upgrade. It would add 50% hp as sheild to any vehicle. This sheild could regenerate at 3% every second after 10 seconds of no damage. This would obviously drain a vehicle of at least 30% power. (Yes this does not agree to the bottom photo, I have rethought some of it)

PDA

Aurora: This is the Aurora mining vessel. We are requesting assistance for our journey to the Aradian Arm.

Red Falcon: This is the Saber Class cruiser Red Falcon. We are currently on route to the Aradian Arm for a weapons resupply. If you want our assistance, send us your mission brief.

A: Mission brief sent
R: Recieved. We must radio HQ to approve path change… We will need something in return. Could you spare free use of the new Phasegate along with a shipment of Uranium?
A: That can be arranged.
R: Estimated meeting is 10,000km off the planet 4546B.
A: Thank you for the assistance.
R: Aurora this is Red Falcon. Our scanners have detected a structure that does not match surrounding geology. We suggest to amplify sheilds.
A: Are you suggesting that the structure could be a weapon?
R: It would explain the disappearance of the Degasi. Get your crew ready to evacuate the ship.
R: AURORA! LAUNCH LIFE PODS NOW! SHEILDS AT MAXIMUM! WE HAVE DETECTED AN ENERGY SURGE IN THE STRU---
R: Aurora? Can you hear us? We're 300m down and taking on water. Send help ASAP.

3fda5x0.jpg

Comments

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    They're already going to make the cyclops non-invincible soon, so a shield generator would be really cool, especially for big ships like the cyclops. Seems like a lot to code, though...
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    They're already going to make the cyclops non-invincible soon, so a shield generator would be really cool, especially for big ships like the cyclops. Seems like a lot to code, though...

Shield Generators aren't actually that complex. Just making an entity invincible for a short period while displaying a shield effect, then setting a timer on when it can be used again, or how much damage needs to add up before it breaks and shuts off.
  • EternalGolemEternalGolem Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223650Members
    edited January 2017
    I have a lot of ideas I am currently thinking about. Stuff like a builder arm for the exosuit. An omni tool. A sheilded dive suit. Balance firearm (not too lethal). If you have any ideas for survivability please comment
    BIG EDIT. I was working offline during school.
    Another edit. Focusing on a weapon and a sheilded dive suit
    edited January 2017
    Ok, some more updates. Focusing on a tool and an exosuit arm
  • RayVermilionRayVermilion Join Date: 2017-01-15 Member: 226735Members
    Balance firearm (not too lethal).

I do not think, they will ever implement any weapons to the game. And i really hope so.
    It would not fit into the game. At the moment it is easy enough to scan the Sea Dragon by simply using the stasis rifle.
    How overpowered would it be to have weapons?
    There is also one PDA Site explaining why you can only craft a knive.

At the moment it is easy enough to scan the Sea Dragon by simply using the stasis rifle.
    How overpowered would it be to have weapons?

This weapon would do little damage and have a slowing effect. But having a new weapon is not the focus. It could rework the stasis rifle instead? Like 0 dmg and 2 shots per second, each causing a 15% slow for 5 sec with a drain of 3%. Something like this would work.
  • devon_harrisondevon_harrison Place Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216795Members
    They literally said they will not be adding weapons ever the the game only the essential s
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    They literally said they will not be adding weapons ever the the game only the essential s

People aren't listening.

This entire thread is basically OPs fanfic.

Energy-based health of some sort isn't a bad idea, though. As well as PRAWN multifunction arm, that would be convenient.
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    This entire thread is basically OPs fanfic.

Energy-based health of some sort isn't a bad idea, though. As well as PRAWN multifunction arm, that would be convenient.

I understand that Subnautica is not supposed to be filled with ways to kill. Weapons would not be the focus of the crash. The multitool for the PRAWN and the sheild generator would be the major loot from the crashed ship. The weapon would have like 30 shots and be very weak, along with a slowing effect on the target.

About the fanfic idea. I just feel like the story needs a little bit more.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

Shield Generators aren't actually that complex. Just making an entity invincible for a short period while displaying a shield effect, then setting a timer on when it can be used again, or how much damage needs to add up before it breaks and shuts off.

I wrote that previous comment kind of in a hurry, at the time I meant that adding the Red Falcon into the game, with its own wreck, might be kind of complicated.
    I wrote that previous comment kind of in a hurry, at the time I meant that adding the Red Falcon into the game, with its own wreck, might be kind of complicated.

I just love it how the community thinks about coding when they come up with ideas. I don't know how to code myself (well, Kahn Academy doesn't really count). All I know is that the devs have knocked out the precursor bases in a relatively small window. The steps would be along: shapeing the terrain to the crash, modeling the ship itself, adding it to the world, giving it collision, coding for the sheild gen, having it spawn just like normal fragments.

As I said I don't code so this rundown of steps could be completely wrong or missing alot.