[BUG] Can't cut open door from AURORA wreck JAN-2017 43604

MakinoMakino Sweden Join Date: 2017-02-04 Member: 227612Members
Bug: When you use your cutter to open the door it will go to 100% then the door won't fall off.
If you try to cut it again it won't work even if it shows the cutting animation. There is no way to get this door open.
If you quit and load the game another issue will appear, if you cut the door the cutter will glitch while cutting. Same result in the end.

It also looks like there is a stalker stuck inside that can attack through the door

Location is 739m north/slight north-west of startingpoint.

Output_log from first time cut:
http://pastebin.com/43qS2wcg
(Last action taken was cutting the door open)

Output_log from second time cut:
http://pastebin.com/d3QEU9fW

The door remains shut.

2589c44.png

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Hej Makino

It's happening because there are wrecks stacking on each other. Try experimental version, it seems to have been fixed there.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    See my response to your other thread (you may have to clear your cache even if you switch to experimental, but switching to experimental might prevent you from having to clear it after that, or at least from having to clear it as often).
  • WarpZone32WarpZone32 Join Date: 2016-12-13 Member: 224911Members
    edited February 2017
    Update: Tried out Experimental. Burned the saved games directory to the ground after even a full reinstall failed to delete it. And you guys are right. Let me be clear, I am DELIGHTED to finally be wrong about this. I don't know why it's happening now and not a year and a half ago, but such are the mysteries of Cowboy Game Devs.

I've been reporting this bug with F8 for fucking ever. Unknown Worlds has NO interest in or intention of fixing it. EVER. It doesn't matter how many times they release a new update. It doesn't matter if I start a new saved game. It doesn't matter if I burn the directory to the ground and download Subnautica all over again from Steam. This. Will. Never. Be. Fixed.

Myrm, I'd wager the only reason you *think* it's fixed in Experimental is because you have a shiny new saved game file. As soon as you start teching up or advancing the story or whatever the fuck magic conditions under the hood causes the extra Wrecks to spawn, (Peaceful Mode seems to prevent it, weirdly enough, I assume because there's no story,) it WILL happen again. It ALWAYS eventually happens again. Usually right about the time you make a Moonpool or loot the Grand Reef.

Currently, I get severe stuttering upon returning to the Grand Reef. All wrecks disappear the second or third time you visit them, oftentimes leaving duplicate loot suspended in the water. I'm about to start on the Blood Kelp region. If it gets any worse, I guarantee you'll hear me say something about it. Fingers crossed. No crashes so far.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited February 2017
    WarpZone32 wrote: »
    I've been reporting this bug with F8 for fucking ever. Unknown Worlds has NO interest in or intention of fixing it. EVER. It doesn't matter how many times they release a new update. It doesn't matter if I start a new saved game. It doesn't matter if I burn the directory to the ground and download Subnautica all over again from Steam. This. Will. Never. Be. Fixed.

Myrm, I'd wager the only reason you *think* it's fixed in Experimental is because you have a shiny new saved game file. As soon as you start teching up or advancing the story or whatever the fuck magic conditions under the hood causes the extra Wrecks to spawn, (Peaceful Mode seems to prevent it, weirdly enough, I assume because there's no story,) it WILL happen again. It ALWAYS eventually happens again. Usually right about the time you make a Moonpool or loot the Grand Reef.

I've been playing my new game save on experimental for 7 hours and 15 minutes now and I have still yet to see the duplication effect since starting experimental. Though I admit to still seeing some wrecks that are invisible, leaving just their content floating in the water.

If you look at the UWE Trello page (http://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/#/subnautica/production-tracker), you can see that they are actively investigating and trying to fix the duplication effect of wrecks (4 column from the left 7 posts down (from time of typing this)).
  • TheMerricatTheMerricat St. Louis, MO Join Date: 2017-02-02 Member: 227541Members
    I can confirm Myrm's assertions, I've been playing in experimental since the beginning of last week and while I've had invisible wrecks and wrecks that despawned (taking all their delicious fragments with them) the moment they were out of sight, I have yet to run into a single duplicated wreck.
    Well, I'll be damned. Pretty sure I literally suggested something like that in an angry F8 love note. It's a kludge, it's messy, it's obviously not ready for prime time, but it's damn sure better than nothing.

Here's hoping they can improve the fundamentals of world-loading/fustrum culling/ whatever the fuck the problem is until disappearing the wrecks is no longer neccessary.
    Well, it's still crashing on my end, so I don't know whether the magical disappearing wrecks would eventually give way to more duplicate doors.

What I DO know is that youtube celebrities are playing on Experimental now, and THEY are apparently running into duplicate doors! It's got the blue HUD markers in the water and everything.

I REALLY wanted this to finally be fixed, dammit. :(
  • ant_fioant_fio Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227275Members
    edited February 2017
    Wreck duplication (and door duplication by extension) is already *partially* fixed in the latest experimentals, Mark is about 600 revisions (checkins) behind the current experimental (44232 at the time of writing) in his 51st video.

Edit: To be clear, I can confirm from my own testing/observations that 43604 still had this issue.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    WarpZone32 wrote: »
    Well, it's still crashing on my end, so I don't know whether the magical disappearing wrecks would eventually give way to more duplicate doors.

What I DO know is that youtube celebrities are playing on Experimental now, and THEY are apparently running into duplicate doors! It's got the blue HUD markers in the water and everything.

I REALLY wanted this to finally be fixed, dammit. :(

I think Mark plays on Stable, and that's the Castles & Coffee update (43604).
    Oh I thought coffee was only in experimental.
    Okay the website won't let me edit or delete my previous comment, I keep clicking the gear and nothing happens, but I'm POSITIVE that when I went from Stable to Experimental, the Beacon text changes from grey to blue.

Therefore since Markiplier's text is blue, he's playing on Experimental, right?
  • skalivarskalivar Berlin, Germany Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227871Members
    I had seen this bug as well and I had the impression like its multiple doors within eachother. I didnt had enough batteries with me, but I think with enough power you could open them all. I didnt try, because I stopped playing since my save got corrupted over time with lots of crashes and freezes and frame drops currently.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    by the way, for future reference:

SCANABLE OBJECTS CAN EXPERIENCE THIS BUG TO, PARTICULARLY COMMON ARE PRAWN SUIT FRAGMENTS INSIDE WRECKS (namely on the grassy plateau and grand reef)