[45591] Mobile Vehicle Bay will drift away from original deploy location

ImaginaMagicaImaginaMagica Join Date: 2017-03-11 Member: 228824Members
edited March 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
So remember a long time ago when the lifepod would drift away from its starting location and cause all sorts of mischief?
The mobile vehicle bay has been doing that for me recently. See linked videos. First one is at night, second is in day. Look beneath the water for frame of reference. The movement is slight, but enough that I no longer leave the mvb out in the water when I am not using it.

Night video

Day video

Edit: Whoops! Been a long time since I've used bbcode. Flubbed link formatting, but its fixed now.

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I recently heard that the lifepod drift is solved by stasis rifle. If you have one, try shooting the vehicle bay.
  • ProbitasProbitas Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224009Members
    You can also try picking it up and storing it until needed again........it does have that functionality.
  • MsCendeMsCende Pacific Northwet Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225534Members
    Probitas wrote: »
    You can also try picking it up and storing it until needed again........it does have that functionality.

Easiest way to pick it up is to be standing on it and looking down. It's generally easier to find if it's in your locker waiting for you, though, rather than floating someplace. Unlike everything else you own, it doesn't seem to have a beacon attached to it.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    MsCende wrote: »
    Probitas wrote: »

Easiest way to pick it up is to be standing on it and looking down. It's generally easier to find if it's in your locker waiting for you, though, rather than floating someplace. Unlike everything else you own, it doesn't seem to have a beacon attached to it.

If that doesn't work, I've personally found it easiest to swim to the surface, bump right into the back end of the Bay, and that usually gives me the pickup rather than board action. It's a little persnickety, so don't get too discouraged.

Personally, I never leave my MBV deployed; it sails away too easily. It's either building something or stuffed in my main airlock's aux gear locker.