Why are wrecks so laggy?

ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
Whenever I approach a wreck, even the smallest ones in the kelp forest, my game DIES. Like 1fps as long as I'm looking at the wreck. I've tried clearing the cache but nothing works. Anyone know why it is so laggy? Is this something that's being worked on? It might be a problem on my part though. If anyone needs specs just ask

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Always post specs (at least dxdiag output, you can also post Speccy, see my sig) when posting about a problem.
  • prototype464prototype464 North Carolina, United States Join Date: 2017-03-16 Member: 228993Members
    edited March 2017
    Apparently someone named BoredJedi found the fix to the wrecks lag and Markiplier shared it.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\(YourSaveName)\CellsCache\ and delete the file called "BAKED-BATCH-CELLS-14-18-15.BIN"
    This fix works for me and I'm sure it will work for you.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    Apparently someone named BoredJedi found the fix to the wrecks lag and Markiplier shared it.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\(YourSaveName)\CellsCache\ and delete the file called "BAKED-BATCH-CELLS-14-18-15.BIN"
    This fix works for me and I'm sure it will work for you.

If this is the same as cache clearing than I already did it :/

Thanks though :)
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    There is a BUG that apparently occurs occasionally where the wrecks sometimes multiply upon each other within the game. (as seen when having to cut through multiple hatches in one place within a wreck)

This may be what is eating up your memory and slowing down your FPS.

I believe that the particular fix listed above might be a way to solve this problem, but if you have already completely deleted the "CellsCache" folder for your particular saved game in question, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I can only ask, do you have more than one saved game and are you sure you are deleting the correct folder/files?
    B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    There is a BUG that apparently occurs occasionally where the wrecks sometimes multiply upon each other within the game. (as seen when having to cut through multiple hatches in one place within a wreck)

This may be what is eating up your memory and slowing down your FPS.

I believe that the particular fix listed above might be a way to solve this problem, but if you have already completely deleted the "CellsCache" folder for your particular saved game in question, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I can only ask, do you have more than one saved game and are you sure you are deleting the correct folder/files?
    B)

Thanks for the information! I figured the lag was unnatural given everything else runs reletively smoothly.

Yes I did delete the cell cache folder, but not the baked batch cell above. Unless they are the same thing, then it didn't work. I'm sure I deleted the right save game folder because everything else runs smoothly. Anyway hope the devs address this when they get back :)
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I thought that the multiplying of wrecks had been fixed with the latest stable update. Certainly I have bot seen any since that update.
  • El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
    I'm more concerned with the problem of Survivor moving at a snail's pace around and inside some wrecks like gravity or water density just shot up and he's trying to swim through oatmeal. I've drowned several times because of it, not even using the Seaglide helps.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I'm more concerned with the problem of Survivor moving at a snail's pace around and inside some wrecks like gravity or water density just shot up and he's trying to swim through oatmeal. I've drowned several times because of it, not even using the Seaglide helps.

Yes, I have noticed that in at least one wreck.

Oh and the swim charge fins don't work in wrecks for some reason...

:(