Bug? power generators at secondary bases produce no power

cybotcybot Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225670Members
I have several bases, my primary base, and two smaller bases. at the secondary bases, none of the power generators are putting out any power. thermal, and bio reactor produce 0 power, when they are fully powered up. I am not sure whether its a bug, or if its something that went sideways in the save data. so on obraxis's advice I am posting a link to my savegame.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AouWDY3RtbYPgYUn5anafqNbGsOjdQ

file is 'slot0001.zip'

Comments

• dogfacesoldierdogfacesoldier U.S. Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231376Members
    There is a lot of people right now having power issues the only thing working is solar and nothing will charge. This is on the newest Experimental mode though. Don't know if your running the stable mode or not.
  • cybotcybot Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225670Members
    edited June 2017
    yeah, I discovered that trough a new save, that nuclear and solar are the only generators that work atm. I haven't tested out any of the chargers yet tho. I'm on experimental btw
  • TheoMesserTheoMesser Canada Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231385Members
    edited June 2017
    I'm having the same issue. I'm on the most recent experimental build as of this post (6 June, 2017 @ 8:00 PM CST).

I've built a base in the LZ with just a MPR and a hatch, and put a nuclear reactor in the middle. It increased the max power, but did not start creating power for the base. I tried a bioreactor, fueling it with both fish and plants, and the same thing happened.
    Thermal power didn't even raise the max power, dispite me double and triple checking that all the connectors were connected. At the thermal generator, it said that it had 0/250 power, and the number wasn't moving.
    So I abandoned that, and returned to the surface to try and see what was up. I put a base on the island, and the solar panels worked, but the same things still were happening with the bioreactor and nuclear reactor, where it was working, even exhausting the rods/fish I put in, but still no power being created.
    cory strader said he was taking a look at my save, so maybe a fix will be incoming soon
    edited June 2017
    TheoMesser wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. I'm on the most recent experimental build as of this post (6 June, 2017 @ 8:00 PM CST).

I've built a base in the LZ with just a MPR and a hatch, and put a nuclear reactor in the middle. It increased the max power, but did not start creating power for the base. I tried a bioreactor, fueling it with both fish and plants, and the same thing happened.
    Thermal power didn't even raise the max power, dispite me double and triple checking that all the connectors were connected. At the thermal generator, it said that it had 0/250 power, and the number wasn't moving.
    So I abandoned that, and returned to the surface to try and see what was up. I put a base on the island, and the solar panels worked, but the same things still were happening with the bioreactor and nuclear reactor, where it was working, even exhausting the rods/fish I put in, but still no power being created.

I seem to be seeing the same thing, although I was able to get power from a nuke reactor
  • TheoMesserTheoMesser Canada Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231385Members
    cybot wrote: »
    TheoMesser wrote: »

I seem to be seeing the same thing, although I was able to get power from a nuke reactor

Yeah for me, it was still exhausting the reactor rods, but there was no power coming. I had a solar panel hooked up too, and it was resting at 50/xxxx, despite having to refil/replace rods every half an hour. Hopefully this fixes soon, because I have no way to get power to my bases in the LR, and LZ, which is really frustrating.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    i fixed the issue, should be uploaded to steam soon (build 50132)
    edited June 2017
    Sewlek wrote: »
    i fixed the issue, should be uploaded to steam soon (build 50132)

problem with the generators is fixed, but as soon as I added a powercell charger to my lz base, all my power levels dropped to zero. it seems that the charger is sucking up all the power even when it is not charging anything. I watch the power go from 400 to 0 in a second. and now the base is fluctuating between no power and 1 power
  • ForgererForgerer Join Date: 2016-10-31 Member: 223544Members
    Some generators like the solar panels, and the bioreactor do not work together if you install the solar panels first and then fabricate a bioreactor it is as if the bioreactor is none existent. That is why it is best to find the nuclear reactor it is the most effective power source.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    As of update 50211, neither power cell chargers nor bioreactors work that way.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Forgerer wrote: »
    Some generators like the solar panels, and the bioreactor do not work together if you install the solar panels first and then fabricate a bioreactor it is as if the bioreactor is none existent. That is why it is best to find the nuclear reactor it is the most effective power source.

I did not have this experience. I first built a couple of solar panels, then a bioreactor later and it all worked fine together. Power in general is glitchy these days, so you may have had other factors that caused that behavior.
    I found it interesting that the drain caused by the chargers continues for me even after I deconstructed them. I did notice a minor change in the descriptions for the power generators, indicating that a nuke reactors was needed for bases that had a alien containment. I have not tried to deconstruct my alien containment to see if issue disappears or not, but as an alternative, once I find the fragments for the nuke reactor. if the issue disappears once I install the said reactor, then that is likely the cause now, a change in how the power generators work, as well as changes to the power draw of certain base parts.
    went back to my primary base to find that the solar/bio reactor combo was no longer providing enough power to the base. power would build to 2-3 and then drop to 0 again. I have like 6 solar panels and one bio reactor, but that still doesn't seem to be enough to power the base. the save from the original post is still valid for seeing the issue occurring. I noticed at my ALZ base, that while I had plenty of power, it was slowly decreasing until it reached 0 (from 1000 something power) my ALZ base is pretty simple with only a powercell charger, a battery charger, and 2 story an alien containment tank. there isn't anything that should be drawing so much power. I also noticed the thermal generators were still having trouble reaching full output, even though they are built right next to the lava lake. with an environment temp of 70c, there should be plenty of heat to power the thermal gens. still searching for the nuke reactor fragments, so cant try that yet.