[Bug] Bases can only be powered by solar panels [FIXED]

baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
edited November 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Experimental build #50078

I've built and fueled a bioreactor, as well as placed thermal generators right on the edge of an active lava geyser, and they do not generate additional power for the base at all. (In the case of the bioreactor, max energy goes up by 500 but the base will not reach max.)

Comments

• gabycelgabycel Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231369Members
    The same thing for me but I have one more a nuclear reactor and 4 solar panels
  • gabycelgabycel Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231369Members
    It is the water maker that pumps all the power
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    It sounds like they have begun the huge project of re-balancing the power system. Sounds like they increased the power usage of the base before increasing the output of the reactors.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    This isn't really a problem with power usage. It's power not being generated at all by anything that isn't a solar panel. Apparently this also ties into the problem of battery chargers, power cell chargers, and moonpools simply not recharging at all.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    This one is definitely taken care of.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    Pretty sure I'm on 50078, but I haven't seen this one myself.

Inconsistent bug, I wonder what conditions trigger it. Does this happen if you build a different base in another location? Might be worth testing.
    This bug has been fixed.
  • pixel_pusherpixel_pusher at may house Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231542Members
    i built a base , put up a few rooms scanner room fabricator ect
    i put up some solar panels up they worked fine for about 2 in game days and then the power just reads 0/0 or 0/700
    the point is even though the solar panels say that they have charge in them the base doesn't .
    i built a base , put up a few rooms scanner room fabricator ect
    i put up some solar panels up they worked fine for about 2 in game days and then the power just reads 0/0 or 0/700
    the point is even though the solar panels say that they have charge in them the base doesn't .

You know you don't need to post this on every thread, right? There are better ways to raise your comment count.

In any case, you don't say if you're using Stable or Experimental, or which version#. There's a post titled "How-to Report Gameplay Bugs!" and you should probably look it over.