Subnautica Trading Cards!

RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
And backgrounds and emotes!

I got my Badge maxed out just now (EVEN GOT A SEA DRAGON FOIL CARD I AM HAPPY) and have just one question..... Okay two.
First, there's a Reaper Levi emoticon. Are there emoti's for the Sea Dragon and Ghost Levi too?
Second, is there Backgrounds for the Blood Kelp and Lava Castle?

I have to say, them backgrounds look AWESOME as profile backgrounds <3

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    When those thing went live some people were selling the cards for hundreds of pounds.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    When those thing went live some people were selling the cards for hundreds of pounds.

Ouch xD

I mean I love Subnautica but um... If I was gonna be spending that sort of money, I'd want it be going to the devs ya'know? ^^

Thankfully the cards I found were all 50c or less, but I'm sure there were still some "Are you serious?" prices mixed in with those 500 ~ 600 cards being sold.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    I didn't pay anymore than 0.10 cents on any of my cards. Were people really buying them for more???

And this is a silly question, but when you say maxed out your badge, is there a level beyond the peeper badge? This is the first game I've ever actively bought cards to get a badge so I'm woefully uninformed on the whole process.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I got Two Stalkers, Two Crabsquids, a peeper and one more I can't remember. I'll share them after i'm home from school.

School sucks lmao.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Wheeljack wrote: »
    I didn't pay anymore than 0.10 cents on any of my cards. Were people really buying them for more???

And this is a silly question, but when you say maxed out your badge, is there a level beyond the peeper badge? This is the first game I've ever actively bought cards to get a badge so I'm woefully uninformed on the whole process.

If I remember correctly each steam badge has a few levels and a different (usually more colorful/detailed) icon for every one of them. You "level up" your badge by completing another set of cards and crafting another badge out of them. There's also a special badge crafted from foil versions of the cards.

And yeah, I got one double card and sold it for about 25$. Not much, considering how expensive the cards were at the very beginning, but still an insane price for a thing like that. Guess some people have more money than common sense. ;)
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited January 2018
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Wheeljack wrote: »

If I remember correctly each steam badge has a few levels and a different (usually more colorful/detailed) icon for every one of them. You "level up" your badge by completing another set of cards and crafting another badge out of them. There's also a special badge crafted from foil versions of the cards.

And yeah, I got one double card and sold it for about 25$. Not much, considering how expensive the cards were at the very beginning, but still an insane price for a thing like that. Guess some people have more money than common sense. ;)

One thing I'd also like to point out about the badges is that you can't "go backwards". If you really like the look of a badge but there's more after it, then if you level it up Steam only lets you feature that version. The next badge up might not look very good to you, so if you really like a badge you probably should just leave it be.

I hope they change that someday, would be nice to feature lower level badges instead of just the most current one.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    All this stuff about cards and badges is just completely confusing to me. I've had them show up for various Steam games but I have no idea how they work or what to do with them.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    All this stuff about cards and badges is just completely confusing to me. I've had them show up for various Steam games but I have no idea how they work or what to do with them.

You earn them by playing the game. It's random chance weather you get a rare one or not.