Development Blog Update - Unknown Worlds Podcast #24 - NS2 First Prototypes

12346»

Comments

• ArmoredPriapismArmoredPriapism Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58440Members
    Because we didn't realize Dear Leader wouldn't approve of us talking about what should or shouldn't be included in NS2. I'm sorry, wrong thread.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1680884:date=Jun 10 2008, 10:44 PM:name=ArmoredPriapism)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ArmoredPriapism @ Jun 10 2008, 10:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1680884"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Because we didn't realize Dear Leader wouldn't approve of us talking about what should or shouldn't be included in NS2. I'm sorry, wrong thread.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think that's sarcastic, but it's hard to tell whether that's all of it or just part of it. Combat isn't going to be in NS2, at least not supported by the devs. That's what <b>Buzzou</b> was referring too I think.
  • BigTextBigText Join Date: 2007-12-21 Member: 63231Members
    Okay, I'd REALLY like a new update. What sucks is that whining here would accomplish absolutely nothing, but there's not much left to discuss.
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    edited June 2008
    <!--quoteo(post=1680924:date=Jun 11 2008, 11:03 AM:name=BigText)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigText @ Jun 11 2008, 11:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1680924"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->but there's not much left to discuss.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'll take up that challenge. Anyone have any thoughts on what the "scrums" mentioned in the podcast are reference to? Maybe tools to help clans scrimmage/pug? Maybe a different kind of demo file recording or options related to that. Anyone have any other possible definitions?

Looking at the minimap it looks like fog of war is in effect. Any thoughts on how this affects gameplay? What kind of scouting should be available if this is the case?

And what about the EMP/Nervegas/shockwave? Is this an attachment/ammo round that pushes players back, or stuns them(I hope not), or does player damage in an AoE(like spores)?
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1680925:date=Jun 11 2008, 08:57 AM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(locallyunscene @ Jun 11 2008, 08:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1680925"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll take up that challenge. Anyone have any thoughts on what the "scrums" mentioned in the podcast are reference to? Maybe tools to help clans scrimmage/pug? Maybe a different kind of demo file recording or options related to that. Anyone have any other possible definitions?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry, it's not anything as interesting as that: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development)" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development)</a>
    <!--quoteo(post=1680933:date=Jun 11 2008, 03:13 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Jun 11 2008, 03:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1680933"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry, it's not anything as interesting as that: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development)" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development)</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually I find that pretty interesting. Are you guys finishing up a "30-day-sprint" soon then?