Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 178 Released

124»

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1850966:date=Jun 8 2011, 10:10 PM:name=dux)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dux @ Jun 8 2011, 10:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1850966"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kouji, next time, can you say smoke and a pancake?

I'm sorry.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Enjoy ;)

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEWSsNh3vqI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEWSsNh3vqI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
    <div align='center'><a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/kouji82#p/a/u/0/oEWSsNh3vqI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/user/kouji82#p/a/u/0/oEWSsNh3vqI</a></div>

[edit]
    I get pwnd way too much, obviously the game is lagging too much for me. It's the FPS man!!! J/K
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    edited June 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1851147:date=Jun 9 2011, 10:19 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Jun 9 2011, 10:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1851147"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I get pwnd way too much, obviously the game is lagging too much for me. It's the FPS man!!! J/K<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it's cause i wasn't there this time.
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    edited June 2011
    The new (Robotics Factory and Arms Lab) models look rushed, undefined and, well... boring. They don't have any visually distinguishing features. The Robotics Factory can be identified by it's size alone, and I suppose for something like a Robotics Factory, in reality it probably wouldn't be stylized and individuated, but from a game-play perspective I'd much rather break the fiction and be able to identify structures easily amidst combat.

As for the Arms Lab... it looks like someone put an Armory in a trash compactor. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if UWE said they took the top and bottom half of the armory and made a new model.

Anyone else see this?
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    They said the Arms Lab is a placeholder structure in the release video. It will look better in the future. I think the Robotics factory looks fine.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    One more annoying thing is nades sometimes bounce behind you straight out of the gun for no apparent reason, also i don't think they should bounce off marines when they get in the way, overall they feel pretty useless and underpowered at the moment.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    I think the reason is could b if you are running forward and fire, the marine's body might be ahead of the grenade, so the grenade bounces off the marine's back???

The robotics factory, in it's final state, will create the ARC and then the ARC will roll out from inside - is that right? I went inside the ARC in spectator mode and inside is the same size as the ARC and it's textured so we're supposed to see it at some point that would be cool.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    if they're going to upgrade the robot factory art, i'd like to see it look more mechanical ie. gears moving, steam escaping, etc.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Oh oh, did you see the 0hp and 0armor dash for my life in the vid. That is a bug fershure :P