Doorway Admirers

2»

Comments

• MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=2055415:date=Jan 3 2013, 07:49 PM:name=gsx00)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gsx00 @ Jan 3 2013, 07:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2055415"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you have a jetpack the onos should not be able to outrun you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Depends on how long the corridors are? If he gets one nice long corridor and uses charge to dash thru it, you'll have trouble catching him with a jetpack.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    yeah, might be able to capture, but it always feels like overextending. when you have two marines far from home protecting two rts. discretion is the better part of valor.
  • MattmysterMattmyster Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175669Members
    An onos uses energy to run away. Without it, it's not much faster than a marine.

It's takes energy to charge into a room and energy to attack. A good alien will retreat before their health or energy gets too low.

A good way to stop them is the Flame Thrower. I've mentioned this in another post, but flame throwers drain energy (or at least stop it from regenerating). Set an onos on fire and you'll be able to chase on foot. Just don't get too many flame throwers for the team, they are weak against aliens (compared to LMG), causes marines to run slower and have limited range. You need your team mates to do the killing for you.

This technique works with lerks and fades too.

BTW- Within the first 10 minutes of a game, unless we have objectives and\or are working as a team, I make it a priority to destroy any cysts I find. That early game denial can really get the team ahead - cap a hive or double res.