ENSL NA Div 1 Finals (Nexzil v All-In), Jan 27th, 2013

Comments

• FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2067708:date=Jan 27 2013, 09:37 PM:name=TSADrone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TSADrone @ Jan 27 2013, 09:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067708"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The best part was the suicide bile bombs almost worked, the camo rush did work, and the sentries would have worked had all-in been able to aim and position better. This match really highlighted for me how overblown the difference between comp and pub is. Sure it gets talked up to huge levels, but really the only difference is slightly better aim and organization.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm sure you'd go 20-0 as a skulk vs their 'slightly better aim'.
    #nope
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    Christ that marathon game was great, 10+ fade kills seems nuts even in pubs people would have given up, probably shows just how strong a lone gorge with 5 seconds can do to a base. Also highlights the difference between people who 'main' some aliens (colt on fade, gliss on lerk) vs the people who just pick it up, the skill difference was incredible especially with all ins fades dying 2-3 times per 1 colt death. Was weird seeing only 1 crag on that ET hive when you had 80+ tres once the 2 SG JP took out carnage? on fade but marathon game.

What the ###### was with the close spawn in a comp game (only power node death I've seen outside a tech point) and both teams losing marines on veil, I realise it was a camo rush but surely seeing nothing for 20-30 seconds in the opening stages of the game must have clicked something, would have loved to heard nexils chat.

Really hoped to see better marine games from all in, especially watching edak in previous rounds it felt like they had no good aim going, gliss had to be MVP for nexil and colt for all in, would love to know if either of them recorded their first person and could upload it somewhere.

So much haterade as well in the forums, if you weren't impressed by gliss lerk/aim or colt fade in tram then nothing will.
  • SkackySkacky Join Date: 2005-06-05 Member: 53189Members
    Gliss was absolutely amazing in game 1 in System Waypointing, that was some of the best Lerk play I've seen so far. And yeah I believe Colt had 40/10 at some point in Tram, that was nuts.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Circular logic up in here.
    Whatever competitive players do is correct, because they are competitive players. All they need now is a competitive bible.
  • ShinoShino Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173316Members
    The reason why we had one crag on ET was because it was meant to be a suicide distraction. I wanted nexzil to pull their team so we could properly defend at warehouse, and it (relatively) worked. They spread out a lot more, let us kill the arcs, and let us position ourselves a LOT better. The hive was relatively free (We had a lot of fades already, had a bunch of eggs too) so I figured they would split their pressure to get a free hive kill.

The camo rush worked because not only did we engage them once, but because nexzil never builds an obs within the first five minutes of the game. We could have suicided three more times and have achieved the same outcome.
    <!--quoteo(post=2067734:date=Jan 28 2013, 09:00 AM:name=Shino)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shino @ Jan 28 2013, 09:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067734"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The camo rush worked because not only did we engage them once, but because nexzil never builds an obs within the first five minutes of the game. We could have suicided three more times and have achieved the same outcome.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Impossible, nexzil are a competitive team, and therefore could not have made such a mistake. It must be you that made the mistake.
    What's that, you also play in a competitive team?
    <b>does not compute. error. error. </b>
  • SkackySkacky Join Date: 2005-06-05 Member: 53189Members
    You know there are different build orders, right? Getting a fast observatory isn't the only way to go.
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    Actually, you rushed right as I was getting out to put more mines down and build the obs. If you had hit just a tiny bit later it likely wouldn't have worked.
    <!--quoteo(post=2067742:date=Jan 28 2013, 09:16 AM:name=Virsoul)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Virsoul @ Jan 28 2013, 09:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067742"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually, you rushed right as I was getting out to put more mines down and build the obs. If you had hit just a tiny bit later it likely wouldn't have worked.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why are you so bad? I thought 360-no-scope-mining was known by all competitive players?
  • ShinoShino Join Date: 2012-11-26 Member: 173316Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2067743:date=Jan 27 2013, 11:21 PM:name=|strofix|)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (|strofix| @ Jan 27 2013, 11:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067743"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why are you so bad? I thought 360-no-scope-mining was known by all competitive players?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What's wrong with you?
  • edaKulousedaKulous Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72808Members
    I just have to say yes I was off my game on shooting... Sorry to disappoint :(

But bottom line I don't believe it would of made a huge difference.

I'm just here to say, Nexzil deserved that win and I'm not upset in the least bit. I'm friends and close to majority of them, and couldnt be happier for them. They practiced hard and played harder. They are much more organized and team oriented. In my opinion, we only made it this far because of pure indivual skill. I won't make up excuses for why we lost, or bad mouth anyone. We have the potential to be a great team, we just started very late at coming together and have many kinks to work out. Next season I believe will be different for us. I had a blast and even surprised we won any of those games.

Congrats to Nexzil. Well played guys.
  • KilledByDeathKilledByDeath Join Date: 2012-12-26 Member: 176308Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aliens win a competitive final 5-0! This and another news at 11.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ok, ok, first off, everyone saying aliens were the winning card here, ###### off. The game is balanced just fine and marines actually have an advantage on both veil AND tram (they lost veil due to cheese or would have won imo). All-In just couldn't shoot for ######, in any of their marine games, and nexzil messed up their strats so badly on tram it didn't matter. (If you take out 12 fades, you should win...). After killing 4 fades immediately when they got jp's, the game should have been over and warehouse should have gone down. The win had nothing to do with All-In being aliens and everything to do with nexzil playing stupidly.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Aliens won every game because they caught us by surprise with the camo rush, and then on Tram we just played like garbage tactically. Shooting was fantastic, lots of Fades and higher lifeforms dead, but no ground gained.

The funny thing though is how no one here can appreciate this scene at all, if we want the game to grow but we just sit around saying how garbage everyone is.. is that really a good thing for positive growth?

The type of posts and content I've read here is either flat out negative or completely ignorant. It's just really sad to see this kind of feedback.
    Fades didn't die, everyone is hallucinating. I have it on good authority that fades can't be killed in competitive.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2067789:date=Jan 28 2013, 12:49 PM:name=|strofix|)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (|strofix| @ Jan 28 2013, 12:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067789"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fades didn't die, everyone is hallucinating. I have it on good authority that fades can't be killed in competitive.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can smell the mad.
    edited January 2013
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Elitism? Isn't Nxzl the team that founded a community effort for teaching players interested in competition.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    strofix: I love how you admitted in another thread about ns2_veil imbalances that you're annoyed by the fact that you want to play competitively and show your skill, yet your geographical location prevents that...

<!--quoteo(post=2067383:date=Jan 27 2013, 04:45 PM:name=|strofix|)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (|strofix| @ Jan 27 2013, 04:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe I simply feel that competitive players are undeserving because it has always annoyed me that I am so good, but live in a location which makes me unable to demonstrate it. It almost makes me want to join international servers again, to perhaps come up against someone that isn't a walkover.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

... and yet every comment of yours on these threads is a one-liner bashing competitive games and competitive players. Sounds like a classic case of butthurt.

Any of you bashing competitive play, please feel free to compile a group of 6 public players and take a scrim against any competitive clan out there, and see for yourself how easily you will get steamrolled. The burden of proof does not lie on us competitive players, we've already done that. Take your money where your mouth is.
    edited January 2013
  • GrueneMedizinGrueneMedizin Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 175008Members
    Ouch this thread is almost like the chat, I was enjoying the game a lot. There are just a few things I can't understand like nxzl not getting armor 3 on tram or sending the Exos without any support at all.
    Just ignore people like strofix people, he's obviously trolling.
  • TSADroneTSADrone Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173807Members
    edited January 2013
    NS2 competitive scene isn't going anywhere anyway just based on broken game fundamentals. I doubt calling out bad play from the self titled "best players in NA" can do any more damage. UWE should just forget about it, comp is becoming the special ed of the NS2 world.
  • BoBiNoUBoBiNoU Join Date: 2007-12-27 Member: 63274Members
    Last game on tram was really nice.

I still dont understand though while there is only 1 tie breaking round especially given the balance state of the game and maps :/
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I do think that NA skill compared to NA NS1 is somewhat disappointing, but overall in terms of active NA NS2 players I think anyone posting here on the forums saying they could do better is completely full of ######.

You guys are more than welcome to provide proof of your 'skill' with some IGNs from NS2 or NS1.
    <!--quoteo(post=2067812:date=Jan 28 2013, 02:19 PM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Jan 28 2013, 02:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067812"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You guys are more than welcome to provide proof of your 'skill' with some IGNs from NS2 or NS1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Do you hold the fabled book of names, namekeeper?
  • ColtColtColtColt Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153707Members
    To chime in on my thought and reflections regarding these finals and this thread.

The camo-cheese game was more of us wondering if they'd be able to counteract it/expect it, and it played out in our favor. We actually had a reserve skulk (Me) waiting to poof a potential relocation. I was sitting in Sub with the forward marine. Fortunately, the comm hopped out assuming it to be a scout or lone skulk (I presume?) and died for it.

The lenghty tram round (All-In Aliens) was a really good game. What people miss out on (Much like the All-In vs inversion semifinals on Veil where we played as Marines) is that when two really decent teams of people go against each other, a lot of the time, the game spirals into a fairly uncontrolled state due to the fact that you know you've got to counter other players who aren't just push-overs. In a pub, you can use the same reliable stomp-strats and positions; in a small game like 6v6 where *no one* is a total pushover, it's very easy for the game to go into a chaotic state (As we saw on that tram game for sure). There were several good arc pushes on Ware, and unfortunately, it was a 5/6v5/6 consistently throughout Ore (and then Hub) for most of the match, due to the neccesity of this kind of engagement in 6v6 late-game, where downing pres is more crucial than harassing outlying RT's. Thus why we saw Elevator switch hands so many times (And so many fades go down and come back up).
    I'll definitely concede there is a lot in global-spectator hindsight for both teams to have improved on (Greivous errors made, no doubt as well).

The final round, we had *never* utilized such a strat before, and it was a bit of a test-run for us. I honestly think we should have won that round, if we had simply been a little more on our marine game in the first 1-3 minutes. We lost the initial engagement at Comp Lab, and over-committed to the recovery too quickly with too little result. I suspect the strategy actually caught Nxzl off guard for the first moments, but we simply didn't have it up and running until too late. Was a good learning experience.

Regarding our marine rounds in general, we did pretty poorly in terms of personal aim. It happens. Can't do great every day; some you win, some you lose. Accuracy drops in correlation to the skill of the skulk players you're against, to be honest. That's okay.

Regarding TSADrone/Strofix/Other Guy I can't Remember from Page 1 whose entire post collection is nothing but trolling and useless rants,

You're awful. We've all been laughing at your bad posts and totally ignorant attitudes for the duration of your existence on the forums. Continue amusing us as we (all of us, even Shino) go 30:0 on you in pubs, all day, all night, and get "Banned for hacking" for having one or two of any of us (Nxzl, inv, All-In, any other team you care to name) against you. By all means, write up some retort... it's useless, because your gameplay and attitude about "Pubs with Rookies Being > Competitive Scene" is just flatly hilarious, and most of us just giggle as you make yourselves look like total clowns.

Overall, superb matches my dear sirs and madames. It was a pleasure, as always, and congratulations to Nxzl on the win. I suspect if we ever manage to actually get teamwork mixed in with our individual ability to a higher level, you'll be in trouble. Til' then, smooth sailin' on the pubby seas.

Sincerely,
    All-In | Colt
  • GrueneMedizinGrueneMedizin Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 175008Members
    I actually think if marines would've gone in their main in the last game after killing off most skulks and egglock them, they would've won. Tense games nonetheless, keep it up guys.
    <!--quoteo(post=2067816:date=Jan 28 2013, 02:23 PM:name=ColtColt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColtColt @ Jan 28 2013, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067816"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You're awful. We've all been laughing at your bad posts and totally ignorant attitudes for the duration of your existence on the forums. Continue amusing us as we (all of us, even Shino) go 30:0 on you in pubs, all day, all night, and get "Banned for hacking" for having one or two of any of us (Nxzl, inv, All-In, any other team you care to name) against you. By all means, write up some retort... it's useless, because your gameplay and attitude about "Pubs with Rookies Being > Competitive Scene" is just flatly hilarious, and most of us just giggle as you make yourselves look like total clowns.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your arrogance is most entertaining. Fair enough that you would call out someone whom you stomp 30-0 in a game for calling you bad, but you don't even know who we are. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, yet you feel so confident that you presumptuously assume that you must be better. All the while berating us for assuming that we know anything about competitive games. You are the ones that have killed this games competitive scene. Don't even try and put it on anyone else.

You see, when the competitive scene is booming, and you make remarks like you just did, it merely insights the desire to beat you in other competitive players. Unfortunately, NS2 has about 20 actively participating teams, so there isn't much to insight. Meanwhile everyone else that would compete merely thinks "wow, look at that jackass".

But that's fine, continue to preach your godliness for doing so well in such a limited community. Keep thinking that a group of counter strike players wouldn't decimate you with their superior aim in a matter of seconds, if they cared enough about this tiny little game. Keep glorifying your aim in this once strategic game. You're just turning the whole scene into COD.
  • sharnrocksharnrock Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166084Members
    I've played with many of the players on both of those teams. They are ridiculously good players. Even players from the weaker NA teams that compete and lost in the preliminary matches can single handily stack a pub game.

Nxzl wasn't looking their best on Tram, and that probably had a lot to do with the length of the game. People start to wander off and lose focus (according to a couple players of theirs; kinda paraphrasing). It was a bad game, and painful to watch, but you can see in any of the earlier matches; Nexzil usually has their ###### together.

That being said, it's a lot easier to play the game from spectator mode.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    I would say ive been around the scene both NS1 and NS2.. im sure most comp NS2 players know of me atleast - and Im pretty sure I know most of the people worth knowing. Im just curious to see who you actually are, as theres alot of people that try to talk the talk, but certainly cant walk the walk.

And as an FYI I played 1.6 with some pretty crazy good people, some of who went on to win some serious $$.