Last Stand 2.0 released!

13»

Comments

• McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    It would also be easy enough to add delay thresholds. So, something like:
    //Check the number of aliens in spawn queue after Z seconds.
    If number of aliens queued >  X then
        spawn Y aliens
    end
    //(Set X and Y according to current alien team size). Could a percentage of team size, percentage of total queued, etc.

You could even go further, and have the interval that alien spawn queue is checked, change according to game state. Simple example, increase spawn rate the more marines are "physically" close to alien spawn area. Long story short, there are many ways to solve this in a way that should handle large or small games. It's just a matter of finding one that matches the desired game tempo.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'll take a look and see what fits
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    LS got an update on the 2nd of Nov.
    What's the update about? Compatibility with build259?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I "attempted" to fix the Alien spawn bug, thanks sewlek! Turns out LS was made before first person spectate so you would spectate until there was no one left to spectate
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Is this still being made? I stumbled upon the original "mod jam" video from UWE, and now I REALLY REALLY want to play this!
    edited November 2013
    It's been finished for a while now.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Oh... well I need to find a server that's playing this then... (maybe talk to wyz? hehehe)
    For a few weeks, there has been a LS-server up (I think it was a HBZ server), but it's down now. :(
    It was the only one in the EU area.
    So that everyone can be super jelly and want to come play it, Last Stand still works, and we played a few rounds in Gibs Gorge Hut. I can guarantee it will be played again as everyone loved it.
    @SteveRock should take a minute out of his busy schedule to play with us sometime ;)
    edited January 2014
    Would love to see RedDog casting some LS rounds....this mod really needs more attention.
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for keeping up the mod! Bug @hugh about casting it too. He was largely responsible for the overall design.