27 Days Later

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Paajtor wrote: »
    We had "something big coming up" in Oct. last year, remember?
    I hope they don't make that same mistake twice. :-\"

Well, at least for those of us who attended the NS2WC it was frikkin awesome, and Hugh made no understatement.
    I understand that it's not the same for everyone else, though.

When I found out it was NS2WC, I facepalmed so hard.

Not that I think it was bad, but it was not something that greatly appealed to everyone.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Going to laugh if it's Combat trailer and hype.

The Combat guys have already stated on a couple of occasions, this is nothing to do with them and they are also eagerly awaiting whatever news comes out about NS2.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    We've established it's about NS2, but small or big, I just hope it's impact won't be put out of proportion. I love NS2, and am very passionate about it, even with NSWC being a resounding success, it's initial reception had a strong back-fire effect.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    It has to do with NS2, little if anything of anything else.
    Lots of big, lots of small.
    Not fluffy and cute.
    Nothing to do with the tools being updated.
    Nothing to do with rockets launching.
    Definitely released in 2014.
    It's being tested very thoroughly.
    Includes something I've been slaving over for 3 months, eagerly waiting for the public to see it.

Not enough. :p
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Build 265 = NS3!?!??
    It has to do with NS3
    You're right Benson.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Probably a Map release....
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    well at least we now know
    so if it's actual new content, it's either something new and unexpected or something making a comeback from ns1.
    in the first case, speculation is pretty much in vain. in the second case, the only thing that comes to my mind is... nukes! anything else? i think devour is still off the table.
  • PolskaKielbasaPolskaKielbasa Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187917Members, Reinforced - Silver
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Roobubba wrote: »
    I'm hoping it involves the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg!!

It would be quite interesting if it was something to do with the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm hoping it involves the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg!!

It would be quite interesting if it was something to do with the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg

Indeed, the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg is something we have been waiting for!
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2014
    Lots of big, lots of small.
    Not fluffy and cute.
    Nothing to do with rockets launching.
    Definitely released in 2014.
    It's being tested very thoroughly.
    Too long for a haiku.
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Includes something I've been slaving over for 3 months, eagerly waiting for the public to see it.

Why don't you/UWE tell us and put the loyal, OCD NS lovers who are on theese forums way too much out of our misery.
    Sure keep it from the casual ns player but we are like family now right? :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    Has nothing to do with a MAC port
    Its success is crucial for NS2 which is why we are making sure its as perfect as it can be. There is no longer the pressure of testing multiple projects within a deadline, so we are able to focus 100% on testing this patch.
    Ok, so you've created a customisation system and NS2 is going F2P...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    CCTEE wrote: »

Indeed, the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg is something we have been waiting for!

I don't know, the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg would be awesome but does the lovely community-made-but as-yet-unusable-due-to-modding-restrictions marine smg/lmg fill a role? :\
    Has nothing to do with a MAC port
    Its success is crucial for NS2 which is why we are making sure its as perfect as it can be. There is no longer the pressure of testing multiple projects within a deadline, so we are able to focus 100% on testing this patch.

Now you really got me interested.
    Gonna go with fixing the matchmaking system... or that's part of it? Idk. If it is a part of it, i hope that's not all, tbh. Rather have the actual in-game experience improved. Just my opinion, though.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    RapGod wrote: »
    Gonna go with fixing the matchmaking system... or that's part of it? Idk. If it is a part of it, i hope that's not all, tbh. Rather have the actual in-game experience improved. Just my opinion, though.
    I know it probably won't even be mentioned in the upcoming build, but I still have some hope for the Last Stand mod.
    But who knows, as SamusDroid is involved anyway.

• DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Jekt wrote: »
    Pro Tip: The secrecy is so annoying at this point. Hype is generated by announcements with substance. Not vague hand wavy statements by NDA'd community members.

Unfortunately we cannot make those decisions. It's Hugh's call on what to release. I agree with you: it's always frustrating to be told there's "something" but never given any actual information, delayed release dates, promises that it will be big, etc. It's not enjoyable for you or for the team. I'd love to see more information and general ideas being shared. Keep the details hush, maybe one or two big things quiet, but give everyone a general picture of what is in the works.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    All I know is that if Samusdroid is heavily involved, the quality will be good, whatever it is, judging by his work in mods and how quickly he generates bug fixes.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2014
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Great first post, @FlappyLerk4Lyfe‌ ;)

Don't forget his join date. B-)
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    For me, (anyone else, chime in if they feel the same) I'm just afraid to be disappointed. I think anyone who's passionate about NS2 would be.

Understand that for the people involved with developing this next build, nothing would give them greater joy than to see their hard work validated and appreciated.
    and for the community, to provide the necessary feedback (and constructive criticisms) for the next build in order for the game to continue to improve for everyone to enjoy.

I think it's reasonable to have ones expectations be properly set. Say if it were public knowledge that what the next build's goals were achieve.
    Small tweaks?, Critical Bug Fixes (Unknown Player Listing, cough cough)?, Additions and goodies? Cool, can't wait to experience whatever it is.

It might even keep players from leaving because some vicious bug which was preventing them from playing was addressed.
    Or heck, it might even bring players back because the direction may look more appealing than previous states.

That feeling one gets when your overwhelmed with change, no matter if it's all fantastic and perfect, can be discomforting when people feel like they're "behind" all of a sudden and have to study up.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    I don't really enjoy surprises much and would prefer to just be told what is going on. For example I have already wiki'd what happens in GoT and haven't read the books, so you know how serious I am when I make that statement.