Work Continues! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• Shovel_FighterShovel_Fighter UWE PT Team Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202443Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Shadow Onos & Fade! Finaly! So Awesome, thx alot for that to happen! :D
  • ReapMysterReapMyster Australia Join Date: 2014-01-11 Member: 192954Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Soooo.... is anything happening? The trello board looks pretty untouched.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Work is continuing to continue.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    You say that, but it feels more like no one is doing anything for this game anymore x)

Well, except mendasp
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Standby to standby.
  • ReapMysterReapMyster Australia Join Date: 2014-01-11 Member: 192954Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    If I stand by any more I may as well not even be a bystander.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Plushies or Build Machine first? I take your bets.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Is the new build machine made from secret nasa stuff?
    I dont want to be rude but i could build a new build machine in around one day (Ordering the parts and wait 1 day till they arrive incl.)
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Coming fall 2009

;D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2015
    @depara, from page 2 of this thread. A picture is worth a thousand words sometimes.
    McGlaspie wrote: »
    For anyone who was interested/curious, here is what the CDT's new Build-System is composed of:
    Ei2Mxse.png
    Granted, that's an over simplified diagram, it still shows the gist of it.
    If there is enough interest I might do a write up at some point in the future.

*flies back to build-system land*

• meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I hope the new build machine works better than the EM drive!
    If it 'works' while it's switched off, I'd start asking questions :P
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    ... rate of approximately 10^8 gigaf*cks...

LOLOLOLOL Where can I get some gigaf*cks for myself?
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This gave us the space to design and fit a new sub-atomic heatsink that has a thermal dissipation rate of approximately 10^8 gigaf*cks. Amaziballs! This should allow the CDT to generate NS2 builds at a rate of 4^7 a minute. Highly efficient and worth the wait.
    Who the hell uses exponents with base number 4 in their notations? At least use base number 2 lmao. 4^7 = 2^14... You know, for a second there I thought that maybe you don't work for NASA at all... Also kind of strange to use exponent notations AND the prefix "Giga" with your f*cks units. 10^8 gigaf*cks = 10^17 f*cks.

Is gigaf*cks the standard unit these days? Technology is evolving so rapidly I can hardly keep up.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes, it's highly secretive. I could lose my life for making this post. I've been working out of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory for several months now. Working with a team of 42 scientists. I'll say this, it's been very difficult figuring out how to integrate NASA's new EM-Drive into the CDT's Build-Nexus. But, I think we've got the quantum entanglement factors resolved now, so work can continue!

Pro-Tip: Whenever you're designing and building a new build system from scratch, don't make LEO (Low Earth Orbit) part of the requirements. Although, by utilizing an EM-Drive in our orbital Build-System-Nexus-of-Awesomeness, we've eliminated the need to have onboard propellent! This gave us the space to design and fit a new sub-atomic heatsink that has a thermal dissipation rate of approximately 10^8 gigaf*cks. Amaziballs! This should allow the CDT to generate NS2 builds at a rate of 4^7 a minute. Highly efficient and worth the wait.

Yes but have you ensured the flux capacitor is fully working to ensure once you hit 88mph you're generating 1.21 gigaf*cks atleast!?
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Add an external cooler to the dip-gyro and make sure the WAM is not overheating or you go nowhere m8! ;)
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2015
    Yes, it's highly secretive. I could lose my life for making this post. I've been working out of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory for several months now. Working with a team of 42 scientists. I'll say this, it's been very difficult figuring out how to integrate NASA's new EM-Drive into the CDT's Build-Nexus. But, I think we've got the quantum entanglement factors resolved now, so work can continue!

Pro-Tip: Whenever you're designing and building a new build system from scratch, don't make LEO (Low Earth Orbit) part of the requirements. Although, by utilizing an EM-Drive in our orbital Build-System-Nexus-of-Awesomeness, we've eliminated the need to have onboard propellent! This gave us the space to design and fit a new sub-atomic heatsink that has a thermal dissipation rate of approximately 10^8 gigaf*cks. Amaziballs! This should allow the CDT to generate NS2 builds at a rate of 4^7 a minute. Highly efficient and worth the wait.

Meanwhile far far away:
    j67i6ipv99of.png

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    i kind of expected this update like in february, is it getting close to ready?
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2015
    Im probably going to loose my license for this but, i know the secret...

CDT are in talks with UWE to make ns2 a standalone and it'll only cost us £15! #HYPE

But yeah you guys should really tell people what your actually working on because we have been down this road before.

And FYI a new build machine means zilch to a thick skulled community troll like my self. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

• LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2015
    The build machine, is what allows us to make internal patches send to pts allow people to commit changes to code etc, then when ready it will send the patch to steam so you all can get it. IF you make changes to code, or add new in art etc you need to compile it(build) so the engine knows wtf you have done (Its my basic understanding of what occurs, mcglaspie could fill you in with more detail about the emdrive).

We are not in talks with UWE to make a standalone game to ns2.

As I have said before for new content (levels) to the game I am not prepaired to start saing HEY I AM WORKING ON THIS MAP! only to never finish it and thus cause disapointment. However as you know ns2_derelict is the next map that will be released as part of the game, ( I hope in the next patch but nothing is confirmed yet).

If you wish to see some of the EARLIER derelict stuff see my workshop page, or watch this video

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Yes Trello does look untouched, and as loki stated without the build machine items cant be updated or finished. We had truly hopped it would be done already, but its not. It is however much further along than ever before and our Visual Studio 2013 upgrades have been merged in, but there is still work to be done to tie all the pieces together and actually produce a build. Once this is done we will begin heavy testing again on Patch 275, but even this will take time. We have introduced a lot of new factors in the build and all of them will require a lot of testing. I'd like to think that this will go smoothly, but lord knows we have never been that lucky :P Once 275 is released we will begin work on our next phase for NS2 and more details about that will be unveiled with 275 when it's ready.

I wish I could say more than that, but there just isnt really any more to say yet. What I can say is Derelict looks amazing and we cannot wait for you all to play it! okay, back to work!
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Loki wrote: »
    nothing is confirmed

YES! SO EXCITED
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Unless you plan on making it F2P at the same time as 275 you'll be patching a ghost town at this rate. Oh well back to KF2.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    42 scientists.
    You thought you'd slip that one by unnoticed, didn't ya?

@Loki you posted a year old video, give them a better tease with something more recent! Players like @Cr4zyb4st4rd need temptation to cheat on their other games with NS2..
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited May 2015
    Unless you plan on making it F2P at the same time as 275 you'll be patching a ghost town at this rate. Oh well back to KF2.

kf2 is just to repetitive, its fun at first but then yoiu are facing the same monsters in the same waves and its always pretty much the same strategy which is shoot them in the head. Only 3 maps as well makes it abit dull currently. normal is way to easy except the boss is a challenge, hard is easy until scrakes and fleshpounds start appearing and then it is indeed hard, suicidal and hell of earth is pretty much impossible without a ridiculous number of players.. The different trader locations mean nothing since theres plenty of time to run back to your favorite spot, the game does nothing new over kf1.

ns2 differs from ns1 quite abit but it added a lot of new inovations like dynamic lighting, powernodes and infestation. Not all the new changes are liked but it isnt just ns1 with sparkly graphics. kf2 is just kf1 on a new engine, sure there are new perks we havent seen yet and it has a more progressive skill system but those things could have easily been added to kf1.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

kf2 is just to repetitive, its fun at first but then yoiu are facing the same monsters in the same waves and its always pretty much the same strategy which is shoot them in the head. Only 3 maps as well makes it abit dull currently. normal is way to easy except the boss is a challenge, hard is easy until scrakes and fleshpounds start appearing and then it is indeed hard, suicidal and hell of earth is pretty much impossible without a ridiculous number of players.. The different trader locations mean nothing since theres plenty of time to run back to your favorite spot, the game does nothing new over kf1.

ns2 differs from ns1 quite abit but it added a lot of new inovations like dynamic lighting, powernodes and infestation. Not all the new changes are liked but it isnt just ns1 with sparkly graphics. kf2 is just kf1 on a new engine, sure there are new perks we havent seen yet and it has a more progressive skill system but those things could have easily been added to kf1.

Damn, wish I read this post 2 weeks ago before I bought it, I was a japanese katana wielding beserker samurai wielding death in one hand, bowl of ramen in the other, for about 2 hours, then got bored...
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @Loki you posted a year old video, give them a better tease with something more recent!

;) My time has come!