Note To Clan Players

13»

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9852Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Pika-Cthulhu+Jan 16 2003, 01:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Pika-Cthulhu @ Jan 16 2003, 01:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What I hate is teamstacking clanners (im not bothered if tehy all go one team and let all others go toher team even if its unbalanced towards tehm (them having less) )<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I've been out of the clan thing for some time now, but about 4 years ago, I was heavily involved in a top ranked Quakeworld/Team Fortress clan. We banned "owning pubs" because:

1. It ruins the game for casual players. The server admin is providing a public server as a service to the casual gamer. If he wanted to make a place for hardcore clan-matches, he would have.
    2. It demonstrates poor sportsmanship. If you're serious about your clan play, and you do the tournaments and leagues and so forth, you should hold yourself to a higher standard than the common player. You shouldn't have to prove you can beat up a bunch of strangers, because it should be implicit.
    3. It fosters bad habits. If you're training to be a prize fighter, you don't learn by fighting twelve year olds. You learn by pushing your skills to the limit. Either by challenging someone better than you (and noticing where you made mistakes) or facing insurmountable odds. The only thing you get from an easy win is misplaced confidence.

Of course, the QW/TF scene was a pretty sedate, serious, mature bunch of folks.