Has V1.04 Got Boring Or Just Died?!

124»

Comments

• criticaIcriticaI Join Date: 2003-04-07 Member: 15269Banned, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--philmcneal+May 11 2003, 11:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (philmcneal @ May 11 2003, 11:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ok I am done... that is why 10000 Koreans go spectate live a starcraft match... never see C and C do that... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Starcraft has been around for a few years, and its practically Korea's national pastime. CCG is fairly new, on the other hand...
    Both are good games.
  • saberxsaberx Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3044Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--cri.tical+May 12 2003, 01:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (cri.tical @ May 12 2003, 01:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--philmcneal+May 11 2003, 11:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (philmcneal @ May 11 2003, 11:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ok I am done... that is why 10000 Koreans go spectate live a starcraft match... never see C and C do that... <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Starcraft has been around for a few years, and its practically Korea's national pastime. CCG is fairly new, on the other hand...
    Both are good games.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I believe the man said C&C Red Alert.
  • NeoskepticNeoskeptic Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3161Members
    I watched a korean tournament match of cnc:ra and it was over in less than 20 minutes...
  • criticaIcriticaI Join Date: 2003-04-07 Member: 15269Banned, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--skulker+May 11 2003, 03:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (skulker @ May 11 2003, 03:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Without total agreement from all players ( as if this would happen in a pub game ) before the game starts that binds/scripts/hacks are allowed then you SHOULDN'T USE THEM - don't make folks talk you down off them as if playing a "straight" game is something they should have to fight for

I suppose hackers will be hackers and yes, it IS just a fact of life and it IS just a game.. however, it does make it tough to want to play NS for the time being..<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, those damn configers! Using their configuration file to bind keys to important actions!!! Cheaters! Why do you have binds?!?!

<sarcasm & truth>
    Mr. Big 3 posts, please don't come in here and equate binds & scripts with hacks.
    <b>Hacks</b> - aimbot, wallhack, speed hack
    <b>Bad scripts</b> - silent bunnyhop(some sbhopers have scripted aid), and of course the infamous "pistol script"
    <b>Good scripts</b> - Toggles, Simultaneous Text & voice request, lots more tons of specialized scripts
    <b>Binds</b> - nonessentials such as fire key, movement, and menu. Hackers particularly love these bind cheats. I don't think I've seen anybody who didn't use those cheap binds.
    </sarcasm>

To see some of the misconceptions this community has really hurts me. <span style='color:red'>Please go out into the field and try to acquire some knowledge on a subject before trying to <i>pretend you are intelligent.</i></span>
    There are always going to be cheaters in every game (maybe even the Kentuncky Derby). But lets please draw a clear line between using in-game abilities vs using an external program. If you are going to accuse somebody of hacking, you'd better be **** sure they are using an external program.
    If you want to get into a debate about what in you opinion is exploitation of the game, then go talk in private with you friends..... The horse has already been beaten to death on these forums.

Moral for the ppl to lazy to read:
    Don't hastily accuse people of cheating or exploiting. You may now know wth you are talking about.
  • RPG_JssmfulhudRPG_Jssmfulhud Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4006Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--philmcneal+May 12 2003, 05:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (philmcneal @ May 12 2003, 05:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--Zenn+May 11 2003, 07:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Zenn @ May 11 2003, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why is C&C Red Alert (1 or 2) better than StarCraft?  C&C has strategy, StarCraft is about rushing. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    C&C better than Starcraft? I beg your pardon?

C&C <i>not</i> about rushing? I BEG YOUR PARDON?!
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I think the original topic won't be returned to. Feel free to open seperate threads for the rest.

<span style='color:red'>***Locked.***</span>
This discussion has been closed.